ten

there's a 'no' in 'noona' for a reason
Please log in to read the full chapter

christmas for the tran/kim/min/jung/park/jeon family has always been a special day. especially for 11-year-old jungkook, who still believes in the magic of santa claus, it's his favorite day of the year. from putting little homemade christmas cards in each of his siblings' stockings to opening the sheer pile of gifts you'd expect from having such a large family, there's nothing in the world that beats christmas.

and this year, it's going to be even more special. the family's latest (and last) additions, jimin and yoongi, came home a couple weeks ago, and even though yoongi's still sullen and jimin protects him with everything he's got, jungkook loves them both anyway.

naturally, jungkook's large family has a large amount of traditions to match, and one of his favorites is listening to his father read christmas stories the night before the big day, drinking his mother's famous hot chocolate. even though aimee's 17 and going off to college soon enough, she still partakes in the tradition, letting jungkook lean against her shoulder and fall asleep to the sound of his father's voice.

not only that, jimin and yoongi have been coaxed into joining in, with yoongi sleepily relaxing against an ever-stoic jimin's shoulder. for once, they look even somewhat happy. and that makes jungkook happy.

"alright," their father declares, shutting the book. everyone jolts awake and groans. "go to bed now, santa won't come if you don't."

one by one, everyone files out of the room, save for jungkook. it's another one of their christmas traditions, everyone taking turns to put something in the others's stockings. the order always goes from youngest to oldest, starting with jungkook and ending with their parents, the partners-in-crime.

every year, the same things (or variations of) always end up in the stockings, and jungkook has long since learned to identify who puts which in. he himself draws pictures for each of his siblings and that's what he gives them. aimee—at least, since seokjin started middle school—usually gives them deodorant or listerine (although she still gives jungkook her norm of money), seokjin gifts candy, hoseok writes each person a special letter about how much he loves them, namjoon buys cds, taehyung gives small figurines or stuffed animals. and their parents pick something small and special from their christmas lists (or, in the elders' cases, amazon wishlists). (later, they'll learn that yoongi's customary gift is money and jimin's is accessories, like sunglasses and jewelry).

a few minutes later, having successfully finished his stocking stuffing (and adding two new drawings to the two new stockings hanging up), jungkook skips off to bed, too excited about tomorrow to be tired. as he enters the room he shares with taehyung—and now jimin—taehyung slips out through the door, whistling as he passes jungkook with a opaque bag tucked behind his back.

"goodnight, kookie," he says, ruffling t

Please log in to read the full chapter