Chapter 20

Never

"Uncle Lee.." The guys greeted as my father walked in. 

"I've decided...to call off the engagement..." he spoke and everyone went silent. 

"waeyo appa? This will affect.." I don't get why my father made that decision. The marriage with the Park family will be able to help my father's business and reputation. 

"I almost lost you, my daughter...I don't want you to lose yourself..." he explained. "When I heard you were taken away, I was afraid I can't see you again...So I told myself, I won't send you to be confined again...you are not going to be happy..." 

"I agree with Uncle Lee.." Chanyeol said. 

"I'm sorry Chanyeol.. I'll explain to your parents and call it off officially with them.." my father said. I don't whether to be happy or not. Happy that I'm able to break free from the arranged marriage? Happy that I don't have to marry a man I don't like? But that doesn't mean I can be with Sehun. 

"Don't worry...I don't want Haena to give up her happiness too..we don't like each other in that way..." Chanyeol said. 

"What about Sehun?" Suho asked. His family problem is an issue. 

"That is another problem..." my father said. 

"I'll talk to them..." Sehun spoke. I held his hand. I'm afraid something might happen to him again. What happened is too scary. I can't believe how can a family be so cruel. "Don't worry..." 

"I won't let my daughter risk her life again for you... but I know I can't stop her...I can only help her.." your father sighed. "But first, I need your help Lay sshi..." 

"I understand... I'll see to it.." Lay said. 

"Haena, do you really love him?" my father asked. I looked at the man before me. Oh Sehun. My first love. Do I really love him? 

"Yah why do you need so long to answer this?" Sehun whined like a child. I smiled. Yes I do. I love him. I miss all the time with him back then. I didn't want to leave him. I never wanted to leave him. But I have to. Now that I have a chance to be with him, why is it I'm considering so much? Lee Haena, have some courage... But then what about Kai? He loves me too... I do love him... Although all these while I had Sehun in my heart... But, he deserves a true love too.. I can't be so selfish to pursue my own love and he can only dream about it. "I know you're guilty towards Kai... But he can't make any difference now.. But you can... shouldn't you make his sacrifice more worth it? He would like you to be happy too, don't you think so?" 

Sehun was right. Kai would want me to be happy. He always does everything to make me smile, to keep me happy. He always say he wants me to be happy. He would want me to find my happiness. We both didn't have courage in our relationship. Now I can't make the same mistake again. "Yes I do. I love Sehun, appa.." Sehun smiled when he heard what i said. I don't want him to ever lose that smile again. 

"Then trust appa..I'll make you happy..." my father said. 

"I will..." If I don't trust him, who else can I trust. The rest of EXO are not able to do anything because they have their own reputation to care about although I know they want to help. Sehun and I won't be able to make it just by us alone. His family is a big problem. We definitely can't deal with them by ourselves. For the last time, I'm being controlled again. I can only listen to my father's instructions in order to be with Sehun. 

That afternoon, Sehun was discharged. 

"I'm going back now...I'll see you later.." 

"Be careful...." 

"I will..I love you babo.." And he kissed my forehead. I was worried about him going home. He will have to face his mother and his brother. The thought of what happened makes me shiver. Please be safe Sehun... And then he left while I sat on the bed, thinking about him. Lay came in afterwards. 

"I'll get a doctor to write a report of you.." Lay spoke. 

 "Ok.." I answered. Lay is just carrying out my father's order. It'll be easier to have evidence to break off the engagement. And this means to sacrifice my reputation. But I don't care. I don't care anymore. I can only trust in them. 

"Are you sure? It'll ruin your image.." Lay said. "Sadly, I'm not experienced enough to write it for you..and my status will be a problem.." 

"It's ok oppa...I understand...my image isn't important.. as long as we know the truth ourselves.." 

"But after all, you're a girl...and if words get out, people will judge you..." 

"Since when did people not judge? And besides, I'm not that clean to begin with..." 

"You.." He looked at me and I nodded. I already lost first time to Sehun. I'm not that pure as what they think. They know Kai never touched me. In their mind, they never thought I would sleep around. "Sehun?" I nodded again and flushed red at the thought of that night. It was kind of awkward telling another guy about it. I never told Kai before too. 

"So I supposed it wouldn't be much of a lie to them..At least I won't feel so bad..." 

"You're still thinking for others at this point of time..." 

"I'm Lee Haena.." 

"haha...alright, have a good rest..I'll check on you later..." Lay said and patted my head before leaving. Thank you Lay oppa. After he left, Sehun came back to my thoughts again. I picked up my phone and texted him. 

Me: Where are you?

Hun: Miss me already? It hasn't been an hour since I left... 

Me: I'm worried... 

Hun: No one's home... I'm in my room now..

Me: When are you coming again? 

Hun: and you say you don't miss me.. 

Me: Oh Sehun I'm not joking with you.. 

Hun: arasseo... I'll come by tonight.. 

Me: Go and rest...

Hun: you too.. 

Me: neh... 

Hun: *attaches a selca of him* 

You smiled at his texts. Luckily he hasn't met with anyone of them yet. None of his family came to visit him once when he was hospitalized. How can his family be so cruel? Especially his father.. He is his flesh and blood after all.