nineteen

there's a 'no' in 'noona' for a reason
Please log in to read the full chapter

since jungkook's family is a korean-vietnamese mix, the lunar new year is always fun for them. their parents would take them back to their adoptive hometown, and just for aimee, they would try their hand at cooking vietnamese food and mixing in some vietnamese traditions. personally, jungkook feels like their strange mixer of a lunar new year is even better than a traditional one.

 

humming, aimee and seokjin carefully hang lì xì (red envelopes) from hoa mai branches, while jimin, hoseok, taehyung, and namjoon scream over a game of yutnori. yoongi and jungkook are acting as the judges, while absentmindedly stuffing pieces of seokjin's homemade mứt dừa (candied coconut) into their mouths.

"mai," jimin calls, using aimee's vietnamese name to . she whips around and glares at him.

"what?!"

"later, we should play bầu cua cá cọp," he suggests, grinning deviously.

"no, we shouldn't!" taehyung protests. "i lost almost 50 dollars last time!"

"because you !" jimin sticks his tongue out.

"how?!" taehyung replies. "it's entirely based on luck!"

"so, you're just unlucky," seokjin says. "i'm pretty sure i actually still have money from the last time we played that." he picks up a red paper lantern and walks away to hang it somewhere.

aimee sits down next to jungkook and swipes some coconut out of the bowl. "who's winning?"

"namjoon and taehyung," yoongi replies. "which , because i bet on hoseok and jimin."

"but i bet on namjoon and taetae," jungkook smirks. "so you better have your 10 bucks ready."

their sister rolls her eyes. "you're going to lose all of your money, and bầu cua cá cọp hasn't even started yet."

"yoongi's going to lose all of his money," jungkook counters proudly. "not me."

yoongi grumbles something under his breath. out loud, he says, "i'm gonna go get some yakgwa," and leaves.

"i think he needs time for his ego to recover," namjoon speaks up, although he never takes his eyes away from the game.

hoseok snorts. "that'll take a while."

various shouts of "oooooh" and "sick burn!" arise, causing aimee to roll her eyes yet again and stand up.

"mai-noona, where are you going?" jungkook asks, acting as innocent as possible.

aimee kicks his leg. "i'm going to help seokjin with the rest of the decorations," she responds through gritted teeth, and walks away. soon, yoongi returns with his yakgwa and rejoins jungkook. once again, the room fills with yells and screams of "ha!  it!" and " you!  this!"

"neh, aimee-noona, jin-hyung," hoseok speaks up suddenly. "are we visiting our relatives this year?"

seokjin frowns. "we'll see," he says. "travel is getting kind of expensive, you know."

"it's okay," aimee reassures him. "if we can't go, we can still celebrate here, right?"

"oh, it's fine either way, noona," hoseok shrugs. "just want

Please log in to read the full chapter