twenty three

there's a 'no' in 'noona' for a reason
Please log in to read the full chapter

thanks to his sister, seokjin, and yoongi, hoseok is free to spend his days focusing on his grades and his friends instead of worrying about when he'll eat his next meal or when his paycheck will come in. however, he does manage to make money on the side by participating in local dance competitions, which his siblings let him spend on himself.

his daily routine includes spending hours after classes holed up in the dance studio, eventually getting picked up from one of his elder siblings on their way home from work. even though his last class usually ends around three, hoseok stays there for sometimes until eight or nine, losing track of the time as he throws himself into the moves. often, jimin will join him, and the hours pass as they dance together.

one fine, however very boring, sunday morning, hoseok decides to invite all of his siblings to accompany him to the studio. reluctantly, they agree (he has to get on his knees and beg aimee to join them), but soon enough, they've lugged all of their sweatpant-slash-basketball-short-clad-asses to the comfort of what hoseok now considers his second home (technically, his third if he thinks about his biological home, but he doesn't consider his real parents to be actual parents at all).

"i still don't get why you want us to be here," aimee complains, immediately plopping down on the floor. yoongi joins her, resting his head in her lap and batting at the ends of her hair.

hoseok pouts. "family bonding time, noona," he bats her knee lightly. behind him, the chorus to snsd's "party" breaks out, with the rest of the siblings breaking into their own strange interpretations of the moves. "see? look, they're having fun!"

"all right, all right," aimee sighs. she gently pushes yoongi off of her and stands up. "so, what do you want to do?"

hoseok grins. "i wanna teach you all how to dance to some songs!"

"what kind of songs?" she interrogates him.

"what do you think, noona?" namjoon snorts from across the room. "k-pop dances, that's what."

"to be fair, i don't think any of us have the capability to learn anything outside of k-pop choreography," jimin points out. "i mean, we've all seen hoseok really dance. and namjoon can't even twerk."

"neither can you!" namjoon cries, clearly offended.

aimee rolls her eyes. "neither of you can twerk, so shut up."

namjoon turns a subtle shade of pink when she adds her comment, probably because he still hasn't lived his "dangling" incident down. hoseok snickers to himself, making a mental note to embarrass him about that later.

"come onnnnnn," hoseok whines. "you're wasting time! we should do sistar's 'shake it'!"

his sister shakes her head. "you should do it. i'm not."

"you're no fun!" hoseok complains. "please, noona~" he puts on his best aegyo, even though by now, she's nearly immune to it.

"you got no jams," namjoon pipes up.

aimee groans and shakes her head. "no. to both of you."

hoseok pouts. "fine, but y

Please log in to read the full chapter