Gigs.

When There Was Us.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Chanyeol send me home yesterday and convinced me half of the time along the way to come to his gig, I gave him an answer that I suddenly regretted the moment I tried to sleep that night. 

 

However, the invitation was special cause he invited me though it was an open invitation to everyone to come. I stood in front of my full length mirror, messing up my wadrobe for almost an hour to find a perfect pair of clothes to wear for this so-called important occasion. 

 

After trying out clothes that weren't meant for my attitude and personality, I decided on a graphic tee and skinny jeans, grabbing my jacket along the way and a pair of slip-ons to go with. 

 

I tied my hair up into a ponytail and grabbed my duffel bag that was given to me used and passed down to me by my grandfather. It was stained with paints and inks and decorated with cool badges that I find it weirdly adorable and cool on the brown duffel. 

 

"Min Hee ah," My mother peeked in and looked at my attire, "Where do you think you're going, young lady?" 

 

I blink and slinged the duffel bag around me. I opened my mouth and tried to come up with something to go along but was distracted when my phone rang. 

 

My mother's ears perked and her eyes narrowed to me. I bit my lip and grabbed for the ringing device on my table, signalling to my mother to give me a minute to pick the call that was none other than- 

 

"Sunbae!" 

 

Chanyeol's voice was strained and loud due to the noisy background. 

 

"Min Hee ah! Are you coming?! You're not going to bail on me, are you?" 

 

"Sunbae....I have a situation-" 

 

"Min Hee....please?" 

 

I sighed and needed to speak more when my mother interrupted me. 

 

"Ahn Min Hee...Where are you going and who is that calling?!" 

 

Chanyeol must have heard since the background was silent. I bit my lip and turned to look at my mother who had entered the room and had her warning look all over her face. 

 

"Sunbae-" 

 

"I'm coming to get you." 

 

And the call died on me. 

 

I cursed mentally and slid my phone into the back pocket of my jeans, turning to face my mother who waited patiently angrily for my explanation. I gulped and watched my mother, trying to explain to her everything. 

 

"Umma," I began and kindly enough, my mother let me explain to her, starting from the boy who started it all. 

 

Halfway through telling her the story and us ending up at the window seat cushion, the bell rang. I gasped and remembered the sudden guest that I will be having when I heard my father's voice shouting for my name from below. I looked at my mother who gave me an apologetic look and went off, with me following behind. I grabbed my duffel bag and sling it around me, wearing my coat and ran down the stairs where my mother greeted the tall guest. 

 

"Min Hee eommonim, abeonim," Chanyeol began, bowing to them and smiling at them though the obvious sweat drop on his forehead was visible the moment I walked up to the door. 

 

"Who is this?" My father turned to me when I was in sight, making me gulp heavy hearted. 

 

"This is my Sunbae," I explained, "Park Chanyeol," 

 

"I've heard a lot about you," My mother began and I shoot her a look which she gave me another back. 

 

"A-ahh.." Chanyeol turned to me and gave me his bravest smile during this hard tension in the air, "Eommonim, Abeonim... I'll be taking Min Hee out to attend the gig that I'm going to perform in-" 

 

"Aniyo!" My father stood his ground but my mother gave him a look and he gravely kept quiet. 

 

"Please," My mother said, "She hadn't had any friends since-"

 

"Umma!" I squeaked and bowed at them quickly, slipping my shoes on and grabbed Chanyeol's wrist and dragged him out of my home grounds. 

 

"Curfew is at midnight!" My mother shouted as I closed the gates and released Chanyeol's wrist. 

 

I heard him chuckled a few minutes later as we walked down the shortcut and head to the main road to flag a cab down. I turned to look at him and blushed, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. My cheeks were turning redder in the midnight blue evening sky. 

 

"Your mother is cute," Chanyeol said after we reach the main road and waited for an available cab to pass through. 

 

"Erm...I'm sorry, Sunbae," I said, looking at my feet, "For making you come all the way to get me-"

 

"I've never met a girl's parents though..." Chanyeol interrupted and it made me look up at him when I discovered the truth about him. 

 

How can he not when he is so popular among the girls in school?! 

 

"Erm..." 

 

"A cab is here!" Chanyeol flagged and opened the door, allowing me in. 

 

The cab ride was silence and Chanyeol was busy aanswering a call which I could hear from the other line that it was from where the gig will be at. Chanyeol barely said anything as he listened and replied with 'Hmm's or 'Yes'. We reached the venue and he paid the cabbie, telling him nicely to keep the change. I looked at him as he disappeared out of his door and went to open my side of the door, helping me out. 

 

My cheeks were redder than it was and I felt I could faint from this chivalry that he was showing. Maybe it was an act. I don't know but I was curious. Then again, I felt like I shouldn't. We aren't an item or anything. He was just doing so because of that stupid clumsy incident I had a week ago. I sighed and followed him as we ignored the long line of people whom I recognise from school, waiting to enter the venue. 

 

"Wait for me at the side of the buliding," Chnayeol said as he helped me out, allowing me to go and scrambled my way to the side of the buliding as all eyes laid on him and people called his name. 

 

I waited patiently, kicking a broken glass bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter