six

there's a 'no' in 'noona' for a reason
Please log in to read the full chapter

"we're going on a vacation, going on a vacation~" taehyung sings nonsensically as he skips around the airport. aimee sighs, trying to look for a way out so that she doesn't have to deal with the secondhand embarrassment.

jungkook can sort of understand taehyung's enthusiasm, though. ever since mom and dad died, they haven't really gone on any family vacations, or been out of the country at all. his memories of their last vacation to japan three or four years ago are quickly fading, and that's why he's glad that aimee and seokjin decided to surprise them with this week-and-a-half-long trip to singapore.

"going on a vacation, going on a vacation~" jungkook swears he just saw a group of tourists stop and stare at them, and he buries his face into his hands. even after all these years (after all, it's a family of eight: seven boys and their sad, lonely noona), he isn't really used to people looking at them. sometimes they blatantly gape, and sometimes their gaze lingers just a little too long, but it still makes him uncomfortable. although, to be fair, it is kind of weird. all of jungkook's friends have one or two siblings, while jungkook's siblings all but outnumber his friends.

"taehyung," aimee interrupts, and jungkook realizes that they've finally moved up to the front of the queue. "it's almost time to check in our bags."

"how many of you are there?" the clerk asks pleasantly.

"eight."

to her credit, the clerk's smile doesn't flicker. "ah, okay, then. over there, please." she points to one of the counters, and aimee makes the rest of them lug all of the bags there. maybe she's elderly, but that means that she gets to make all of the youngsters carry things. such as their incredibly heavy suitcases.

"why," yoongi grunts as he sets down a suitcase that's half his size. aimee ignores him and begins the tedious process of checking in all eight bags and forcing the nearest person to pick it up and put it on the scale (by the third bag, there's a sizeable distance between her and the others, with all of them scrambling to get behind one another so that aimee won't choose them).

"jungkook, could you please help me?" she calls, and he groans, cursing yoongi for pushing him out of the way just a split-second ago.

"this one." aimee points to the largest, heaviest bag of the bunch: hers. jungkook groans again. no matter what, aimee's bag is always the heaviest. not because she packs much (she's actually a pretty light packer, preferring to take essentials and buy more clothes and accessories on the trip), but because namjoon always asks her to carry some of his stuff for him (as the fashion-forward one, he is the exact opposite of aimee). therefore, her bag always winds up weighing dangerously close to the limit.

jungkook cracks his knuckles, like in an action movie. straining, he barely manages to lift it up and onto the scale

Please log in to read the full chapter