thirty five (feat. ugly crier seokjin-umma)

there's a 'no' in 'noona' for a reason
Please log in to read the full chapter

as a senior in high school, jungkook is quite jaded (although he's the maknae of the family). he's gone through hundreds of lab reports, nights sleepless, and lengthy finals. by now, he knows all the halls of the academy he attends by heart, even down to a hidden staircase threading through the janitor's closet up to the attic. and while all of those essays don't exactly dredge up fond memories, he can't say that he won't miss the place. it's been his second home for the past four years of his life, and jungkook has to admit that he's already missing it.

"you're so grown up now," seokjin dabs his eyes as jungkook proudly displays the results of the senior portrait photoshoot he'd gotten done. "my little jungkookie."

"don't be gross," namjoon wrinkles his nose. "jungkook isn't that old, especially compared to aimee-noona."

a pillow whacks him in the face. "hey, i heard that," she warns, holding up another projectile.

"good," namjoon retorts. the second pillow flies out of nowhere and hits him.

"you look like a nerd," taehyung chortles, holding up jungkook's last-ever yearbook picture and gesturing to the suit.

"he always does," yoongi chimes in, laughing. jungkook channels his inner aimee-noona and glares at them.

"i can't believe your graduation is coming up," aimee sighs, getting off of the couch and padding towards jungkook. she grabs him and squishes his cheeks together. "it feels like just yesterday we met you at the adoption center." she smiles, but it's tinged with sadness and nostalgia. "you looked so scared and tiny then. now look at you -- my baby brother, an adult and graduating from high school. time passes too fast." seokjin sniffles and hurriedly wipes tears away from the corners of his eyes.

"noona," jungkook tries to say through his squished lips. "don't be sad. i'm still the maknae."

"but you're not my baby brother anymore," aimee sighs wistfully. "you're an adult now. i miss when we were younger sometimes." jimin awkwardly passes seokjin a box of tissues.

"yah, you're being weird," hoseok complains, watching the k-drama-worthy scene. "when noona went to university, mom and dad never did this."

"shut up." seokjin throws a used tissue at his brother. "it's because he's the youngest."

"so? noona's the oldest and you don't see me crying because she's getting all wrinkly," hoseok rolls his eyes.

"but noona's so....ew," seokjin reasons. aimee stomps on his foot.

as jungkook carefully climbs the steps to the stage, all he can focus on are his siblings. they're sitting proudly in

Please log in to read the full chapter