#2 No Charm

When You Loved the Other Half of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Math was the last subject you had today and you were staring blankly at the whiteboard. Last minutes were always a torture. Your mind drifted away from the teacher’s explanation to Chanyeol. He’s such a nice guy. You were glad that he came to you for help, that means you looked dependable enough outside. But you were still bitter about it.

Guys had always asked you questions or requests. Not a dating request—unfortunately—but questions about Minkyung or requests to send Minkyung greetings. You were experiencing it since you were freshman--no, actually, since you couldn't remember. Well, you couldn't blame them that they were so interested in Minkyung. She was pretty, with cute face and nice skin. She was around 158 cm tall, made her huggable for guys even with average height. Her hair was so silky and fragrant. She always had that natural make-up on her face, brought her attractiveness even more.

As you remembered, she only had four ex-boyfriends in high school only, which was very surprising because she was really popular among guys. Eventhough she was popular, she was not a who flirted with every guy in school, she really was a good girl. That’s why you couldn’t hate her. It would be easier for you if she acted cocky, y, and annoying. Easier to hate her to cover your jealousy for her, of course.

Besides her pretty face, she was also good in academics. She was great with Math (you hated math—who doesn’t, actually?) and she was a good painter. She had that lovable, easy-going aura—everybody in school liked her, from the students to the teachers. So, even though she was popular among guys, girls in your school liked her too. Some of the girls copied her style, make-up, etc.

She was also the leader of cheerleader squad in your school. Since it was already your senior year, she had to step down from the title ‘leader'. But she was still watching her juniors practicing. That’s why sometimes you rode the bus to home.

You drew scribbles on your notebook and smiled sadly. Different from Minkyung, you were a so-so. With 164 cm body and skinny figure, you looked awkward. Your height difference with Minkyung was so noticeable, and you knew the reason was when you had twin, usually one of you had more nutrition, so it would affect the growth of the body. Your face features were different from Minkyung—hers were more proportional. The only feature you shared with her was your eyes and eyebrows. Your hair was wavy, but not that y wavy. More like an untidy wavy. Your skin was not glowing like hers, too. And you at Math (and Math’s friends like Physics, Chemistry, etc).

And the most importantly, your parents loved her more than you. Wow. You speculated that because you were always feel inferior about yourself and that everyone liked Minkyung more, you had no close friends and being labeled as ‘unfriendly’. Soohyun and Yeri were your friends, yes, but you were still hesitating to let out your problems and complain about Minkyung to them. You bet if they knew that you were jealous of Minkyung, they would look down on you. Ha, what a life.

The bell suddenly rang, cut your thoughts about Minkyung in instant. You stopped scribbling and looked up.

“That’s all for today, but you have homework to be done. Do problems number 1 to 20 on page 61 until 63. The due date is the next meeting. Good afternoon.” As the teacher walked out of the class, students began talking to each other and the class became chaotic. You groaned. Another math homework. Hooray. Yippe. Then, you felt your phone in your pocket vibrated. You got a message, from Minkyung. You hurriedly read the message.

Miyeon-aaah~ Sorry I can’t ride you home, I’m going to the mall with girls. I hope you don’t mind riding the bus to home :( again, sorry, Miyeon-ah! See you at home

You turned away, facing Soohyun beside you and Yeri behind Soohyun. “Do you guys wanna hang out today?”

Your mood dropped because of your thoughts of Minkyung recently and the fact that she couldn’t take you home because of her girls’ hang-out. You wanted to be freshen up by having your girls' hang out.

Yeri made an apologetic look. “Can’t. Promised to help my mom cleaning the house today and maybe unpacking some things.” You suddenly remembered that Yeri just moved in to a new house.

“Me too. I promised Jongdae that we will have a date after school. I really want to go out with you, though. You haven’t told us who you were meeting this lunch,” Soohyun said. Jongdae was her new boyfriend.

You nodded. “That’s okay, guys, if you can’t make it. I’ll just chill in a coffee shop, probably. And I’ll tell you guys about the person who I spent my lunch with tomorrow, before class. Okaay?” You tried to be cheerful.

“Nice idea,” Yeri smiled. “I really must go home now… Bye, guys! Be careful on your way!” she said as she ran out of the class.

You and Soohyun were waving at her. “We should go either,” Soohyun said as she got up. You followed her to your lockers—her locker was not too far from yours. When you arranged your books, you glanced at Soohyun and there he was, Jongdae. Soohyun looked happy seeing her boyfriend came to her locker. Soohyun caught your glance and smiled to you. “Bye, Miyeon-ah! Have a nice chilling time in coffee shop!”

You smiled back. “You too, have a nice date with your boyfriend!” Soohyun was waving goodbye to you, so was Jongdae, and you waved back. After being left alone, you continued to arrange your books in your messy locker and w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter