Chapter 11

Never

I received an invitation from Krystal Jung to her birthday party. It was stated that one is supposed to bring their partner along. I knew that Kai will be her partner. So I have to get myself one or I'll just give the party a miss. But that will mean more headlines in the news, more paparazzis and reporters waiting for me everyday. As if I'm not bothered enough. But who am I supposed to find? Unlike others, I don't have an older brother. My younger brother is just about to be due. Cousins? I'm not close to them. I don't even know who they are actually. I don't think I ever met them. Who else? Chanyeol? I don't think he broke up with his girlfriend yet but I could ask him. Then someone came to my mind. Sehun? No. He hates me. If I ask him, he'll probably thinks he still stand  a chance. I don't want to give him any false hope. I'll just try my luch and ask Chanyeol.

Me: Chanyeol oppa... 

Chanyeol: yes haena? :) 

Me: nothing...just...that... Krystal's party.... 

Chanyeol: ah...right...Jongin..ok..i know what you want..but I'm going with yoona..mianhae...

Me: gwaenchanayo...I'll ask someone else...

Chanyeol: ask your oppas! I'm sure they will help...maybe Sehunnie? 

Me: ah... I'll try...gomawoyo oppa :) 

Chanyeol: No problem! See you there! 

Sehun? Do i really have no other choice? Do I really have to ask him? No. I rather the paparazzis bother me everyday than hurt him once more.

"Hello?" 

"Na.." 

"Yes?" 

"You don't have to come if you don't want to...sorry I can't be your partner... I would love too..." 

"It's ok Jongin..I don't blame you...I know you want to...I'm trying to find someone so it's ok.." 

"Sehun?" 

"ani...not him...never him...." 

"I get it...But you really don't have to come...." 

"It's out of courtesy..I already got the invitation...how can i not turn up...." 

"alright...Just take care Na...." 

"I will..." 

"Bye..."

"Bye..." 

And that short conversation ended. Our only phonecall in weeks. In these few weeks, we never talked or meet. The only times I saw him was through the news, about him and her. More of feeling jealous, I was sad. Sad that I could not be with him. Sad that he didn't have a choice. 

Sehun too didn't bothered me ever since that day. I wonder what he is up to. Sometimes he will pop up in the news, saying that he went to party and stuffs. But why should i care so much about him.. I should let him go.. I shouldn't hold on to him anymore. It's over between us. We should never have started. But he had given me a chance to love and I thank him for that. 

It's the day of the party. And I've got no partner. But whatever. I don't care. I will just attend it, since I'm invited and for business relations. The Jung family are quite powerful too and not showing up means not giving them face. I reached just in time and saw the other oppas arriving with their partner. But there was no sight of Kai and Sehun. 

"Haena Annyeong!!" Baekhyun called out to me. 

"Annyeong!" I said to them and waved. 

"Where's your partner?" They asked and looked around. 

"Erm..well.." I was looking for an answer. 

"Let's go in.. it's getting late..." Chen said and saved me. 

I walked in with them. And everyone's attention turned to us. 

"Oh look who we have here?  Thanks for coming to my party.." Krystal Jung came over, with Kai. "Where's your partner?" She said looking at me directly, with a smirk. 

"Happy Birthday!" The other oppas greeted in response, helping me with skipping that question. I thank them silently. 

"Happy Birthday!" I said, not facing Kai. 

"Oh there are more guests..let's go over Kai. Make yourself at home.." She said and walked away, brushing past me on purpose, showing off that she had Kai. I have to admit I was jealous but what can I do. After all I did love Kai. And I know he love me too. He was keeping quiet the whole time because he have no right to say anything. He can't defend me because he is Krystal's partner, by his parents' order. 

"Gwaenchana?" D.O asked. 

"yea.." I smiled to them. They were all concerned about me. I thanked them for that. 

"Don't mind her alright...You can stick with us tonight..." D.O said again. 

"By the way where's Sehun? I don't see him around.." Chanyeol spoke and the rest began looking around. I didn't know what to do then i spotted him, with a girl. 

"Over there..." I told them and pointed in his direction. 

"Oh Sehun!" Chanyeol called out to him and waved. He looked over to us and walked over. I avoided eye contact with him. 

"Hi hyung...Oh...this is?" He asked, pretending he didn't know me. Thanks Sehun.

"Ah.. this is Haena...she didn't came to the party the other time.." Chanyeol explained. 

"Annyeong haseyo.." I just said in response. "Sorry for the other time.." 

"Gwaenchana...where's Kai? Oh wait, he's with Krystal..." I knew he said in on purpose. But it's ok. It's the truth. 

"Sehun ah, who's this?" Baekhyun changed the topic. 

"Seri!" She introduced herself and gave a flirtious smile to him. Oh god. Where did Oh Sehun find this kind of girl? Did he do this just to spite me? 

"Come on Baby~ We'll go over there hyung.." Sehun grabbed her by her waist and they walked away. I got to admit I did feel empty in my heart but there's nothing I can do. 

The party started and everyone started dancing. I was sticking with EXO but they were engrossed in their own things so I got neglected. I took a drink and went out of the ballroom, up to the garden and sat there alone, enjoying the peace. 

"Rejected?" I turned to the voice of Oh Sehun. 

"I wish..." I looked back in front. He sat beside me. 

"Why didn't you ask me? I could have considered being your partner...and you wouldn't be alone now.." 

"Where's your seri baby?" I ignored his question. I didn't want to answer him. 

"She's just another girl...Don't you get it?" I get it of course. 

"Yea..I forgot you're Oh Sehun...you can have any girl you want..." 

"No I don't..Lee Haena!  Do you really not know? Or you really don't care!" I know Sehun, I know. But I can't do anything about it. I just laughed and walked off, leaving him there, once again. I then went to the toilet to cry. Why Oh Sehun? Why do you keep coming back to me? Stop.. Just leave me for good.. It's for me..and for you.. Don't hold on to me anymore...

Sehun's POV

I saw her alone at the party. I knew she didn't have a partner. I wanted to ask her. But I was hoping she'll ask me. But she didn't. So I got a random girl just to show it to her. I wonder if she'll feel jealous or angry. I just hope she still loves me. I can't give her up. why... 

I pretended I didn't know her because the hyungs shouldn't be implicated. This was between us. She went along with the act too. Then that introduced herself and I observed her reaction. She showed disgust. Was she jealous? Lee Haena, are you jealous? My heart jumped a little. Then I walked away. I saw her left the ballroom alone so I went after her. 

She was sitting by the garden alone so I approached her. But I didn't know what to say. I wanted to go up to her and just hug her but I know I can't. I'm supposed to hate her. 

"Rejected?" I just asked. Because I have nothing else to say. "I wish.." what does she mean by that...  Then I questioned her why she didn't ask me. I wanted to know. "Where's your seri baby?" She avoided the question. But judging from her tone, that girl did affect her abit. Just tell me you love me Lee Haena.. stop rejecting me. "She's just another girl...don't you get it?" She's just a random girl. She can never replace you, do you understand? 

Her reply made me angry. Does she really not get it? I don't have any girl that I want.. I want you. Don't you know? Lee Haena are you trying to kill me? Why do you keep hurting me again and again? I just want to know that you love me! And she just left. Leaving me alone again. Once again. Without any words. Is that what you are capable of babo? Is that what you can do? Always escaping? Always leaving me in hurt? Always leaving me alone.... Lee Haena..why can't i forget you..