Preparations

When There Was Us.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The yearly school affair - the summer festival. 

 

It was an opportunity for everyone to gather donations and earn some popularity with their clubs. Everyone was scrambling for ideas and getting them approved by the principal before Preparations Week. 

 

Kyungsoo was beat. He was getting exhausted climbing up and down the stairs of not one building but a few within the school compound. Finding all the notice boards he could get, he was putting up posters of the band which was voted by majority to perform live during the end of the summer festival. Heavily panting as he managed to reach the last noticeboard of the day, he wiped the beads of sweat off his forehead. 

 

"There..." he said to himself, grinning. 

 

He his dry lips, heading over to the vending machine at the end of the hallway when he heard someone's name in one of the rooms. He peeked in to see a familiar figure standing at the end of the classroom on the phone. 

 

"So you’re coming?" She spoke, snickering, "The thing is we need to try to break them up,"

 

Kyungsoo backed up and listened intently, his ears perking up. Break who up? He wondered, just as he heard all their names strung along together. His eyes widened at it, he wondered if this was meant to ruin the summer festival. 

 

With silent footsteps, he darted away from the caller, running to where his friends were.

 

* * * * * 

 

"So is it official?" Baekhyun asked as the band took a break from their own practice at the cafe. 

 

"Of course it is!" Xiumin butted in with Chen shaking his head in the background. 

 

Chanyeol chuckled and smile, watching as his bandmates teased each other about other things related to love and relationships. He spinned his pencil around his fingers as he tried to get another inspiration for the next few lines in his songwriting. 

 

Footsteps were heard echoing the empty cafe and everyone looked up to find Kyungsoo panting. 

 

"Yah..." Kyungsoo panted, leaning forward to support himself with his hands on his knees. 

 

Everyone stared at each other at the sight of Kyungsoo who rushed over, wondering what was going on. 

 

* * * * * 

 

I stared at the layout in front of me on the paper, trying to figure out what was going on. I was asked earlier to be part of a showcase for the school festival, and had met the other students who were going to put their artworks on display as well. 

 

I followed the group as we entered the main hall where our works will be displayed. Hyun Jin sunbae was in the midst of arranging the layout with different coloured duct tapes on the floor of the main hall with other seniors when we entered the hall. He gave us his proud smile as he congratulate us on being the selected few for the event. 

 

"We are trying to arrange the whole thing accordingly as there will be special guests who will be arriving on the first day to see your works," He continued as he flipped through the papers on his clipboard while walking with us through the main hall. 

 

I scribbled that as a note in my layout sheet that was given to me at the start of the briefing. 

 

Hyunjin began to go through the list of artworks that were selected to be displayed with each student one by one. As each student were called upon to discuss on the arrangements and the description of each piece, I took a chance to look around, staring back at my paper. 

 

"Red tape....red tape," I muttered as I look at the coloured tapes on the floor to find where my display will be at. 

 

"Ah...Min Hee," 

 

"Sunbae," I smiled as Hyunjin came over and took a look at his list. 

 

We began discussing on the pieces to display, him scribbling down the description of each display that I had in mind. I smiled brightly, proud that I manage to get a chance to display my works during the festival. 

 

"What about this one?" He asked as he showed me the picture of the artwork that was chosen last. 

 

I blinked and recognise the work, feeling the rush of blood on my face. I tried to think of what to name the piece, let alone I have to think of the description as well. Hyunjin gave me a moment as one of the seniors came up to him with questions on the arrangement. I let him go just as I heard someone shouting beside me to move away. 

 

I turned to see one of the decorative panels started leaning towards me and froze on the spot. I yelled and shut my eyes just as someone came forward and tackled me to the side. 

 

The sound of the panels shattered on the floor was heard and everyone in the main hall ran over to see what had happened. I gasped and opened my eyes, seeing Hyunjin had push me out of the way, him rolling off me and looked at the broken pieces lying in front of us. 

 

"Shoot," He cursed just as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter