#19 Confession

When You Loved the Other Half of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday, 2 days after the confession

That evening after Yeri finished her part-time job, you went to a pasta restaurant with Soohyun and Yeri. Unlike the usual hang-outs that took place in café to eat donuts and drink coffee, Yeri demanded to literally eat something because she was starving. Hungry Yeri was more dangerous than any carnivore animal, so you and Soohyun couldn’t help but to agree when she dragged both of you to a pasta restaurant.

You were playing with your pasta, drowned in your own thought when you caught Soohyun was watching you with concerned and judging eyes.

“What?” you asked defensively. You were uncomfortable of the thought that Soohyun had been watching you for quite long.

“Why are you not eating?” Soohyun asked you back with a calm tone. “Aren’t you hungry?”

“Not really, actually,” you answered. In the corner of your eyes you could see Yeri was eating her pasta deliciously, but it didn’t raise your appetite. Soohyun didn’t comment anything to your answer, so you awkwardly ate your pasta.

“I notice that you are gloomy these days,” Soohyun stated carefully. You stopped chewing by her words, but decided to just keep quiet and let her finish her statements. “I also notice that Chanyeol is closer day by day to your twin,” she added, still with cautious tone.

“Is that mean your mission has been done quite well?” Yeri asked innocently.

You forced a smile after you gulped down the food. “You could say that.”

There was silence before Soohyun finally broke it. “Are you happy?” Soohyun asked, this time more boldly. Her eyes were staring at yours, as if she wanted to find the truth behind it.

Soohyun’s question pierced you like a bullet. It made your mind blank right away, so your feeling took the control. No. I’m not happy, your feeling said. Your mind, which gained back its senses, prevented you to spoke out the true answer. Soohyun and Yeri were still watching you closely. Suddenly, you felt the urge of letting go all of your bitterness that you stacked up inside yourself for quite a while. Screw brain. It was time for the feeling to take over. There was no room to hide or pretend as well, so what was the point of pretending you were okay once again?

“I’m not,” you whispered. Your voice cracked in sadness. “I’m not…” you repeated, this time while covering your face with your hands. Yeri put down her fork and started patting your back to assure you.

“Do you like him?” Soohyun asked. “Chanyeol, I mean…”

A drop of tear left your eye when you answered her. “I like him…” you confirmed, still with a cracked voice. “I’m falling in love with him…”

Soohyun gasped lowly and took a deep breath. Yeri was still patting your back with care. You wanted to prevent more tears to fall, but you couldn’t help it. More tears were streaming down your face the second you let your guard down.

“I know I shouldn’t. He likes Minkyung. I knew it before I realized that I like him. This is my own fault that letting myself to fall in love with him,” you continued, trying to suppress the tears.

“Don’t be so hard on yourself,” Yeri whispered.

“That’s why couldn’t back out? Because you promised to help him first?” Soohyun asked for confirmation. You nodded soullessly. Soohyun exhaled loudly. “I couldn’t blame your stupidity, then,” she said.

You didn’t feel offended at all by her statement because you felt that you really were stupid.  You knew that the one who should be blamed was yourself.

“Don’t say something like that, Soohyun-ah,” Yeri warned lowly.

You shook your head. “No, she’s right. I’m stupid as hell for still helping him even after I realized that I have feelings for him. I thought I will be okay but now I’m clearly not.”

Soohyun handed you tissue to wipe your tears. You gladly accepted it as you mouthed ‘thank you’ to her. You knew Soohyun was worried about you deep inside her heart. “How do you know that I like Chanyeol?” you asked to Soohyun and Yeri.

“Soohyun was the one who made assumption,” Yeri answered.

“How do I know?” Soohyun asked, repeating your question. She seemed like she was ready to answer as if she practiced the line before. “Of course I know. I noticed that you were glancing too much at him while having lunch at the cafeteria. I noticed that once you tried to back away from him but failed. I noticed your disappointed face when you saw Chanyeol together with Minkyung. But there is this reason why I dared to make a guess that you like him.”

You stared at Soohyun with eyes full of tears. It made your vision blurry. “What?”

Soohyun once again handed you another tissue as she answered with more calm tone. “I noticed that you were sad by just seeing him being sad,” answered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter