four

there's a 'no' in 'noona' for a reason
Please log in to read the full chapter

15-year-old jungkook is a . since he's a teenager, the only religion he believes in is the one with hot girls and hip-hop music. once during a particularly catastrophic argument, yoongi blew up at him and said, "the world doesn't revolve around you," but jungkook says that words can't hurt unless you let them, so he just brushes it off and the world continues to revolve around him. what makes his attitude worse is that he just started high school and is off to a good start: noonas flock to him and he has a natural charisma that has everyone wrapped around his little finger.

it's a shame he doesn't use that charisma for good.

since he's a teenager, he's in the middle of his rebellious phase. his antics range from planting a fake cockroach in hoseok's sandwich to staying out until three in the morning and ignoring all of his siblings' calls. it's caused his family grief, everything from namjoon shouting at him and telling him to stop being a to aimee nearly collapsing in tears when he comes home higher than the empire state building at six a.m.

well, what's left of his family, anyway.

his parents are gone. that's the hard truth. a drunk driver, a car crash, and then a funeral. sometimes jungkook sits down and thinks (for once in your life, seokjin spits) and wonders if this is the reason why he's such an . his ties with his siblings are all but ripped now, especially with his sister.

she didn't come home for the funeral.

in fact, she didn't come home for a bit over a year, giving the excuse that she wanted to complete her schooling first. his hyungs were able to accept it, but jungkook still isn't, arguing that she could've asked for a break or something. now, he barely talks to her and gravitates towards taehyung and jimin instead, the only ones who seem able to tolerate him anymore. namjoon and yoongi are angry at him, hoseok and seokjin are disappointed in him, and aimee is just tired of him. the '95-line just drops it and stays quiet when he's being scolded by his older brothers or sister.

that's why, even though it's a thursday, he stays out drinking instead of going home and finishing his homework.

"ah, ," jungkook giggles, wobbling unsteadily as he trips down the sidewalk. junhong laughs at him.

"how are you feeling?"

"drunk as ," he slurs. "where are we going?"

"minki is throwing a party," sungjae speaks up. maybe minki's a senior, but if jungkook and his friends aren't part of the popular group.

"is—" jungkook hiccups. "—hayoung going?"

"naturally," sungjae snorts, speaking of the cute older girl who jungkook had had his eye on since the beginning of the year. it was a shame that she wasn't in his grade.

"hey, kookie," junhong says, passing him a can. "you want?"

"naturally," jungkook mimics sungjae, taking the can and taking a huge swig. the beer tastes foul, but it's good for getting drunk and that's all he wants to do. when he's drunk, he doesn't care about his family as much.

"hurry up," sungjae whines, grabbing jungkook's wrist and pulling him along. "you're such a lightweight, i swear."

jungkook giggles some more. the more he drinks, the dizzier he feels. "i think i'm going to throw up," he says, then promptly pukes all over him and sungjae's shoes. and again, and again.

the only things he remembers after that are aimee's sad face as she drives him home from the party and her shaking her head as namjoon stands up to yell at him for being an idiot yet again.

the sun is way too ing bright, jungkook thinks as he rolls over and groans. somebody should really turn it down. the taste of alcohol and vomit are still on his breath, and he swings his legs to get out of bed and get rid of it when the door opens and aimee comes in carrying a tray of food. his stomach grumbles but he refuses to reach for it once she sets it down on the table beside him, since his sister made it.

"how are you feeling?" she asks worriedly. "i brought you some food."

"i'm not hungry," he replies petulantly, turning away so that he won't have to see her face.

"i'll leave it here, so if you are, you can eat," she replies.

"what time is it?"

"nine in the morning."

"what?!" jungkook panics. not only is it nine a.m., it's friday, and he has a test. "why didn't you wake me up earlier, then?!" he glares at her as fiercely as he can.

"because you can't go to school with a hangover," aimee reasons. "i called the school and told them you were sick."

he hates how she's right. "fine. but then why are you here?" he says it accusatorily, as if aimee's very presence is offendi

Please log in to read the full chapter