I'll See You Again Chapter 13

I'll See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So,” Sungjong crossed his arms and stared at the only boys left inside the room, “Are you guys together?”

Dongwoo immediately knew he should’ve run away with Woohyun when the latter went to check up on Myungsoo and Sungyeol (that disappeared even before Strong Baby finished playing). Staying in a room with Sungjong was never a good idea, especially if your crush of many years was there as well, having no idea about that said crush (well maybe a bit, Dongwoo never really hid his affections).

“Well, we’re all in this room together, right?” Hoya asked, confusion leaking from his voice.

Sungjong laughed and Dongwoo wanted nothing but to strangle him. He leapt forward, hoping to stuff something—anything—inside Sungjong’s mouth to stop him from asking but too late, the younger had already thrown the question.

“Are you dating Dongwoo hyung?” Dongwoo felt like dying right there and then. “If you are and Dongwoo hyung never told us then I’m pretty sure I’ll be killing him now.” The younger boy shrugged, staring at Hoya as if the person he was talking about wasn’t there in the same room as them.

Hoya laughed while shaking his head, Dongwoo had to debate whether he felt like swooning or crying because he knew what was coming next. “Oh, no, you don’t need to kill him. Hyung and I are just good friends, we’re not dating.”

“Oh,” Dongwoo prays to the Heavens that Sungjong won’t continue but he was never granted that. “So you don’t like Dongwoo hyung? Like, as in, like to date? Just friends?”

Crying was probably too soft, Dongwoo felt like stabbing himself right on the spot.

“No, we’re just really good friends.” Hoya answered and turned to Dongwoo, oblivious of the older’s suffering, “Right, hyung?”

Giving out a strangled laugh, Dongwoo forced a nod and smiled. “Yeah, whatever.”

A long stretch of awkward silence engulfed them until Sungjong finally gave in and walked to the door. Finally, Dongwoo thought. He loved his friend to bits but sometimes, Sungjong can go out of hand, this being an example. He knows why, though, he knows why his friend is doing this but he can’t help but feel unfair.

“I’m going now,” the younger boy announced, “I’m going to look for Sungyeol.”

Another long stretch of silence engulfed them and Dongwoo felt like his whole being was being broken. Various excuses ran through his mind and he couldn’t decide on which to use, which is more believable.

“Sungjong worries about Sungyeol so much, huh?” Hoya said and it was more of a statement than a question.

Dongwoo rolled his eyes and snickered as if it was the most obvious thing in the whole world, “Of course. Sungjong is in love with Sungyeol after all.”

--

“I sent Sungyeol home,” Sunggyu told Woohyun, “Did you send Myungsoo home as well?”

Woohyun nodded and gave a huge sigh. The night was young, Sunggyu just got here and the first thing he saw was a crying Sungyeol in the garden. It was safe to say he wasn’t happy with what he saw because no one, not even Woohyun, could properly explain what exactly did happen. Neither Sungyeol (who was crying and shaking) nor Myungsoo (who was whispering and out of it) wanted to talk.

“The two of them are way too complicated. I don’t even know what they want with each other anymore,” Sunggyu said as he sat on the bench and patted the place beside him. “Sungyeol likes Myungsoo, loves him even. I… I don’t even know. I don’t understand them. They’re making it harder for each other.”

Woohyun took the seat and grabbed the older boy’s hand, intertwining their fingers that surprised him. It has been so long since they held hands or done anything couple-like because it’s been long since they called themselves a couple anyway. They sat in silence, just letting the touch of each other’s swallow them.

“We’re just as complicated as they are,” Woohyun finally spoke up, amusement evident in his voice but pain mixed in. “They’re complicated because neither of them are sure of what they are to each other but we’re complicated because we know what we are to each other and refuse to believe in it.”

“I love you,” Sunggyu gave a smile at Woohyun, “You know that very well.”

“I love you too,” Woohyun grinned, “You know that very well too.”

If we love each other then why aren’t we together anymore? was the question that was left hanging and no one wanted to acknowledge it because no one knew the answer, or rather, no one wanted to accept the answer. It was the question that’s been following them since they broke up.

“I’m scared,” Woohyun finally admitted.

“What are you scared of?”

“Of us,” Woohyun laughed again as he tightened his grip, “I’m afraid that you’ll stop loving me. I’m afraid I’m going to lose you. I’m afraid we’re going to grow apart. I’m afraid of us. Does that even make sense, Gyu?”

The older shook his head, a smile on his pouting lips. “We’re both afraid.”

“If it isn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter