twenty one

there's a 'no' in 'noona' for a reason
Please log in to read the full chapter

a/n: kind of a special chapter because we passed 20! different character's perspective just for this!

out of everyone in the family, jimin would like to say that he is the resident makeup expert (well, there's aimee, but jimin's too proud to admit that). unlike many other boys, he wears eyeliner and bb cream daily, to the jeer of his former classmates and the delight of the girls around town. it helps him feel confident and powerful unlike anything else. and really, he just has aimee to thank for his knowledge and skills.

13-year-old jimin is still trying to find himself, like any teenager. the way he's discovering who park jimin really is is through makeup. he wants the flawless iness of idols, to be perfect and confident and not-at-all an awkward eighth grader with pimples and baby fat. since he's still quite newly adopted, he's too embarrassed and shy to ask his parents for some, and has resorted to sneaking through his older sister's stash instead, stealing old eyeliner tubes while she's gone.

jimin groans, blinking. he's smeared eyeliner all over his eyelid, yet still, none of it shows. curse monolids, he thinks. he wishes he had doublelids, because his eyes are too tiny as it is and putting eyeliner on is hard enough already. quickly, he pulls out a makeup wipe and tries to get rid of it so he can try again, although he might just give up because he's spent an hour in aimee's bathroom only to get the same results as always, and she'll be home any minute.

as he's wiping the makeup off, he hears aimee's voice say, "...jimin?"

his heart pounds and he tosses the materials somewhere onto the counter, his cheeks burning in shame. "aimee!" he cries, looking away guiltily. "you're home already?"

as usual, aimee gets straight to the point. "is that my eyeliner?" she squints. 

"it's nothing," jimin replies too quickly. "i was just--"

"jimin," aimee's tone turns stern. "what are you doing?"

"i-i was trying on your eyeliner," he admits. "i don't know, it just makes me feel confident, but i didn't want anyone to know... i'm sorry for stealing your stuff, noona." shameful tears burn up in his eyes.

"hm, do you want to see if i can help?" aimee asks. she picks up the tube. "this is a pretty old one, i don't know why i still have it." it goes into the trash can. "i got a new one today while i was out at the mall, let's see how it works."

jimin's eyes widen. he was expecting laughter and scorn, not this. aimee saunters out of the room and returns with her new eyeliner, the packaging still on it. that, too, gets tosses into the trash.

"i'll get that makeup off for you, okay?" she pulls out a wipe and starts carefully swabbing his eyelid. "you don't need to be

Please log in to read the full chapter