Hers.

When There Was Us.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up too early to head to school but I showered and changed anyways. Standing in front of my long mirror, I rearrange my skirt and my school bow, pushing my hair back and tying it into a ponytail before I straightened my fringe. 

 

I looked at myself and sighed, remembering what happened last night. A shiver travel down my spine at the memory, rubbing the sudden ache in my temples. I manage to lose the cast, wearing both shoes though I bandaged the injured ankle. I grab my crutches and slowly made my way out of the room and out of the door. 

 

I slowly made my way to the gates, the whole sky cast in a soft midnight blue. I was able to slowly head out when I heard a soft purr of an engine nearby. 

 

I turned and was taken aback by Sehun's sudden's appearance. He looked shabby, his eyes haunting and tired. I look at him who look at me. 

 

"Come with me," He whispered, opening the door to the passenger's seat. 

 

Not wanting to make a scene so early in the morning, I followed with a heavy heart. I sat in the leather seat, him taking my crutches and put it in the backseat. I kept quiet, shifting my bag to my lap and hugged it after I pull the seatbelt across myself. 

 

Sehun got in and started the car again, driving slow through the narrow roads before getting to the main road. I looked at the road ahead of me, not knowing what to say or do. Suddenly I remembered my phone and Chanyeol's promise to take me to school every morning, my hands twitching to text him. 

 

"I'll be taking you to school as well," he said suddenly as if he was reading my thoughts. 

 

My hands that was on the zipper was suddenly at ease. I bit my lip, thinking I shouldn't tell him. Sehun drove, not slowing as the roads were barely filled with cars in the early morning. I looked at the roads, wondering where we were going. 

 

When the car speed over the Han River, I look out and saw the sight of the sun rising slowly. I took in the view, keeping quiet the whole time as Sehun drove us to a small cafe in Gangnam. 

 

He helped me out, not giving me my crutches. I followed, limping slowly as he supported me on the other side, his hand on my hips. 

 

"Slowly.." he whispered, his breath stirring in my hair. 

 

I bit my lip as we manage to get the window seats with the comfy chairs. I sat down just as Sehun sat opposite me. He scanned through the menu, there was an awkward yet intense tension in the air. I knew why and I didn't have to be reminded since he was still wearing the same clothes as last night. 

 

"I'll get the pancakes and tea," I said to him, looking up at him. 

 

He nodded stiffly, asking for the waitress to take the orders. He spoke quick and sharp, ignoring the obvious look of smitten and flirt from the actress. She barely gave me a look, glancing at me once but was obviously not impressed. 

 

I don't have to, anyways. 

 

As the menus were taken away and our food was cooking, Sehun began to break down his reasons for his sudden appearance. 

 

"About last night," He began, watching my response, "I really don't know what is going on.." 

 

"I don't know what is it that you want from me still, Sehunnie" I bit back, looking at him, "You return from America and you come to me and asking if we could start over," 

 

"Perhaps I was not clear.." 

 

"Explain then.." I gave him a hard look, the sudden throb in my temples growing again. 

 

"Look, I have been...very loose in America..however," He his lips, "I realised then that I just miss you and needed you because it was the only thing that is real," 

 

I bit my lip and let him continue. 

 

"I can't find anything true there and I want to come back home," 

 

"Sehunnie, your parents-" 

 

"I know its for their business," he spoke, "how can I do it all when I have everything here and not there?" 

 

"You need to try," I whispered, "Haven't I told you in those emails I sent you?" 

 

He gulped and looked down just as our food came. I took a sip of the hot tea, scalding my tongue slightly but it woke some sense in me. I took a bite of my pancake. 

 

"You have all that you needed and want," I told Sehun, "But you aren't making it so...nor are you appreciating it," 

 

"You don't have the time to reply my emails," I whispered, "How am I to say that its clear you don't have time for me?" 

 

"Min Hee ah," Sehun put his fork and spoon down, "I do care for you," 

 

"You should have at least told me you were busy than to make me wait like a dumb fool!" I hissed, staring at him hard, "You are too busy... you promised to email even though you didn't have time.." 

 

Sehun looked down, taking a sip of his coffee. I sighed and kept quiet, the conversation ended there. I finished my pancakes and my tea, him watching me. 

 

"Min Hee.." 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter