twenty nine

there's a 'no' in 'noona' for a reason
Please log in to read the full chapter

out of all of the months, the one that jungkook hates the most is march.

why?

because of seokjin's dreaded spring cleaning weekend. it's pretty much any random weekend of the month, during which seokjin finds it acceptable to bang pots together to wake them up at seven in the morning, and the only weekend that he takes the reins and controls the household. not only is the entire house vacuumed and wiped down, all of their rooms are cleaned out, all of the books organized alphabetically, and all of their old things separated. it's the only time seokjin ever gets to order their noona around, although she's never very happy about it.

said spring cleaning weekened happens to be this weekend, and thus, at seven a.m. sharp, seokjin bursts into taehyung, jimin, and jungkook's shared bedroom, playing aimee's old violin as screechily as possible.

"get up!" he roars over the din of the ear-piercing string. "it's time to start cleaning!" he continues to play the violin, as out of tune as he can, as jimin, taehyung, and jungkook shuffle to the bathroom.

"okay, what the--" aimee bursts out of her room, glaring at him. then, she realizes exactly what time it is. "oh, no."

seokjin smiles smugly, playing her violin right in her ears. "that's right. it's spring cleaning."

aimee groans and shambles back inside.

"if you're not eating breakfast in fifteen minutes, i'll hit you in the head with this!" seokjin hollers after her. she doesn't respond, and happily, he makes his way downstairs, presumably to make hoseok and namjoon's ears bleed.

 

jungkook's still questioning where he is when he heads down to the kitchen for breakfast, rubbing the sleep out of his puffy eyes. seokjin, who's at the stove, looks like he's had a few too many coffees already, whistling peacefully.

"why do you do this to us," namjoon moans as he enters, hitting his head against the wall.

"why not?" seokjin counters smugly.

"well, can't argue with that," namjoon shrugs and sits beside jungkook at the table. one by one, everyone else follows behind, with a glaring aimee at the end.

"it's been 16 minutes," seokjin informs her as she drags herself in.

"shut the up," aimee snaps, before sitting down and resting her head on the table. unperturbed, seokjin dishes out his finely-prepared kimbap and impatiently waits for everyone to finish eating. every few minutes, in between his own bites, he scowls at them and taps his foot. still half-asleep, everyone else deliberately ignores him.

it's another good 20 minutes before everyone is done eating. aimee, the fastest eater

Please log in to read the full chapter