twenty six

there's a 'no' in 'noona' for a reason
Please log in to read the full chapter

one of namjoon's favorite hobbies, other than making music, is shopping. he uses money that he's won in some rap competitions or by doing small gigs to go buy things for himself or for his family, spending the whole day at the mall by himself or with his friends. he rarely goes with his siblings because a.) they're always busy, and b.) they're always really embarrassing. because who wants to go to the mall with an alien, two es (okay, well, they're all es), a 23-year-old mario lover, and two more annoying complainers? (jungkook's okay in namjoon's book.) 

however, seokjin was taking jungkook to the mall to help him shop for a school dance or whatever, and then taehyung wanted to go, and then jimin, and then aimee, then hoseok, then yoongi, and now namjoon's coming along too, because he doesn't want to be left alone. maybe his siblings are mortifying, but aimee + seokjin + yoongi = lots and lots of money, and there's no way that namjoon's going to pass that up.

 

well, okay. now that they're almost two hours into their shopping trip, namjoon's starting to regret it. luckily, jungkook's actually managed to obtain his clothes, but they're also carrying bags from nike, zara, and etude house, among others.

"my feet hurt," yoongi whines. "i wanna rest."

aimee rolls her eyes. "deal with it, kid. also, hold out your arm."

"why?" yoongi asks, before three shopping bags are draped over it.

"you got played!" taehyung cackles.

"...okay, i feel like i should've seen that coming," he admits, staring down at the bags now dangling from his arms. "but noona, why?"

"uh, why not?" aimee shrugs and rolls her eyes. "come on, i want to stop by a lot of places." various groans of "noona, why?!" rise from the crowd in protest.

"jeez, fine then," she relents. "just wait here while i stop by victoria's secret."

suddenly, everyone straightens up. namjoon feels his heart sink. there's a new tradition that's recently been added to the tran/kim/min/jung/park/jeon family repertoire -- daring someone to accompany aimee into lingerie stores whenever possible. so far, only hoseok and seokjin have been victim to the dare, but everyone agrees that seokjin doesn't count because he does the laundry and has seen everything anyway.

"i dare namjoon to go!" taehyung yells, ing a finger at namjoon's chest.

"um, okay," he replies hesitantly, not-at-all eager to go but also not-at-all willing to let his dignity slide. the dare is immature and elementary, yes, but namjoon also doesn't want to have all of his fantasies and habitual watching of the victoria's secret fashion show ruined by the thought of his sister.

aimee just shrugs, having no care for her brothers' well-beings. "whatever. come on, namjoon."

reluctantly, he follows her into the store. it's the first time he's ever been in a lingerie store, honestly -- he doesn't especially feel the need to accompany aimee into any of them. but at the same time, namjoon doesn't know why he feels so mortified. a

Please log in to read the full chapter