#29 Minkyung's Favorite Places

When You Loved the Other Half of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol waved his hand to you as he saw you among the crowd. You immediately recognized his tall figure from afar. You quickened your pace and stood in front of him in a flash. The crowd around both of you didn’t stop moving, made you stumbled here and there.

Without word, Chanyeol led you to step out of the subway station. The wind outside was cold although snow wasn’t pouring. You tried to remember whether Minkyung wore her coat or not when she left home.

“How could Minkyung run away from home?” Chanyeol started a conversation.

He was still in dazed after you called him 30 minutes ago, asking for help. With your minim explanation about what happened, Chanyeol was curious and worried at the same time. He felt the urgency in your voice. That was why he agreed right away after you asked him to help you finding Minkyung. When you suggested for meeting up at the nearest subway station to your house, he agreed without saying much or demanding more explanation.

You exhaled. “She got into an argument with our parents,” you answered lowly.

Chanyeol’s eyebrows were raised. He was clearly surprised by hearing your answer. “Why?” Chanyeol asked carefully.

“Authoritarian parents,” you replied. “They forced Minkyung to major in business when she got into college.”

“To be honest, Minkyung and business major don’t match well,” Chanyeol commented honestly.

You nodded, agreeing his comment. “But my parents think Minkyung and drawing don’t match,” you said sarcastically as you thought back of your parents’ ego. “They don’t want Minkyung to take architecture or design as her major. Basically, they want Minkyung to major in business, not anything else.”

“I feel sorry for her,” Chanyeol mumbled, then he sighed.

“So do I,” you said lowly. “Minkyung went with her car when she left home and our Dad couldn’t catch her up. I honestly don’t know either where she went,” added you to give Chanyeol more information.

“Why don’t you call her?” Chanyeol asked.

“Can’t. She left her phone,” you explained as you pulled out Minkyung’s phone from your right pocket. “I called her friends and Kris, but they didn’t know where Minkyung was.”

Chanyeol looked surprised as you mentioned Kris. “I thought Kris and Minkyung are done?”

You raised your shoulders. “Yeah, but who knows? Kris might know where Minkyung is.”

He didn’t ask further about Kris. Instead, he was asking about something else. “Do you have any idea where should we search? We can’t just stand here, right?”

“I think Minkyung went to somewhere she likes. Should we check out her favorite places?” you suggested.

“Sure, but first let’s buy hot packs and maybe bread. We are freezing and haven’t eaten lunch yet. It’s already noon,” said Chanyeol.

You checked out your wrist-watch. Chanyeol was right, it was already noon. For exact, 12.17 P.M. Minkyung went with her car around 8 A.M, so she was missing for 4 hours already. You couldn’t believe even your father couldn’t find Minkyung although he was searching for about 3 hours already. If Dad couldn’t find her, could you?

Building up your confidence, you were determined to find Minkyung. You knew her better than your parents knew her. Moreover, she was your twin. Twins had a special connection to each other, right?

“Okay, let’s go to that minimarket,” you pointed out.

Chanyeol and you walked side by side. Both of you entered the empty minimarket. Chanyeol searched for hot packs, meanwhile you grabbed bread and milk. You picked two packs of plain sweet bread and two cartons of banana milk.

“I prefer melon flavored milk, by the way,” Chanyeol informed from the other side of aisle.

You chuckled. “Okay.”

You put back one from your hand and reached for the melon flavored milk. Chanyeol was already at the cashier when you bought breads and milk cartons in your hands to him. After putting those on cashier table, you immediately reached for your wallet.

Chanyeol stopped your hand from opening your wallet. “I’ll pay for these.”

You wanted to argue. “But—”

Chanyeol pretended he didn’t hear you and quickly paid. “Come on, we have to hurry to find Minkyung, not to argue inside a minimarket,” Chanyeol said when he noticed your uncomfortable expression.

Chanyeol was right, so you didn’t argue him. Besides, you could pay him back later. After receiving his change, Chanyeol dragged you with him outside. The cold wind brushed of your exposed skin, making you shiver. You rubbed your hands together to warm yourself.

“Miyeon-ah, you don’t wear your gloves?” Chanyeol asked worriedly when he noticed your bare hands.

Blushing, you felt so clumsy in front of him. “I forgo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter