Chapter 23

Never

I couldn't sleep the whole night. My mind was all about Kai and Sehun. Although we made it clear to each other, it is still hard to forget about Kai. He was a sweet and nice guy. Maybe I was just guilty because I treated him as a substitute of Sehun when I was together with him. Maybe I did love him as much as I love Sehun. Lee Haena, you can't step on two boats... Kai..Kim Jongin... I thought. I remembered something. 

I went to my wardrobe and climbed the chair to reach for a box placed up high in the wardrobe. I took it down and opened it. It was filled with things when I was younger. My report cards, some old photos of mine, letters and there it is. I took out a photograph and turned behind and read the words. "My first picture with my student, Kim Jongin.." 

I remembered tutoring him before I left to study overseas. Although our family have some reputation, we never met before. I always coached him after school, in the library. "Byeol.." I remember him calling me that. He was always making fun of my glasses. So I was the girl he always talked about. He like me since then? Why did I not recognise him? So I knew him before I knew Sehun? Jongin... 

I picked up my phone and searched my contacts but I hesitated when I'm about to press the dial button. In front of me was Kim Jongin. I was about to call him. What was I thinking? First, it is in the middle of the night. Second, we already make it clear to each other. Third, I have Sehun now. Lee Haena, the person you love is Sehun, your very first boyfriend, your very first love, the one who made you be yourself and let you fall in love. You've been thinking about him ever since you came back to Korea, even when you're with Kai. All you have is apolegetic feelings towards Kai. I dialled another number instead. 

"Oh Sehun..." I spoke softly into the phone. 

"Wae? Can't sleep?" He spoke sleepily into the phone. 

"Am I disturbing you?" 

"No baby... I'll answer your call anytime..." He said, slowly sounding awake. "What is it?" 

"I miss you..." I wanted to see him right now. 

"Aww...I miss you too..." 

"Come here..." 

"Are you serious?" 

"I want you here Sehun..." I wanted him to be by my side. I needed assurance. I need to stop thinking about stuffs. 

"Wait...I'll be there soon alright.." He said and hung up the phone. I knew he would come. It's 3am into the morning and I made my way down and waited by the front gate. "Babo, what are you doing out here?" I could tell he was really in a rush to come over. 

"Sehun.." I hugged him the moment i see him. And I cried. 

"What's wrong? tell me! Did anything happened? Don't cry..I'm here.." He patted my back while hugging me back. I cried even more when I hear his concerned voice. I feel so so bad at the point of time. I didn't know what to say. I just feel like crying. And we stood in front of my house for who knows how long. "Let's get in first alright.. it's cold out here..." He took off his jacket and put it over me. He walked me in the house and went into my room. "What's wrong?" He knelt in front of me as I sat on the bed. His face was full of concern. Tears dropped again. He saw the photo on the bed. "Kai...." He stood up and sat beside me. "If you do like him, then go.." 

"No Hun! Don't get me wrong.." I got flustered. Don't push me away Sehun. I love you. I really do. 

"Haena.. I want you to be happy too...If you really like him, have the courage to do so..He isn't married yet.. you still have a chance.. given your status, you are on par with Krystal..." He said, looking away. No Sehun, I don't want to leave you. 

"No! I love you Sehun.. how do I make you believe me.. I just.." I hugged him. 

"Na..I'm serious.." 

"I'm serious too..."

He cupped my face. His lips touched mine. "Don't leave me Hun..." 

"I won't.." and he kissed me again. 

---------------------------------------------

I woke up in Sehun's arms. He spend the whole night trying to comfort me and make me sleep. Oh Sehun, I love you.. I really do...Thanks for coming into my life... I won't think about him again.. I wanted to get off bed to make breakfast for him but instead I was held back. "where are you going?" He said sleepily from behind. 

"Make you some food.." 

"Don't go.. sleep more.. you slept late last night..." He held me tighter. 

"Arasseo..." I feel safe in his arms. We fell back asleep and it was noon when we woke up again. We went down for breakfast. 

"Since when did Sehun came?" my stepmum asked as we came down. 

"Last night.." I answered. 

"Is everything fine?" she asked. She could tell something was wrong with me. I nodded and Sehun gave her a smile. "Well, since you two are here, why don't you babysit your brother for me?" 

"Where are you going?" 

"Your dad has a dinner event to attend tonight..." 

"Oh I see.. have fun then! Leave youngjae to us!" 

"Are you sure you can handle it?" 

"Of course.." 

"Thank you Haena.." 

And she left after dolling up for an hour and my baby brother was left to us. 

"I don't know how to take care of a baby.." Sehun said as he hugged me from the back while we stand in front of the crib, looking at the sleeping angel. 

"I can do it.." 

"really?" 

"Are you doubting me?" 

"of course not...oh he's awake.." He smiled the first thing he woke up. He really likes me. I carried him out of the crib and Sehun followed behind. My stepmum has already got everything prepared and there are servants at home. I fed him milk that was prepared already and took him to my room. "He's really cute..like you..." 

"I wish he could grow up happily.." I looked at the smiling baby in front of me, on the bed. 

"yah..why don't we..." Sehun said and looked at me. 

"What?" 

"why don't we..." He leaned in closer next to my ear, "have our own baby?" 

"Oh Sehun!" 

"mwol!? you're going to get married to me anyway..." He said with an arrogant look. 

"Can't be bothered with you..." I ignored his sentence. 

"Are you shy?" He asked. I continued ignoring him. "Look, even youngjae is laughing at you..." 

"Oh Sehun!" I hit him lightly. "Don't say such things in front of a baby.."