Chapter 12

Never

I called sick for work the next day. There's too much in my mind, I needed a break from everything. But my life doesn't allow me too. My housekeeper called to inform me that my stepmum gave birth. I don't know to feel happy or sad. My position in the house, in the company will be affected. More focus will be on the new baby boy. I am happy that I needed to do less, I won't be controlled as much as before. But I feel sad for the baby. That he have to suffer all I had and go through what I did. Hopefully, he can find someone he truly loves and get married but I think it's highly impossible. 

I went to the hospital and saw my father and my stepmum in the ward. 

"Abeoji..omma..." I greeted. 

"Oh you're here Haena..." my stepmum greeted. My father just nodded. 

"How are you feeling?" 

"I'm fine. Thanks for your concern. Have you seen your brother?" she asked. 

"Not yet. I will visit him later." 

"I have a meeting later. I'll get going first. Have a good rest." My father told my stepmum. "Haena, I'll show you your brother.." I smiled at my stepmum before leaving with my father. I knew he had something to say to me. 

"Have you settled your relationship with him?" 

"neh..." 

"good. he's getting married and you're getting married too so don't see him again.." 

"I understand..." 

"That is him.." He pointed to a baby in the nursery. 

"He's cute..." and sad. I dare not say it. 

"People like us don't have a choice...I hope you don't hate me.." He spoke. That was the first time he said something like that to me. 

"I understand father..." 

"I of course hope that my daughter can marry the person she love...too bad you're born to be my child.." He sounded regretful. I have never seen this side of him or heard this tone of his before. He has always been strict to me. We never had a proper conversation as far as I can remember. 

"Abeoji.." At this point, I really want to turn to him and hug him and cry like a baby but he is still awkward to me. 

"I gave up my love when I was your age too..and married your mum..I miss her now..but I can't say I really love her..but you're my flesh and blood.." 

"I understand...I know what I need to do...being born in this family...you've taught me that since young..." 

"Sometimes, I wish you wouldn't understand..." I looked at him in surprise. "I wished you can have the courage and run away from this curse..do the thing that I never have the courage to do...but you're a sensible girl Haena.." He placed his arm around my shoulder. This was the first skinship I ever had from him. This was the first time I ever felt he was a father to me. I never heard his heartfelt words until today. Tears welled up in my eyes. I fought hard not to cry. 

"I won't leave you alone to clean up the mess...appa..." The word just came out. I had to call him that. 

"I love you Haena..Thanks..." And we just kept quiet and looked at the baby. 

----------------------------

I would see Kai on the news. I would see Sehun sometimes in a glance when he came to the restaurant I always go to eat. But I never spoke to them. I never spoke to anyone else ever since that day after the party. Even my soon-to-be fiance. Well, it's not like we can develop feelings by getting to know each other more. Because he's an oppa to me and I'm a younger sister to him. We know each other well enough. 

But my relationship with my father took a turn. We would have lunch occasionally if we see each other in the company. Although we don't really talk, I'm still happy being with my dad. All the more I couldn't leave him and run away to pursue my love. 

"You can push back the engagement if you want to..." he said. 

"it's ok.." 

"I mean, the news of your brother is enough to create news...and his first month party is coming up...you don't have to lock up yourself so early...." It's only about 2 months to the next year. Which means the announcement of our engagement. 

"it's ok appa... I have nothing to hold on to now..." Because Kai's engagement news have been released and he and krystal were the hot topic lately. I finally had some peaceful moments although from time to time, some will still ask me about my relationship with Kai. 

"mianhae" You are my father. You don't have to be sorry. I never blamed you. 

Kai's POV 

I never saw her ever since the party. I don't have the courage to call her too. Because seeing her or hearing her voice makes it harder to leave her. I miss her badly. 

"Have you really broken up with Miss Lee?" "Is Miss Jung the third party?" "Are you guys getting married?" "Are you still seeing Miss Lee?" "What about your relationship with Miss Lee?" 

The questions the reporters asked broke my heart each time. I really want to tell them that I love Haena. I never broke up with her. How can I when we never really started. But I don't want to leave her. I want to marry her. I don't love Krystal. It's just our parents' order. I want to get back with Haena. I want to tell her that I love her. But I know I can't. This marriage is important to the company. It's never about me. 

Soon the engagement news broke out and it marks the official end to our 'show', our relationship. But I know Lee Haena, will always be the love of my life. More than Byeol. I will never forget Lee Haena. Lee Haena have took my heart.