I'll See You Again Chapter 16

I'll See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Sungyeol, can I talk to you for a bit?” Woohyun called the taller boy just as he was about to go to the gym. It wasn’t really easy to catch him alone since him and Myungsoo (or Sungjong) are stuck together like glue. “Just for a bit, I swear.”

Sungyeol nodded, confused. Myungsoo would have to wait for just a few more minutes then. They walked towards an empty classroom considering that it was after school hours already. Woohyun sat on the teacher’s table and encouraged Sungyeol to sit on the desk in front of him, at least this way he would look taller than the boy.

“What is it that you wanted to talk to me?” Sungyeol raised an eyebrow, “Myungsoo’s going to kill me because we’re supposed to finish cleaning the gym together. I already ditched him for 30mins yesterday; I don’t think he’ll take it lightly if I ditch him again.”

“He’s a big boy,” Woohyun waved his hand in dismissal as he ransacks his brain of the things he planned to talk about with. “I’m going directly to the point then since—“ Sungyeol snorted, “Hey, stop distracting me!”

Rolling his eyes, Sungyeol snorted again. “Just continue, shorty.”

“What—you—pole!” Woohyun sputtered. Wow, Sungyeol is really weird. He thought, usually, that Sungyeol was mean but this proves it, Sungyeol was a bully who is picking on him just because he lacked in the height department.

Waving his hand, Sungyeol nodded his hand.

“Fine, I’m letting this go since my best friend is off cleaning the—“ Sungyeol snorted again and Woohyun tried his very best not to let it affect him. He’d deal with this pole sometime not now. “I came here to ask you, as a concerned friend, about you and Myungsoo. No, let me finish,” he saw the other boy opening his mouth so he cut him short, “I don’t really care how you fix things up with Myungsoo, it’s your problem. However, I’m really curious…”

“Quit yapping and ask already, Woohyun.” Sungyeol scowled at the boy in front of him. “I’m not some damsel in distress whose feelings need to be put into thought; I’m a man just as you all are.”

Sungyeol was right, Woohyun agrees silently. He smirks at the boy, acknowledging what he just said because there were no lies in them but full of truth. “Doesn’t it hurt?”

“What does?”

“Loving Myungsoo but staying with him…”

Sungyeol contemplated a bit before his face spread out into a smile. “I knew you weren’t that stupid.”

“I am not stupid!”

“Just saying,” Sungyeol grinned and continued before Woohyun could protest again, “It does, and it hurt so much. However, if I stay away from him, it will bring more pain if I watch him from afar. He would meet a lot of people, interact with them and I would be jealous at the side. Doesn’t that hurt more?”

“I thought you’re supposed to forget him?”

“Well, Woohyun, I am.” Sungyeol stood up and ruffled his hair before jumping away, “If one person stay by the side of the person they love and see how the said person is fine, good and doing great without being with him, wouldn’t that make you give up and move on?”

--

Woohyun understands Sungyeol, or so he thinks he does.

The taller boy was playing with fire, playing with his own feelings and that’s all that Woohyun could decipher. He knows he won’t forget Myungsoo in a flash, he knows staying with him won’t do him any good but being with the person you love is much better than going away and just ache for him. He’s trying to hurt himself by being with Myungsoo.

What Sungyeol wants to achieve was to get hurt to the point he’s going to be forced to forget his feelings for Myungsoo.

Woohyun understands that much.

--

Sungyeol wasn’t a good guy but he wasn’t a bad guy either. Right now, though, Woohyun wants to think of him as the bad guy because now what Sungyeol told him is stuck to him like glue. It was scaring him how sure Sungyeol sounded when he spoke those words. Is really staying with the person you love but not being with them being enough to let go of such feelings?

Kim Sunggyu.

Immediately, his whole body shook of something he couldn’t pin-point. All he knows is that he would hate himself forever if Sunggyu, like Sungyeol said, would be just fine without him. He wants the older boy.

Then what’s stopping you?

“I’m afraid of commitment and so is he…”

So you’re not afraid of losing him?

“Of course I am! It’s the only thing that I’m afraid off…”

You do know that you can’t lose something that you don’t have, r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter