I'll See You Again Chapter 19

I'll See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

If Sungyeol could throw his whole self down the pit of no end, he would gladly do that. Unfortunately, he couldn’t because then everyone would find out how jealous he is right now. Wait. He was jealous? Again?

“Sungyeol, stop glaring at your food.” Woohyun piped in beside him with a sigh, “You look out of it.”

The taller boy shrugged and continued poking with his food. “Imagine having to sit beside Myungsoo and Sungjong the first three periods, I think I should would be vomiting by now.”

“Jealousy?”

“Cheesy.”

Woohyun nodded as if he understood but maybe he really did because a few seconds later, said couple came to the table with Myungsoo carrying Sungjong’s tray as well. They say beside each other and immediately latched into a conversation that only they would understand while feeding each other. It was like they were in a different world from Sungyeol and Woohyun.

“Where’s Hoya and Dongwoo hyung?” Sungyeol finally gave in and asked Woohyun. Conversation with this shorty was so much better than watching Myungsoo and Sungjong going all lovey-dovey just in front of him. “I won’t reprimand them for skipping class since I do it all the time but together?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Dance contest.” Woohyun answered as he picked up his tray, “Come on.”

Sungyeol raised another eyebrow as if saying ‘come on where’?

“Anywhere but here,” was all Woohyun’s answer before he left the table and stood by the door, waiting for Sungyeol to do the same.

Sungyeol sighed and turned to the pair in front of him, hoping to catch their attention. “Hey, guys, we’re going, okay?” But he got no answer so he gave up and followed Woohyun, muttering curses under his breath while trying the best he could to not just go back and dump a spaghetti filled plate on top of their heads.

“You look like you’re about to strangle them.” Woohyun remarked before he pulled Sungyeol out of the room, “You’re jealous?”

“I am.” Sungyeol muttered as the two of them walked to an unfamiliar hallway, “What is it to you? Don’t you like Sungjong for Myungsoo? I swear I’ll punch you if you insult my best friend. No matter if he’s dating the love of my life, he is still my best friend and I don’t mind another detention.”

Woohyun laughed as he opened an emergency door. “Chill, Pole. I wasn’t going to insult Sungjong. That’s like asking for my death.” He motioned for the taller to follow him as he went up the stairs.

Warily, Sungyeol did because hey, what was there to lose anyway?

They reached the roof top and Woohyun immediately ran to the railings, breathing in the air as if he had finally achieved freedom. Chuckling, Sungyeol followed him and stood just right by him. Woohyun was weird, Sungyeol decided, he couldn’t understand how the boy thinks and where they stand. Are they friends? Are they enemies?

“Yell it out here.” Woohyun grinned as he placed an arm around Sungyeol. “I’ve seen my sister watching dramas where the lead screams his heart out on the roof top. Come on, it’s supposed to make us feel better or something.”

Sungyeol grimaced, “You’re such a girl.”

“Hey!”

“You called me a Pole earlier!”

“…oh.”

Grinning, Sungyeol leaned on the railing and prepared to scream his pent up frustration, “YA KIM MYUNGSOO! I FREAKING LOVE YOU FOR FIVE YEARS NOW! PLEASE LET ME FORGET ABOUT MY FEELINGS FOR YOU BECAUSE I’M TIRED OF HURTING!”

“YA KIM SUNGGYU!” Sungyeol turned to see Woohyun screaming beside him, “I LOVE YOU AND I KNOW I DID WRONG YEARS AGO. I KNOW I SHOULDN’T BE GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE AT ALL AND I TRIED TO ACCEPT THAT BUT… I CAN’T! I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH!”

“LET ME GO, KIM MYUNGSOO! LET ME MOVE ON FROM MY SELFLESS LOVE FOR YOU!” Sungyeol raised his fist in the air as if threatening it. “LET ME FORGET YOU, KIM MYUNGSOO!”

“LET ME LOVE YOU, KIM SUNGGYU!” Woohyun screamed last.

A few seconds passed before the two of them burst out laughing and rolled on the floor. It did made things feel better because it felt like the air was listening to them and it would carry out the wishes that they just uttered. Slowly, he knew, he would be able to let go of Myungsoo because if there was anyone in the world he loved more than him, it would be his love for his best friend. He couldn’t dare break them apart.

“Do you want to play hooky?” Woohyun called, “What do you think about going to the amusement park?”

It didn’t take too long for Sungyeol to lead the way out of school, one he’d use so many times with Sungjong but now he’s sharing it with someone else. Everything was changing even before he could get himself ready.

“You’ve done this many times.” Woohyun remarked as they swiftly got out of school.

Sungyeol rolled his eyes, “Duh. Mostly with Sungjong even though he wasn’t happy with it.”

Woohyun laughed as he wrapped another arm around Sungyeol’s shoulders, “Don’t worry, buddy. You now have me and Hoya to play hooky with.”

--

Dongw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter