twenty

there's a 'no' in 'noona' for a reason
Please log in to read the full chapter

if you were to force jungkook to pick his favorite sibling, gun pointed to his head, he'd probably say aimee (although he really can't choose). why? because, while she's had her slip-ups, she's the main breadwinner of the family and sacrifices a lot for them. with her long hours, seokjin and yoongi don't have to take much overtime, and if she'd decided to move out and stop supporting them like she does, jungkook imagines his life would be a lot more hellish. so, for her 25th birthday, he and his brothers decide to make it as special as possible.

as it turns out, it's really hard to organize a surprise party when the person you're holding it for lives in the same house as you. two months earlier, seokjin had made a reservation at a rather upscale restaurant -- not anything outrageous, but definitely not the place for your average, drunken friday night dinner. a month later, the restaurant had called back to make sure the reservation was still in order, and because seokjin had left his phone sitting innocently on the coffee table, aimee had almost picked it up. it took taehyung's superior parkour skills to dive and snatch it before she did.

the day of, jungkook and his brothers wake up earlier than usual, a few hours before aimee normally does. they pack the presents into seokjin's car, making sure to be as silent as possible because aimee sleeps like a cat: she basically doesn't. just walking by her door will wake her up. the point of the early packing is so that when they're actually going to head to the restaurant, they won't have to sneak anything out then. and it's a lot harder to smuggle a pile of gift boxes and bags with aimee wandering around.

"i'm so excited!" taehyung squeals, clapping his hands together as seokjin closes the trunk.

yoongi rolls his eyes. "you're just excited because you get cake."

"i know! it's ice cream cake!"

"no, no, no, no--" jimin violently shakes his head to no avail. already, hoseok has broken into his choreographed song and dance routine of red velvet's "ice cream cake", shaking his hips and waving his arms. jimin groans.

"you know what happens when you say that phrase!" he throws his hands up into the air, exasperated.

"i don't know, it's kind of hilarious," jungkook chimes in, enthusiastically throwing himself into the dance.

"it's like a disease," namjoon says. "you know, like what conservatives say being gay is. very contagious."

"if it were, i would've infected all of you by now," yoongi snorts.

"i don't know, noona's brought home both boys and girls before," seokjin points out. "so maybe you did infect her."

yoongi laughs. "true," he concedes. then, he looks over at hoseok and jungkook, who are still dancing. "...you guys done yet?"

"wait!" hoseok roars. he and jungkook strike their final pose. "now we are."

Please log in to read the full chapter