Day Out.

When There Was Us.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After my family left, I quickly changed into jeans and draped my coat by my desk chair. 

 

I opened my window and look out, taking in the summer breeze. I look at the garden that I had slowly mend when I could. At least the flowers were growing but..

 

 Some of the bushes were destroyed by him yesterday! 

 

I sigh, heading down and grab my gardening basket that I left at the usual spot by the backdoor. I slid on the gloves and work my way through making the bushes beautiful and alive again. 

 

Snip! 

 

That one is for him and him destroying my bushes. 

 

Snip! Snip! 

 

Wasted... This bush took me a couple of months to grow. 

 

Snip! Snip! Snip! 

 

"This is for him and that stupid-" I nearly raised my voice when I heard a branch broke behind me, making me jumped and turned. 

 

"Ahh!" I screamed, crouching into a ball when I saw a figure hovering over me. 

 

"Geez! !" The figure spoke, his voice familiar. 

 

I blink and breathed, calming myself down before I looked up at the figure and block the hot sun from blinding my view. I squinted as my eyes adjusted under the canopy of my palm as the figure features took shape and smile at me. 

 

"Give me a warning next time, Sunbae!" I sighed and rubbed my chest where my heart was calming down fron the scare. 

 

Chanyeol chuckled, scratching his head and reach a hand out to me. 

 

"Come on..." He grinned, making my heart skipped a beat. 

 

I took his outstretched hand and got up slowly. I brush the dirt off my jeans and shirt, sighing. Chanyeol gave me some space to clear off, waiting as I packed my stuff and threw the snipped branches into the dustbin.

 

"Sunbae, wait here...I'll grab my things." I said before dashing into the house and back into my room. 

 

Grabbing my coat and my small haversack where I dumped my notebook and necessities in, including my water bottle. I head down, leaving a note by the fridge that I will be out, in case my brother comes home for lunch. 

 

I locked the door and meet Chanyeol out at the front garden where he touched the morning glory gently near the small trellis we had. I blushed and froze, watching him as he touched the flower delicately with his fingers, his eyes soften with admiration and curiousity. 

 

I slipped my haversack on and called out. 

 

"Thats a morning glory," I said as I walked over the rocks towards him. 

 

"Are you ready?" His question distracted me as I expected him to ask more on the plant than whether I was ready to go. 

 

I nodded and caught his measured and strained look before he walked forth and out the front gate. I followed him as we took the shortcut and head to the bus stop. 

 

The sudden silence got me pondering as to why he was so tense over something of Mother's Nature. I fidgeted as I sat on the seats, waiting for the bus with him just as he stood up beside me, hands in his pockets. 

 

I felt a slight tap and looked up just as a green bus pulled up and followed quietly behind him. He tapped his card followed by me and another passenger. He waited for me to sit inside before he did, giving me a small smile.

 

I guess he felt sorry for how sudden he was that cold. I dont blame him. I sat in and hugged my haversack to my front. He sat down, taking out his phone and started playing with it. 

 

I tried not to take a peek, recalling the pic of Seok Hee and him together in the band room got me to look out of the window. Lost in the trance of my own thoughts, I didn't hear him calling out to me until he touched my plaster and my face turned a darker shade of red. 

 

I turned and looked at him who turned to look at me, the space was intimidating. I could see how brown his eyes were, like hot chocolate on a winter day. 

 

"N-neh?" I fought my urge to do something stupid to ask him to repeat. 

 

"My friend, D.O., he will be meeting us to pick the phone as well as lunch." He said, "If you don't mind... I trust him in most of my decisions so..I thinm you should trust his judgement for phones," 

 

I nodded, gulping as I saw his finger angled itself to press the red button at the railings before a loud buzzer sounded and the bus slowed down. 

 

We got off somewhere around Seoul. I looked up and saw a sign that indicated that we were at Itaewon. Chanyeol turned away as he spoke quietly on the phone with someone. I took in the sights and was glad to take a day out from being stuck at home alm day yesterday. Even school was dreading. 

 

I saw a couple of vintage shops and cafes that got my hands to itch to draw it out. I was specially aching to draw out how Chanyeol is right now, his face so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter