Chapter 3

Never

Your POV

"Na~ Wake up~" 

I opened my eyes to see Kai right before me. His gentle and deep voice warms my heart. 

"yes?" 

"Let's go..." 

"where?" 

"somewhere...hurry up and get up and wash up!" 

"yah Kim Jongin! You wake me up just to kidnap me?" 

"what kidnap? just don't say anything and follow me...don't worry... i won't kill you..." 

Seriously, I have no idea what he is up to. But i just did what he told. Because he is not going to let me off. I got up, washed up and changed. He was sitting in the living room waiting for me. I saw a big bag beside him. 

"what is this?" 

"your clothes..." 

"wae?" 

"we're going on a vacation..." 

"mwol!? You didn't even told me about it. Where are we going? I need to tell my parents..." 

"Don't worry... we're not leaving the country... Just going to take you somewhere, where it's just the two of us..." The idea of the two of us sounds good. I questioned him no more and just followed him. We got in the car and he started driving. Why does this feel like we're eloping? How i wish we could just leave everything behind and leave like this for good... Even though I know this trip will be short, I still want to spend every minute with him. Because every minute is precious. 

"We're here..." He woke me up after don't know how many hours of ride. 

"Where are we?" 

"Secret~" 

"so secretive....hmmm you must be up to no good..."

"yea right~ get down now..." 

He took our bags and my hand and brought me into this apartment. 

"wow...is this yours?" 

"neh~ i bought this...it's somewhere i like to hang out at, somewhere i can be alone..and now, it is somewhere i can be with you..." 

"Jongin ah...." 

"Don't worry...Nobody will find us here... The security is heavy here... and it's a few hours away from Seoul..." He must have something planned.

"Is there anything wrong?" 

"Na~ My dad..." 

"ok....I didn't expect it to come so soon...come to think of it, we've been 'dating' for almost 8 months already. that's fast..." I knew what he was going to say. I just didn't want to hear him say it out. I know we can't be together. I know this is all an act. But I do like him. We have feelings. It's just hard to leave him. I need him. He's my only support. He's my only true friend whom i can be myself with. I know he feels that way too. 

"yea...very fast...but it's short to me..don't worry...He didn't tell me when. So I will drag this relationship for as long as I can...unless you find someone else you like..." 

"You know who I like..." 

"Yea... Him....and me..." He looks so hurt when he said that. I feel hurt looking at him. 

"Jongin ah, you should know that we both won't end up together. I'm lucky to have you here right now. I thank you for everything all these while. I love him and I love you too. I feel sorry actually. I'm scared I treated you as a substitute of him..." 

"I'm scared I treated you as a substitute of her too... But gwaenchana...I don't mind it...as long as we're here for each other..." 

"neh..." He is right. As long as we're here for each other. At least for now. I expected to break up with him soon. 

"Yah! But am I really like him? That I will be a substitute? How can anyone beat me, the one and only Kai?" 

"Of course no one can beat you...Both of you are special...Both of you made me be myself. What about her?" 

"her? well..same reason as yours...She's just like you, someone i can show my true side too...an angel in my cage..." I smiled. He smiled too. 

Thinking back, it only took us about a month to build a rapport with each other, to like each other. Although at first we were awkward but soon we opened up to one another. Just that I never really told him about him and he never really told me about her. But we respect each other we love each other.  But we cannot be together. How i wish there is a way for us to be together. 

----------------------------------------------

Kai's POV

Last night, my dad tried to introduce me to this girl. I cannot remember her name but that's fine becuase I don't want to remember her name. I just know Byeol and Haena, two women whom I love most my entire life. My dad has already made it clear he wants me to find another girl. But for as long as I can, I will hold on to Haena. Although we only had 8 months together, these 8 months have been one of the happiest moment my whole life. I already lost Byeol, I don't want to lose Haena. 

I decided to bring her away, even if it's just a short while. We won't be able to leave for long. Our parents would be finding us. And they have the ability to track us down in every parts of the world. There is nowhere we can hide from them. So I'm just going to treasure every minute I have with her. I went to her house early morning and she is still sleeping. She looks so cute when she sleeps. I woke her up and didn't gave her anytime to think and brought her away. She didn't blame me. She just followed me. I know she would like this trip. 

We were far away from the city, although still trapped in the radar of our parents but at least we're alone right now. Away from parents, away from the reporters, away from attention. Just the two of us where we can be ourselves. I did not regret buying this apartment. It's my secret hideout. Only EXO and now, her know about it. I gave her the permission to come over whenever she feels like. Even if she wants to stay here forever. Lee Haena, I wish we could be together forever. 

 

: