I'll See You Again Chapter 12

I'll See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

note: this is a flashback meaning this is set 2yrs back just after their graduation. in continuation of chapters 4 & 6.

 

Sungyeol followed Myungsoo out of habit. He swears he isn’t a stalker (that’s what Dongwoo is, he’s been following Howon) but he has this gut feeling that something was going to happen and he won’t like it. When it rained, he thought that it was what his guts were telling him about, what he didn’t know was that something waits more than that.

“, where did he go?!” Sungyeol had just brought out his umbrella from his bag and when he looked up, the other boy was already nowhere in sight. He couldn’t have gone far because of the rain so Sungyeol decided to look around, trying to spot him.

Myungsoo was nowhere along the line of shops near them and Sungyeol was quite sure he wouldn’t have walked back to school or anywhere farther than that because the rain was heavy and pouring and—“Let me go!” As if just the goose bump that crawled to his skin was enough indication, he ran to the direction of where the voice came from.

It was from the alleyway.

And right there, Myungsoo stood surrounded by three men.

“No.”

Sungyeol felt his stomach churn at the sight.

“Let me go!”

“No.”

The boy he’s loved for so long, getting beaten up right before his very eyes.

“Just let me go!”

“No.”

Calling for help would be the best idea but everything would probably be too late and the last thing he wanted was to lose this boy—even if he wasn’t his—that he loves.

“Please, just let me go!”

“I said ‘No’.”

Losing him would be the last thing that Sungyeol wanted; it would be the last thing that he could ever want. So, he decided to work on the last thing that he knew could at least spare the boy’s life.

“I beg you, let me go!”

“I thought I already answered this.”

Running from where he was stood, he approached the small group and he felt his gut wanting to spill out at the sight before him. Anger was emanating from every pore of his body at the thought of these men hurting Myungsoo. No matter what, he would save him.

“Don’t touch him!”

He didn’t know what to do but he tried to do something—anything. All he could produce were the endless shrieks (in hopes of someone hearing them) and trying to hit these people off (just to distract them). In just a second, their eyes met and Sungyeol saw how confused the boy was.

“Lee Sungyeol…”

All the doubts that were swelling inside Sungyeol’s chest disappeared as soon as he heard his name from the boy’s lips. He recognized him and that was all that he needed. So he watched how Myungsoo sneaked off, running away from the place and into somewhere much safer.

He trusts the boy. He trusts him to call for help.

No matter what, Lee Sungyeol would save Kim Myungsoo because he knew the latter would save him.

However, after a million beatings and clothes ripping done, no one came. He tried; he tried to ignore the endless fist hitting his fragile flesh and the men’s hands all over his body. He doesn’t care; he doesn’t care as long as he sees Myungsoo’s face again, running towards him with help. So he waits and waits…

But no one in the form of Kim Myungsoo came.

If this is death… all I want is too see Myungsoo again.

--

“Hyung!” Sungjong flung himself to Sunggyu’s body, wrapping his arms around him as if it would ease the pain he was feeling. “How is he? What happened to him? How did you find him? Why was he there? Is he okay now? TELL ME WHAT’S WRONG WITH HIM!”

Dongwoo looked at Sunggyu in apology as he disentangled his friend’s form from Sunggyu. “Sorry, Sunggyu hyung, you know how Jong can be when it comes to Yeol…” and he hugged the said boy in his arm, muffling his sobs with his shirt.

“Jong, don’t worry, Sungyeol will live,” Sunggyu answered and patted the boy’s head. “I found him just in time before he got… . I’m glad I was just in time but also pissed that I didn’t find him earlier.”

Everyone went into silence as they gave a glance at the broken frame of Sungyeol, asleep and haven’t woken up ever since he was brought to the hospital. Worries were etched on their faces but there was nothing they could currently do but wait patiently. As long as he wakes up, they could finally breathe in peace but right now, all they could do is hold their breaths.

“Jong, Dongwoo, why don’t you guys go home? I’ll call you back if ever he wakes up.” Sunggyu finally said, “Especially you, Jong. Your mom would be worried.”

Sungjong huffed, “Mom is worried about Sungyeol too.”

Sunggyu didn’t bother fighting with that but he knew they needed rest too. After pushing them off with a threat of a broom from the closet, he finally got them to agree to go home. He went to the couch and curled himself, waiting for sleep to come.

--

When Woohyun called Sunggyu that afternoon, there were two things he wanted to talk about. So he sipped on his drink and waited until the older boy came in and he did, after just 2 minutes of waiting. Sunggyu was never usually late but he’s had so many things to worry about lately so Woohyun doesn’t say anything.

“Hyung,” Woohyun greets and points to the seat in front of him.

“What did you want to talk about?” Sunggyu asks as he takes the seat offered and waved to the waiter, “I was supposed to accompany a friend to the psychiatrist today but you said this was urgent so I came here.” He gave his order to the waiter before turning back to Woohyun. “So? What were those two things that are more important than anything else; this is an em

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter