I'll See You Again Chapter 8

I'll See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I like him way too much to actually break up with him, Jong.” Sungyeol confessed that one night when his parents went out of town and Sungjong decided to sleep over (“I… I have something to do. I’m really sorry, Yeol. I promise I’d make it up to you next time!” and he runs away before either of them could ask more.) “It’s been a week and he’s been nothing but a goo—the best boyfriend ever. It’s so hard to do it. Augh, I’m so weak!” and he plopped down on his bed, closing his eyes.

“Hyung, he can’t be the best boyfriend if he doesn’t even like you,” Sungjong pointed out as he crossed his arms across his chest, “And I swear you’re being stupid right now, crying over him. I vote that you either break up with him or you make him fall for you, both for getting back at stomping on your feeling weeks ago and for dating you only out of pity.”

Sungyeol looked doubtful. Sungjong’s plans were 90% effective most of the time but there’s always the risk of 10% failure and there’s no room for failure because if he does, it’s him that’s going to suffer. It’s him that he’s going to sacrifice; his feelings will be at risk. Again.

“Come on, hyung! There’s nothing wrong in trying to get him to like you!” Sungjong jumped on top of him and forcefully tried to open his eyes to see him pouting, “Come on, hyung! If this succeeds then you get your perfect boyfriend! If you don’t succeed then… nah, I think you’ll succeed. Hyung, come on! You’re seriously not going all-saint-like on me right now, right? How can you pass up on a game like this?!”

He tried resisting, he really did. He tried to close all his senses to ignore his friend’s constant pouting and whining. Sungjong can be very good at being irresistible when he wants to and unfortunately (for Sungyeol), today was one of those days. So, he opened his eyes, hoping to get across his friend that no matter how many times he pouted or whined, he won’t—oh that was probably a wrong choice. As soon as he opened them, he was greeted with a wave of guilt.

“Fine, fine!” Sungyeol pushed his friend off of him and sat on the edge of the bed, “But, even if I agree, I’ll be gambling my chances. Why in the world would he fall in love with me, anyway? There are thousands of girls from our school who would want to date him and he’d be better off with them.”

Sungjong followed and sat beside Sungyeol with a raised eyebrow, “Seriously, hyung, are you saying this? When did you give a about what others thought anyway? You sound stupid right now, just saying. Should I tell you why you should go after Kim Myungsoo?”

Snorting, Sungyeol nodded, waiting for his friend. “Go on, persuade me.”

The shorter boy stood up and placed his hands on his waist. “Lee Sungyeol, you don’t take crap from anybody. You make sure you get revenge whether it is in a form of a public joke or a prank. Why should Myungsoo be of any exception? You don’t give up. If anybody tries to bring you down, you make sure they’re in it deeper than you are. You can do this, hyung. Don’t give me that crap about you not lovable enough because we both know that’s not true. Hyung, you’re the best friend anyone could ever hope for.” He finished it off with a smile, “So, hyung, are you going to do it?”

Snickering, Sungyeol stood up and tackled Sungjong in a bear hug. “Jong, you’re seriously the best. I swear, how could I live without you? Although I disagree about the part me being lovable, at least I know that I’m not repulsing either.”

“Does that mean you’re going to do it, hyung?” Sungjong asked, pushing himself away from Sungyeol to face his friend, “You have mine and Dongwoo hyung’s support, 100% all the way! Please, hyung?”

“Yes,” Sungyeol grinned and ruffled the boy’s hair, “I’m going to do it!”

They both did their random victory dance, Sungjong imitating the latest girl group dance and Sungyeol doing body waves. A little after, they burst out laughing and fell on the bed, Sungjong on top of Sungyeol’s lap.  Giggles and snickering were heard until they finally softened and stopped. Sungjong crawled up and lay beside Sungyeol then faced his hyung.

“Hyung, since we’re finished with your problem…” Sungjong trailed off and grinned when Sungyeol raised an eyebrow, “I think we both know we want to see what Dongwoo hyung is up to, he’s been hiding something from us, and don’t you agree so?” the eyes Sungjong had that moment could probably scare people off.

“I’m guessing you plan on following him?” Sungyeol asked but yelped when Sungjong hit him on the arm hard, “What are you hitting me for? Sheesh, Dongwoo’s right, you’re getting really violent.” And he rubbed the spot on his arm.

“Following him is tactless, no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter