#8 Your Number

When You Loved the Other Half of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were laying down on the sofa, watching TV when Minkyung got home. She brought some things inside a plastic bag—you were assuming she went to a supermarket before going home. Minkyung got surprised as she witnessing you laying on the sofa, watching TV instead of resting on your bed in your room.

“Miyeon-ah! Why are you resting here?” Minkyung nagged you. “And why are you watching TV? You barely can opened your eyes this morning!”

“I’m bored,” you answered in pleading tone. “Besides, after taking the medicine, I feel slightly better.”

You could see Minkyung rolled her eyes as she placed a pack of vitamins inside a cupboard. “Slightly, right? You can’t force your eyes yet, Miyeon-ah. You should sleep.” Minkyung continued her nagging. She brought a bottle of vitamin and handed it to you after unsealing the bottle. You received the vitamin but not drank it immediately.

“I’ve been sleeping for hours, Minkyung-ah, seriously. I’ll feel tired if I sleep too much, so now I’m watching the TV,” you replied to her nagging before drank your vitamin. You tried one shot, but you choked instead. Minkyung hurriedly filled out a glass with water and handed it to you without saying a word. “Thanks,” you said, thanking her. You drank the rest of the vitamin and lay back to the sofa.

“Have you checked your temperature?" Minkyung asked, her voice softened.

You shook your head. “Not yet. I planned to do it later at night, maybe after dinner and my second medicine.”

Minkyung nodded in agreement. “Do you still feel dizzy?” Her facial expression turned into a concerned one once again.

“Yes, a bit. I can’t stand or sit for a long time. I feel more comfortable laying down,” you answered as you changed the channel.

You felt Minkyung’s hand on your forehead, checking you temperature like she did this morning. “I think it’s better now, but you still need rest. You won’t go to school tomorrow, I prohibited you,” Minkyung warned. You frowned, but not arguing. You were bored at home, alone, but it was better anyway than attending school with such a sick body and couldn’t concentrate properly at classes. It would feel like hell.

“Got it,” you replied shortly.

Minkyung was eyeing you for a moment before starting a conversation. “You know, there was this guy talking to me when the school ended, at the parking lot,” she said with a monotous tone.

You looked at her curiously. Since Minkyung and Kris broke up, Minkyung was barely interacting with a specific guy. “So…?” You tried to make her blurted out more.

“It was Park Chanyeol. You know him, right?” Minkyung paused for a moment, waiting for a confirmation. You were surprised to hear his name from Minkyung. So they talked earlier. You were wondering what were they talking about, but probably it was none of your business so you didn’t dare to ask. Realizing you were no replying Minkyung yet, you nodded. “He was asking what happened to you,” continued her.

What? You were becoming more surprised than before. You hoped your eyes weren't popping out too much. You have to stay calm, Miyeon. “Why was he asking that?” you asked her back because you had no idea how to respond.

Minkyung raised her shoulders. “I don’t know. Because you guys are friends…? You guys are friends, right? He told me that earlier.” Minkyung tried to had a confirmation once again.

Partner in crime, for specific. “You could say that….” you  answered after hesitating a little bit. You were afraid that you would blurt out something you shouldn’t about Chanyeol’s secrets.

“I was wondering….” Minkyung’s voice trailed off, making you swallowed your saliva in nervousness. Wondering about what? You waited for her to finish her sentence. “Since when were you guys friends?”

Dang! You hadn’t discussed what you should answer if Minkyung asking why were you and Chanyeol becoming friends in all of sudden with him earlier. You were looking for possible lies inside your head. “I—I met him when he was taking photos. Near the school. He likes photography,” you answered whatever crossed in your mind.

“But you don’t like taking pictures,” Minkyung stated. She got you.

You wanted to chuckle naturally but it turned out awkward. “Better late than never, right?” Even yourself could sense your fakeness. “He wanted friends to do photography together. You know, he is a new student and his new friends are majorly jocks or dancers who are not interested in photography,” you continued with a more natural tone. Another lie.

Minkyung’s eyes got bigger as she smiled excitedly. “We could do photography together! I don’t have friends to do photography together either. You were always refusing if I asked you to accompany me.” She ended her sentence with a cute pout.

You swallowed. This was going to be hard. He wants to do photography with you, not me, Minkyung-ah. Beside, you didn’t want to be the third-wheel. “If I have time,” you tried to end this topic. You got up with hardship and said, “I want to rest in my room. Wake me up for dinner, okay?”

Minkyung nodded. “Sure,” she said, then suddenly she continued, “by the way, I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter