twelve

there's a 'no' in 'noona' for a reason
Please log in to read the full chapter

ding-dong~

"i'll get it!" jungkook shouts, leaping off the couch and heading for the door. he doesn't think that there were any plans for today, but whatever. he'll find out soon enough.

"hi, jungkook," his neighbor, dokyun, stutters as jungkook opens the door, holding up a plate of brownies. "i, uh, made extra. do you want some?"

jungkook grins. dokyun is aimee's number one suitor (well, her only suitor). even though he's a 24-year-old adult, he acts like a lovestruck teenager whenever she's around, making up stupid excuses just to see her. at this point, jungkook figures that aimee must be dumber than he thought if she doesn't notice how obvious dokyun is.

"sure," he replies. he glances up at the clock. it's about six p.m., and aimee said that she'd be home soon. if jungkook tries hard enough, he can stall dokyun until aimee gets home, and maybe he can get dokyun to finally confess to her and stop loitering around their house (also, getting him to confess will win in major bragging points and maybe he'll finally get his siblings to see the power of the maknae).

"you know," jungkook beings with an odd smile on his lips. "whenever you have extra food, you seem to bring it over to us. why not anyone else?"

dokyun visibly reddens. "i...j-just— well, i don't really..."

"you like aimee-noona, don't you?" jungkook interrupts, too eager to wait. "that's why you always come over!"

however, much to dokyun's relief, there comes the sound of aimee's car pulling up into the driveway. the headlights are visible from where the two are standing, and jungkook knows that he doesn't have much time until she'll approach.

"i probably should go," dokyun blurts out quickly, shoving the brownies into jungkook's hands.

"wait, hyung," jungkook smirks. "just a little longer. so, do you like noona?"

"no," dokyun denies, although he's blushing furiously. "i don't."

"yes you do," jungkook argues. he can see the outline of aimee's figure in the dark. "you like aimee-noona~"

"who likes me?" she asks, startling dokyun and making him flinch. "oh, hi, dokyun."

"hi," he flushes and looks away from her.

"so, what's going on?" aimee looks at jungkook in confusion.

"nothing," he singsongs. "it's just that dokyun-hyung has—"

"don't tell her!" dokyun bursts out, jumping to cover jungkook's mouth with his hand. "i'll say it! fine, uh, aimee..."

she raises her eyebrows. "what."

"i, um, really like you, and do you wanna...go on a date sometime?"

"oh, sure," aimee replies, the corners of lifting up slightly. "why not?"

dokyun's face goes from shock to embarrassment to ecstatic as he processe

Please log in to read the full chapter