Chapter 19

Never

Sehun came to my ward that night. The others have left already and i was having trouble sleeping. 

"Not sleeping yet?" I was startled by his voice. I struggled to sit up, hearing his voice. "be careful..." He came over to help you up. He sat down beside you, in the dark ward with only lights by your bed and from outside. 

"what about you?" He still look weak. I was worried about him. "I'm not feeling good..." I got worried. "But after seeing you, I feel good.." I smiled. He was so sweet. 

"I guess you're fine since you can joke now.." 

"and you're fine since you get my joke.." 

"are you trying to be sarcastic?" 

"and you?" 

"I'm asking you..." 

"I'm asking you too.." 

"Yah Oh Sehun!" I hit him lightly on his arm. 

"Ah.." he pretended to be in pain. 

"I didn't even use strength.." 

"Do you even have strength?" I glared at him and he chuckled. He is back. The oppa that I know of. That Oh Sehun with the sweetest smile to melt one's heart. That is how we used to communicate. I am feeling happy, just like last time. 

"Sehun ah..." 

"Shh..." As if he could read my mind, I was stopped by him. "Not tonight..." I smiled at him. Alright, not tonight. Let us enjoy tonight. I motioned him to sit closer and leaned on him and he placed his arm around me. And we remained quiet. 

The next morning before the nurses came in, he left and went back to his own ward which is just a few rooms beside mine. My stepmum came by in the afternoon together with my brother. 

"Are you feeling better today?" she asked. 

"yes. Thanks for your concern. and look who came to cheer on me!" I smiled and carried my brother in my arms. He looks so innocent and he smiled at me. Youngjae ah, grow up to be a strong guy. 

"He loves his sister.." She smiled at the sight of him. It was different from how she smiled at me. Well, one is her biological child, one isn't. I don't mind it. This incident made me see things clearer. I realised I'm luckier than Sehun. At least, my stepmum won't harm me. 

"You should get going soon... it's not good for youngjae to be in the hospital..." I said, concernly. 

"Don't worry about yourself..get well soon ok? your appa will be here later in the evening.." 

"Neh. have a safe trip home." 

"we will..." 

Shortly after she left, Chanyeol and the rest came. Kai didn't. To be honest, I missed him. It hurts me to see his sad face. He thinks I didn't notice but I kept everything to heart. I'm sorry Jongin. But we both have our own responsibilities. He is already engaged. And next will be me. We will never be together. We agreed on that at the start. It's just hard to say goodbye. 

"Hey Haena!" Baekhyun greeted. 

"looking great today!" Chanyeol said. 

"how are you feeling?" Lay asked. 

"Thanks for all of your concern. I feel better now.." 

"That's good to hear!" The rest said. 

"Get well soon and play with us!" Tao said. 

"Yah! She just got well and you want her to play with you.." Xiumin said to Tao and everyone laughed. 

"What's so funny? are you all having a party without me?" Sehun appeared at the door. He looks better now. Seems like he is fine. 

"Oh Sehun!" The rest called out and invited him in. 

"Seems like you're fine now! When are you getting discharged?" Tao asked. 

"Never... It's good to be here..At least I'm fed everyday..." Sehun joked. 

"Yah! Don't say such things..go home if you want food.." Suho said sternly. 

"He can be discharged today.." Lay added. 

"That's great..." I said and he looked at me. Then everyone looked at us. 

"Yah...I think there is a need for us to know what's happening here..." Baekhyun said. 

"What do you want to know?" Sehun said. 

"When did you guys become so close?" D.O asked. 

"yea...when Kai asked about you, I was wondering what has she got to do with you..." Chanyeol said. The thought of Kai made me and Sehun feel so guilty. 

"Where's him?" Sehun asked the question which I don't dare to ask. 

"He's busy..." Suho answered. Busy? really? Or he doesn't want to see me. or us. oh well, it's over between us. 

"Answer us first! Don't change the topic!" Chen said. I looked at Sehun, not sure whether to tell them or not but he just smiled at me. I wonder what he is going to do. 

"We...I like her..." Sehun said. I just kept quiet. I like him too. But I'm not sure of starting a relationship with him. I still have the arranged marriage propasal with Chanyeol. "But.." He stopped to look at Chanyeol. "Hyung, shouldn't you say something..." 

"mwol!? why are you looking at me? I know nothing...I..I.. I have no say in this..." Chanyeol was flustered. 

"Don't force him..." I spoke. "He really can't do anything about it.." 

"What is this? another secret?" Baekhyun said. "Park Chanyeol! What are you keeping from us?" 

"Just how many things are you keeping from us?" Chen added. 

"What is this? How could you?" Tao whined. 

"Yah...don't force them.." Xiumin spoke up. "They can't do anything about it.." 

"hyung you know?" Chen said. 

"I can guess.." Xiumin answered. 

"When will you guys ever grow up?" Suho said. 

"hyung!" Baekhyun whined. 

"This.." Xiumin hyung showed his hand. That wedding band that stood out on his finger explains it all. 

"I thought you and Kai will make it together...but he got arranged in that relationship...poor jonginnie.." Suho said. 

"We both knew it from the start...it was just a deal between us.." I said. Was it really a deal? I don't know anymore. 

"We can't control our life... I don't wish for my turn..." Baekhyun pretended to sob and everyone chuckled. 

"So you and Sehun?" Lay brought back the topic. 

"We were together..before I came back..." 

"We're having our engagement party soon.." I eyed Chanyeol. Sehun stared at me immediately. The rest showed an understanding expression. 

"andwae!" Sehun protested. "Yah Lee Haena, I said that if we made it out alive, we'll be together.. what are you saying now.." 

"Sehun ah..." I tried to persuade him but given his temper he won't listen. I looked at Chanyeol and the rest. 

"Yah! We can't help you...but..make a difference guys...you guys have to take the first step..." Chen said, surprising everyone. 

"Yah Chen...what are you talking about?" Suho said. 

"Wae..I'm just helping them.." Chen whined. 

"See, I said I'll give you the courage if you don't have it..Lee Haena, do you dare to risk everything for me?" Sehun asked. I don't know how to answer him. My heart says yes but my mind tells me no. I have to much to consider. I need to think for my father. 

"I'll do something about it, Haena..." Chanyeol stepped out to say. 

"Haena..." my father walked in at this time. 

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm writing another story at the same time. Do support it. http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/924384/stranded-with-love-romance-you-exo-love

Hope you like this story so far. Thanks for your support. Do comment on how i can improve it or what would you like to see in the story :D Once again, kamsahamnida readers xD