five

there's a 'no' in 'noona' for a reason
Please log in to read the full chapter

it's a day that only happens once in a very great while, and an event that jungkook's really not ever been to. not with his siblings, at least. just his parents. but somehow, he has a day off school due to some parent-teacher conferences and the college kids managed to persuade seokjin to persuade aimee to take them out of school, and there they are.....bring your child to work day. even yoongi is going, but only because seokjin said he'd treat them to barbecue afterwards. personally, jungkook likes yoongi's job better. it pays less than aimee and seokjin's, but it's cooler. as a renowned songwriter and producer, his name has been attached to quite a few of this and last year's biggest hits, skyrocketing him up into fame. he gets to meet with some of the entertainment industry's biggest stars: snsd, exid, exo, even mfbty (after which namjoon refused to speak to him for a week). still, jungkook has never been to one of korea's biggest and richest companies, and he'd be lying if he said that he weren't intrigued.

"wakey wakey!" seokjin shouts, banging a wooden spoon against what looks like a frying pan. he pulls the covers right off of jungkook's bed, making him groan and roll over.

"couldn't you have woken up the others first?"

"i did," seokjin replies. "well, except for yoongi. but i don't like waking him up, so i'm making you do it instead." he pushes the spoon and the pan into jungkook's face.

"hyung," jungkook whines. "there are five other people in this house."

"yeah, but you're the maknae. he's the least likely to punch you in the face. my face is too important to get punched, you know."

"....yes, i know. but what about noona?"

"she almost punched me in the face when i suggested it to her." seokjin starts for the door. "good luck, kookie!"

letting out another groan, jungkook swings his legs out of bed, taking the spoon and pan with him. since seokjin left, he could probably just go back to sleep, but while yoongi might not punch him, the eldest of his siblings aren't exactly adverse to the idea. so he drags the cooking utensils with him to yoongi's room.

"up, hyung!" he bangs the wooden spoon on the pan as hard as he can. he holds them close to yoongi's ear, himself standing at arm's length in case one of yoongi's limbs decides to go rogue. "up, up, up, up!"

"what—" yoongi blinks at him through half-closed eyes. "is it saturday? why are you waking me up so early?"

"bring your child to work day, remember?" jungkook reminds him. "seokjin-hyung and aimee-noona will kill us all if we're late."

"oh. oh, ." yoongi is out of bed in a flash. "thanks, kid." he ruffles jungkook's hair almost patronizingly and shuffles off towards the bathroom. jungkook sighs, forgetting how it is to have siblings to share with, and decides to go see if aimee's is free.

"rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" seokjin grins victoriously. "you lose. you're stuck with the maknae line."

aimee groans, while taehyung glares at the two, hands on his hips sassily. "it's like you don't want to

Please log in to read the full chapter