Infectious.

When There Was Us.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dammit....why....

 

"Stay at home. Don't head out even, arasso?" 

 

My mum kept the medicine and pour me another glass of water. I sigh and winced as I tried to get up from the sudden pulse of aches surrounding my body. Her hand came under my back and help me up as I took the glass from her hand and drank the water. 

 

 "I'll.." I coughed, "Be okay..." 

 

My mum raised her eyebrows as I slid back down and have her pull the blanket above me. She pat it down gently before she leaned forward and kiss my forehead where the throbbing pain was still there and probably the site where is infected and got me sick. 

 

I hated being sick but because of my reckless act the day before of exposing the huge bump to the air cause me to be where I was. Just because of that stupid.. 

 

I watch with watery and heaty eyes as my mum slipped out of the room before the effects of the medicine took over and pulled me into an abyss of darkness. 

 

* * * * * 

 

Tuk! 

 

Tuk! Tuk! 

 

Tuk! 

 

I groanes as I forced myself awake. The sound of something thrown on my window was irrirating and I am irritated by it now. I stared at the 2 sets of windows I have on in my room. 

 

It was impossible to throw things to my room windows. I stayed at the attic with the other family stuff that is arranged nicely at the corners and around the space. I used the space to put things that I make or do. My walls were done up by me by myself. It was a summer project and the heat in the air was stuffy but I still did it anyways. 

 

The art things I had lay all over together with the books and sketches I had around. It was messy but it was a way to keep my stuff. I got up slowly, rubbing the plaster on the infected wound. 

 

Tuk! Tuk! 

 

Tuk! 

 

"Argh! What the-" I slipped my bedroom slippers on and stood up, my hand out to balance myself against the wall as I walked to the nearest window. 

 

Unlatching the window panel, I push the window open and- 

 

"OWW!" 

 

"Geez! !" I heard a boy's voice cursed and a rattle of bushes. 

 

I winced and rubbed my forehead again as I turn to find the small stone that hit me hard. I groaned and muttered another curse, hearing someone climbing up. Or trying to. 

 

I opened my eyes and saw the same tuff of hair, blinking to think it was just an imagination. 

 

"Ahh! Ouch!" 

 

I look at him and sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose as I took deep steady breaths. 

 

"Sunbae. Front door." I said, heading back in and went down the stairs to the first floor. 

 

I heard him running around the house just as I opened the door to see him panting and sweating in front of me. I looked at him and wondered why he was here. 

 

"Sunbae.." 

 

"At least.." He panted, "Invite me in..." 

 

I bit my lip, staring at the time and saw it was noon. Since no one will be back soon, I decided to take the risk of having a boy home into a girl's house. 

 

"Come in.." I said, letting him in and shut the door behind him after he did. 

 

He slipped off his shoes and I realise then that he was in his school uniform. I blinked and crossed my arms. 

 

"Aren't you suppose to be in school?" I asked him, seeing him study his surroundings before his eyes land on me. 

 

"Aren't you?" He darted the question back at me. 

 

"Sunbae! I have a legit reason to not be in school!" I hissed and went to the kitchen, trying to ignore the ache around my body as my muscles forced themselves to move. 

 

I groaned and quietly did some drinks for him and myself. Something I was taught of when I was younger. I sighed and grabbed the pills from the corner of my eyes and took them, chugging them down with a glass of water before passing him the soda that I poured for him. He blinked and looked at me as he took a sip and set his mouth to a grim line. The silence was awkward and intense. I had to grip the side of the kitchen island to make sure I didn't fall or faint to let this dream go... 

 

If it was a dream.. 

 

Chanyeol looked around my house a while more, inspecting the pictures on the fridge doors as he sipped on his soda again after 5 minutes of silence. He looked at it a little longer before I sighed and broke his attention from the pictures to me. 

 

"Sunbae...you should leave." I whispered, though my heart ached for him not to go. 

 

Chanyeol slipped his hand into his school jacket pocket before he took out something crumpled and rubbery. I looked at it as he spread it open and I felt my heart caught in my throat when I recognise what it was.

 

... the plaster...

 

"I found this near the thrash bin near the school garden." He whispered, pushing the plaster forth to me and watch me. 

 

I kept quiet, trying to come up with something to help myself out of this situation. I bit my lip and turned around to dig through the fridge for water. I heard the chair screeched slightly across the floor as he stood up from it. I turned around and faced him, towering in his height and his measured and beautiful eyes on me. I gulped and drank more. 

 

"It-it was getting hot so I remove it.." I tried to lie my way out, hoping he would buy it. 

 

He looked at me again before his eyes eyed the new plaster on my head. He digged through his pants and found what he was looking for. I bit my lip harder, eyeing the marker pen in his hand as he uncapped the stationary and came for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter