The Day After.

When There Was Us.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up slightly better and had breakfast with my family. My parents were informed of what happened and asked me how I was at the table. I gave them a reassuring smile and told them I was feeling better to head to school. My younger brother climbed on my lap and inspected the fresh bandage I put on my forehead, asking me curious questions. I giggled and held him close so he wouldn't fall, answering him as he played doctor with me. 

 

It was always a lively scene in the morning with the younger ones asking for more food or asking for their packed lunch and telling on what happened the day before. To them, it was always an adventure in school. I remembered being just like them when I was their age, listening to them as they recalled the stories at the breakfast table or dinner table. 

 

"Eomeoni, Abeoji... I need to go now.." The deep voice spoke and I looked up to see my older brother grabbing his helmet and putting on his socks. 

 

"Min Hyun! Where is your manners?" My mother snapped as she grabbed the brown bag and passed it to him. 

 

I watch as my brother rolled his eyes and grabbed a piece of sandwich from my plate. He looked at me and eyed the bandage on my forehead. He touched it and kissed it quickly as if to say get well soon. I smiled small and watched as my brother disappeared out the front door. I looked at the time and gasped softly. 

 

"Min Seo ah," I looked at my younger brother who sat on my lap and munch his breakfast, leaving crumbs over my lap, "Noona is going to be late for school..." 

 

Min Seo quickly climbed down and went to his seat, entertaining the other 2 younger siblings. I kissed Eomeoni on the cheek and Appa's too before grabbing my duffel bag and sling it over me. Slipping into my shoes, I quickly head out with my brown lunch bag in between my teeth. Reaching the metal gates, I open it and winced at the creak sound. 

 

"Oww... my ears!" 

 

I jumped and almost dropped my lunch when a fast hand grabbed it and caught it before it fell on the floor. I blinked and looked at the same brown hair that was sitting on the ground and stood up before me. He was one of the tallest boys in school and I was only half of his height. He grinned and messed up his hair, brushing his fringe into place. 

 

"You're late.." He commented as he held my lunch in his hands and I turned to close the gate. 

 

"Correction, we are late." I said, hearing him chuckle under his breath behind me. 

 

"Sarcasm much?" He smiled adorably, making my insides flutter. 

 

"It wasn't!" 

 

We walked down the hill to the bus stop, taking the shortcut. He followed, grinning like a fool. I blushed and tried to walk ahead, constantly glancing behind to see if I was dreaming about him walking me to the bus stop and heading to school together. I rubbed my bandage when it hurt but continued walking. I paused nearing the bus stop to adjust my loose shoelaces. 

 

He let me, waiting by the bus stop and caught sight of our bus on the opposite side of the road. He gasped and called on me. 

 

"Min Hee!" 

 

I looked up and gasped when he grabbed my hand, running across the traffic light to catch the last bus as it came to a halt at the bus stop. I blushed and ran with him, panting as we boarded the crowded bus together. He gently lead me up, seeing any seats available and pulled me gently through the waves of bodies that was standing and jerking whenever the bus did so. I blushed and followed him, pushing through and apologising before we settled on the seats at the back. 

 

I huffed my cheeks and laugh a bit, brushing my hair back. I turned to look at him and caught him staring at me. I blushed and snapped at him.

 

"What!" 

 

"Nothing....kencanah?" He asked, reaching out to touch my bandage. I winced when he did, not having any energy to push him slightly away but knowing I will regret if I did so. 

 

"Kencanah.." I caught my breath and looked at him who drank water and offered me some. I shook my head and slipped my hand in my school  jacket pocket, feeling a piece of cloth and remembered it was his handkerchief. 

 

Oh ... 

 

I blushed and turned away, digging through my school bag for tissues to wipe the sweat off my head and manage to wipe it off gently. I offered him some and he thanked me with an adorable smile, taking a piece and wiped the beads of sweat on his face. I watched and stopped myself from staring, looking out of the window. The crowd on the bus slowly dissipate as the stops goes, most of them stopping at the nearest train station that will take them to the city. 

 

"I always stopped here to take the train to the city.." Chanyeol said as we watch the crowd made their way to the underground train. 

 

"For?" I asked, though I knew it at the back of my head. 

 

Chanyeol smiled as he turned to me, "Music stuff. I have my own band." 

 

I blushed when he smiled sincerely at me. I looked away and bit my lip, secretly hoping this was not a dream though it felt so much like one. One where your crush is smiling at you and telling you abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter