Chapter 10

Never

I never heard from Sehun ever since that day. Even Kai, i was talking lesser and lesser to him. It's for our good. But I have to find a time to tell him about Chanyeol. I don't want him to be reading the news to find out. One week passed just like that. 

When i was about to leave the company after work, reporters were all around the lobby waiting for me. 

"Miss Lee, what happened to you and Mr Kim Jongin?" "Did the both of you break up?" "Is the rumours real?" "Is Mr Kim really dating Ms Jung?" 

Miss Jung, Krystal Jung. The one who attended a party last night with Kai. The one who took my place instead beside Kai last night. Which explains today's situation. I already expected it. I don't blame Kai. It was planned. For him. All planned. Sooner or later, it'll be me and Chanyeol on the headlines. Well, his mother did told us to settle whatever we have to. This news came just in time. 

I gave no comments to the reporters and went back home. I got a text message from an unknown number after I showered. 

Unknown: Seems like someone is out of love...

Me: Who are you?

Unknown: I don't mind you crawling back to me if you need a man... 

It was him. Sehun, gloating over the news. I don't care. Because he doesn't know. 

Unknown: So much for standing up for you that night, calling you his girlfriend. And now he's got a new one. Or did you left him just like you always do. 

Me: I loved him...

Just like I love you. But I did not have the courage to finish typing that. It doesn't do any good to him. And I shouldn't have any relationship with anyone and get prepared to be engaged with Chanyeol. After the marriage then it'll be all over. Over with Sehun. Over with Kai. I'll just be Mrs Park until the day I die. Then hopefully I get to be with you or Kai in the next life. 

Sehun's POV

I said I will hate her. I will find someone better. But how can that be easy? How can anyone just replace her in my heart? I love her. A lot. I can't forget her. I realise I can't hate her at all. I was angry. But I love her still. Despite her not caring. 

I saw the news of Kai. I don't know how much of that is true but I could tell she is going to be hurt. She love him I know. But at the same time I was happy this news came out. Maybe she'll turn back for me. I decided to text her. 

Hi, are you ok? No that sounded too nice. I should be hating her. I shouldn't sound so desperate. Now even Kai doesn't want you, aren't you pathetic? No! That sounded so mean. I can't be so bad to her. I can't bear to. I spent half an hour trying to think of a perfect message to send to her. That was it. I finally sent. Trying to sound sarcastic. 

I loved him... That was her last reply. I was at a loss. I know she love him. But she doesn't have to tell it to me. Is she not hurting me enough? Does she really want me to hate her? Does she really not like me at all? What about me Lee Haena? You make my life so miserable. But why do I keep turning my head back to you. No! Oh sehun! She's not worth your love. Stop caring about her. 

Your POV

After Sehun's messages, it was Kai's call. I picked it up. 

"Hi." 

"Hi." 

There was a long pause. 

"Na, I..."

"Just say it..." 

"I think you can already guess.." 

"Congrats..She's a nice girl..." 

"Na, I won't be happy if that person who is going to walk down the aisle isn't you...." 

"Neither will I be...but what can we do?" 

"Never forget me Na... Never forget I love you..." 

"I will be getting engaged soon as well..." I decided to tell him. 

"who?" I took in a deep breath. 

"Ch..Chanyeol oppa.." I stuttered. After all they were close friends. 

There was another pause. 

"Kai?" 

"He's a good guy..I'm relieved.." 

"Don't blame him alright? He is feeling bad..for us...but he is innocent... like us, he is just a pawn in the game.."

"I understand.. I won't... I said before... It'll just be the two of us hurting... I won't hurt anyone else..." 

"Kai..." 

"hmm?" 

"Se...ani..nothing... I love you..." 

"Don't worry...we're fine...we're best friends... I love you too..." Then he hung up. 

That was probably the last call we ever had. Until.....