twenty five (yeppeun nai seumul daseotsal)

there's a 'no' in 'noona' for a reason
Please log in to read the full chapter

aimee ing hates herself.

once upon a time, she was happy. the girl you'd invite to all the parties, pretty and smart as well as social. the kind of person you tried to hate because they seemed so perfect, but couldn't because they were too nice.

now, it seems like her life's done a 180. she's been thrown down into a bottom of a well. aimee's eyes exhibit dark circles only the heaviest of concealers can hide, because her nights are spent crying herself to sleep. her job is surprisingly good for a fresh college graduate -- unthinkable for anyone whose dead parents weren't best friends with a very rich and very powerful ceo -- and because of that, envious glares follow her when she goes to work in the mornings. it's stress on top of more stress, and you're barely digging at the surface.

what weighs aimee down the most, what she thinks about every day, is that her parents are dead and she didn't return home because she was just selfish. selfish and stupid. she said she wanted to finish studying to her brothers, making up an excuse to go out and drink her problems away. she saw their red eyes and tears, and she still said no. it was the worst decision aimee's ever made in her life, and she pays for it every single day.

and she knows that jungkook hates her for it. whenever he looks at her, all she sees is hatred. he's a far cry from the innocent, goofy maknae aimee left behind for san francisco. but aimee knows that she deserves it, too. nothing will make up for the fact that she abandoned her brothers when they needed her most.

 

a regular work day for aimee involves being holed up in her office from seven til almost eleven, working and trying to prove to her coworkers that she's more than just an entitled college brat. she knows she only got this job because the ceo felt bad for her, and she knows even more that she needs to prove her worth. so she languishes at her desk, slaving over papers and computers.

the silence in her office is suddenly interrupted by her cell phone ringing, playing a song namjoon had recorded once. she smiles a little to herself at the memory as she picks it up. however, that smile quickly turns upside down once she realizes that it's from jungkook's school.

"hello?" she asks.

"miss tran, this is principal park speaking," a formal male voice replies. "your brother, jungkook, got involved in....some physical conflict earlier today. we would like to speak to you as soon as possible."

aimee's throat goes dry and her stomach lurches. "o-okay," she chokes out. "i'll be there as soon as i can."

"thank you very much," he answers without a hint of gratitude, and then he hangs up. aimee groans and buries her face in her hands, wonderi

Please log in to read the full chapter