#3 Radio DJ

When You Loved the Other Half of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the time you spent with Chanyeol in the coffee shop was just okay. Chanyeol helped you with your math homeworks (he really was good with math, you thought he was exaggerating), but no more talks about Minkyung or your inferiority… or your charms. You were so busy with your own thoughts to make a conversation happening. Chanyeol seemed like he understood that you didn’t want to talk about Minkyung anymore. Now, both of you were sitting inside the bus, going home.

Chanyeol glanced to you a bit after minutes of silence. You felt his glance, but didn’t bother to glance at him back or ask what or why and kept facing forward. Finally, he spoke up. “Sorry if I pushed you before,” he mumbled with his deep voice.

“You didn’t push me—”

“Not literally push you, idiot,” he cut you with an amused tone and a funny smirk plastered on his face. “I mean… Sorry that I talked about your inferiority like it was nothing. I know it’s not easy for you to share such a complexion with someone you barely know, in this case, me.” His voice was getting serious again.

You stayed silent for a brief. He misunderstood things. He thought you were upset because he was asking about Minkyung all the time and was not being polite to bring up your complexion.

Chanyeol, you were wrong. You were remaining silent because you were afraid of your growing feeling towards him. You kept convincing yourself that you were just adoring him, not liking him as a guy.

“I know you didn’t mean it that way,” you said with low voice.

You heard Chanyeol sighed. “Thank you for being considerate. You know… I might be all hyperactive and thoughtless sometimes, so please bear with me,” he chuckled. You chuckled as well.

“Okay,” you said.

“I hope you will still help me to get to know Minkyung.”

You stared at him. “Of course I will. I promised to you, right? Promises aren’t made to be broken.” You smiled to Chanyeol shortly, then faced forward again. You waited for him to reply or comment but he said nothing. Instead, he raised his pinky finger in front of you. You stared at his raised pinky finger that waiting to be interwined. And then, you did a pinky promise with him.

Chanyeol chuckled with his deep voice. “I know you could be trusted, Miyeon-ah.” You smiled.

Silence again. There was this question lingering in your head for a while and you decided to ask it to Chanyeol. “Why do you like Minkyung? And when did you started to like her?” asked you.

He didn’t reply for a while, so you watched him staring far away with that dreaming look.

“Nothing special, actually. I just happened to be confused about how to go to principal’s office on my first day at school and maybe my face showed my confusion so much that Minkyung asked me if she could help me,” Chanyeol explained, the dreaming look was still on his face. You knew he was being nostalgic. “I remember how she talked and smiled that day. She was beautiful, and seconds after I realized she was kind too. But at first, I thought I was just glad that she helped me.”

You continued to listening to him without cutting him. It was hard to be not sarcastic. You secretly hoped that Chanyeol liked Minkyung for another trait of hers. But, now that you knew that he fell for her looks first then her kindness, just like other guys, it made you feel disappointed. It confirmed how looks played a big role when someone falling in love. “You thought so?” you tried to make him continue.

“Yeah, I thought I was just glad that she helped me until I saw her at gymnasium with the cheerleader squad—”

“Why were you watching cheerleaders practicing?” That question just blurted out of your mouth in reflex because you were too amused with that fact. You realized you just cut him and felt bad. “Sorry, I cut you. Nevermind, continue, please.”

Chanyeol laughed. “That’s okay, I can explain. On the first day I made Byun Baekhyun and Kim Jongin to show me the whole school because I was afraid I might be confused again. They stopped at the gymnasium and asked me if I want to watch cheerleaders practicing. I said, it’s okay. So we watched them practicing, and I spotted Minkyung. I didn’t dare to ask who was she to Baekhyun or Jongin, so I was just watching her. She did splendid. I fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter