Past and Present

When There Was Us.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following Monday, I was at my mother's school that afternoon the moment classes were dimissed. My mind was in a dazed since yesterday when the sudden appearance of my first love came to me and send me home after spending a day at my crush's house. It was almost 3 weeks since the incident happened and things happened too fast. 

 

My mother dropped by her office and found me gazing at the potrait I was doing. 

 

"Daydreaming?" She asked, sitting beside me as she collected her paperwork and started marking the various art pieces from the class she had before.

 

The kids were still hanging outside, screaming and shouting as they waited for their guardians and parents to come and fetch them from school in the playground outside. I sighed and put the paintbrush down. My mother heard my sigh and looked at me, a little stunned. 

 

"What's wrong?" She asked, taking my hand, "I've never heard you sigh before," 

 

I bit my lip and tried to pick up the paintbrush again before I put it down and turned to her. 

 

"Have you ever felt so stuck?" I asked, my lips trembling, "Like you were stuck with the past and the present and you just feel so... so messed up though things haven't started yet but to come to think about it, I think it has," 

 

I remembered the look that  Chanyeol gave to me when he saw me in the passenger seat of Sehun's car. I shievered and looked at her who looked at me with a soft and caring look. 

 

"Oh dear," She whispered, looking at me, "I saw Sehun sending you home yesterday," 

 

"Oh no.." I mumbled and covered my face, slapping my cheeks, "Umma.." 

 

"I understand," She reassured me and pat my shoulder, making me look up at her, "I understand... I really do," 

 

"Help me?" I pleaded, my voice came out like a squeak. 

 

My mother looked at me and gave me a reassuring smile. I looked at her as she took my hand and said. 

 

"Min Hee ah," She began, "Some things, I rather not advice you because in life, we are mend to be broken and beaten to mould ourselves to be stronger, tougher and determined to pull through to be where we feel successful and accomplished. Though this love thing may not be new to you but it seems like its getting complicated and yes, I agree, you may want to seek help. However... I rather you faced it and come up with options to which I can help you come out with which is the the best decision. One more thing," 

 

I blinked and listened to her, "What is it?" 

 

"One more thing is that even if the decision is made with the help from me, I want you to learn to make your own decisions, stupid or not when it comes to love, just as long as I know you will learn from it," 

 

I sighed and looked at her, my eyes were teary and I hugged her. She smiled and coughed at the sudden strength I had to hug her, patting and rubbing my back. 

 

I know I would have her as a good mother even though she is not my blood related to me. I can still depend on her for advice and yes, I still do. She chuckled and wiped the sudden pool of tears that ran down my cheeks and wiped them off before she said she had ice cream in the mini fridge she have in the pantry. I nodded in agreement to her offer to eat our stress away with ice cream like mother and daughter, laughing over stupid things and talked about random stuff as well. 

 

* * * * * 

 

"I'll see you at home," My mother said, bidding farewell to me as she continued on marking the assignments that she had given to the students. 

 

I nodded and waved before coming out of her office and walked towards the doors of the school when.. 

 

"Noona!" 

 

I gasped and blinked, looking down and saw Chanseo. I grinned at her adorable smile and bend down to his eye level. 

 

"Chanseo had his first school today?" I asked him, pat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter