Friends.

When There Was Us.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ahh.... This is the girl you were searching for that whole night?!" 

 

I looked up and blushed, feeling the tinge of redness on my cheeks growing a shade darker. My eyes stared at these beautiful boys that were sitting around me. I could literally hear my heart beating in my ears and my throat getting dry. Chanyeol sat just next to me, chuckling and telling them to stop teasing me. I tried hard to remember to take a deep breath before I make a scene here and embarassed myself. 

 

"Here is your meat," The ahjumma cut in and smiled, "Enjoy!" 

 

"Neh!" 

 

Chopsticks were already in a mess in the centre of the table where there were 2 mountains of meat piled up and them filling their stomachs with the bowl of rice in front of each of them. I watch them and picked up my chopstick, seeing D.O. pouring glasses of soju for his hyungs. He didn't pour for me, looking at me and then turning away when I looked up at him. 

 

I learned that the rest of them were very noisy and chatty during the whole dinner, talking with their mouth full and messy. I blushed and couldn't help but grin when I heard their jokes and shared their funny experiences in their various schools, along with a whole new round of names appearing as well. I listened and smile small, seeing D.O. smiling and making jokes as well, a whole new side of him that I never saw much from our two previous meetings. 

 

I bit my lip, remembering what he had told me the other night after their gig. I kept quiet and ate up, taking the left over meat and chewed on the delicacy well. The boys were talking and discussing on stuff, Chanyeol being the most loudest and animated one in the group. I kept quiet, keeping to myself as they joked and talk about everything else except..

 

"Omo..." I heard one of the gasped as the rest of them looked up and saw a pretty girl walking towards them from behind me. 

 

I blinked as I recalled the girl, the one who hugged Chanyeol after the gig. I bit my lip, my heart constricting as it skipped a beat and a sharp tinge of pain spread through my heart to the rest of my body. Chanyeol stiffened and looked at her as she walked her way to him and gave a wave to him. 

 

"Ji Hee ah..." Chanyeol said her name and I dropped my chopsticks on the floor. 

 

Everyone stared at me as I bend down to pick it up and apologised for the clumsiness. The girl took the empty seat beside Chanyeol and watched me. I bit my lip and found one of the chopstick near my foot before I tried to find for the other and spotted it. I reached for it just as a shoe blocked my way and push it towards the person that stepped on it. 

 

"Ahjumma," D.O. raised his voice, "Another pair of chopsticks please!" 

 

"Neh!" 

 

"What are you guys doing here without me?" The girl asked, casually wrapping her arm around Chanyeol and played with his hair. Chanyeol froze and looked down, trying to eat. 

 

"We thought maybe-" Baekhyun replied when someone squashed his foot and he caught Lay giving him a look and his mouth was set in a grim line. 

 

I looked down and waited for my chopsticks, my stomach churning and growled quietly. Chanyeol faced my direction before he looked away. I kept quiet as the girl was still occupied with him. 

 

"Who is this?" She asked, staring at me and I looked up, biting my lip and looked down immediately when my face turned red. 

 

"A-ahh.." Suho tried to enlighten the situation, "She is a friend!" 

 

"Friend?" Ji Hee asked, looking at me with her glaring eyes, "Who's friend?" 

 

"Mine," D.O. cut in, saving me from being interrogated. 

 

I gulped and looked at D.O. who kindly took the new pair of chopsticks from the ahjumma and took my hand, wrapping my hands around the chopsticks gently. I blushed and looked at him the whole time, trying to make sense of what was going on even though deep inside I know what was really going on. I kept quiet as Suho called on everyone to eat. 

 

"Ji Hee, wanna eat?" Xiumin asked, looking at her. 

 

"I'm okay.." She said, taking Chanyeol's hat and put it on her head instead, ignoring Chanyeol's silence death glare. 

 

I gulped and felt the whole atmosphere going grey and turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter