Chapter 22

Never

I woke up and saw my smiling angel sleeping on the couch in the room. His blanket was falling off and I wanted to go over and help him put it on. He could catch a cold. I gathered up my strength to push myself out of bed, to the wheelchair that was placed beside my bed. "Ah!!" I fell to the floor instead. 

"Yah! What are you trying to do?" Sehun rushed over immediately and carried me back to the bed. "Are you hurt?" He asked concernly. 

"I'm fine.." I didn't want him to be worried about me. 

"Next time, don't try to get off yourself..Call me.." he said while looking into my eyes sternly. 

"Arasseo...but you were sleeping.. i didn't want to wake you up.." 

"I can wake up.. " he said. 

"but.." 

"No buts.. I'll take care of you your entire life from now on..." he said seriously. "Do you still not trust me?" 

"Of course not..I just..gomawoyo Sehun.." I hugged him. I have to. I don't know what else to say to him. 

"Babo..." He ruffled my hair. 

"Yah Oh Sehun! You're really here! I've been trying to call you the whole morning!" Baekhyun barged into the room with Chanyeol behind him. Sehun took out his phone and it was flat. 

"Sorry. Battery drained. What's up hyung?" Sehun asked. Baekhyun said nothing but took the TV remote and switched it on. He turned to the news channel and there it was, news of Oh Sehun. 

"What are the plans for your second son Mr Oh?"/"He's not my son anymore."/"What do you mean by that?"/"We don't need a useless person in the company. He will only bring bad light to our name. I now declare I only have one son and he is Oh Younghun." The interview with Sehun's father was a shock to all of us in the room and probably to the everyone. 

"He finally said it.." Sehun spoke. "Great, now I'm free!" He smiled. I could see hurt in his eyes. Although he hated his family, there was still some feelings. He is not cold hearted. He was still affected by the sudden news. 

"What are you going to do now?" Chanyeol turned to Sehun. Sehun just laughed. 

"Sehun ah..." I held his hand. 

"Don't worry about me.." He patted my hand instead, assuring me. "Isn't it good now? Now that I'm free? I don't have to endure them anymore...I don't have to live a fake life anymore..but.." He turned to look at me. "I have nothing now...I can't give you anything...will you still be with me?" 

"Did I want anything from you?" I asked him back. He smiled and I smiled back. I just want him to be with me. That's enough. 

"We hyungs will support you no matter what..but..there's a limit to what we can do..." Chanyeol said. 

"Gomawoyo hyung!" Sehun said. 

"Then we'll leave first.." Baekhyun said. "Rest well Haena sshi..." 

"Annyeong.." I waved to them. My father called shortly after they left, saying that the engagement has been taken care of. I told Sehun about it and he was so happy about it. Lay came to update about my condition. My legs are temporarily like that. I just need to do physiotherapy and I can walk again soon. Sehun was more happy than me to hear about it. He seemed more relaxed now that he broke free from his family. I was relieved although I know he still feels hurt about it. How can someone just disown his son like that. He's his flesh and blood. How can he be so cruel. 

---------------------------------------

Weeks of being in the hospital and I'm finally getting discharged. Sehun came other day to visit me and he calls me every single day. Thanks to my dad, Sehun has a place to live in. He couldn't help him directly because it would be going heads on with the Oh family but Sehun is more than grateful. His EXO hyungs will meet up with him from time to time. He has also found a job and earning his own money. At first, I was worried for him because he was once a young master of a rich family and now he has to use his own efforts to earn money. I'm afraid he won't be used to it but he is coping well. He is always smiling when I see him. That's great. 

"Are you ready to go?" Sehun asked as I packed my bag. 

"Just waiting for you.." I answered. 

"kaja!" He grabbed me bag and held my hand as we left the ward and went into the lift. People were staring at us as we walked along the corridor, to the entrance where a car is already waiting for us. We both got on and the driver drove us back home. 

"Why are you smiling like that?" He was grinning on his own. I knew he must have something up his sleeve. 

"Nothing.. just excited to have you back and out of the hospital..we can go on dates now.." he answered. 

As soon as I stepped in the house, "Welcome home!" everyone in the house greeted including EXO. I was surprised. My father had prepared a welcome party for me. "Welcome home Haena.." My parents greeted. 

"I miss you omma!" I hugged her. Sehun's incident made me realise how precious my family is. I have a loving family although she may not be my biological mother. 

"Welcome home!" EXO greeted excitedly. Although they did visit me from time to time in the hospital, they still are excited that I'm finally discharged. I realised Kai is there as well. There was a moment of awkwardness when our eyes met. I haven't seen him ever since the day I woke up at the hospital. I've never contacted him as well. All these while, I've been with Sehun I did not remember him. I feel weird. He doesn't look like the Jongin I know of. He lost his smile too. 

"Do you want to talk to him?" Sehun asked as he accompanied me back to my room. 

"What is there to say..."

"Nana ya~" 

"What's with this aegyo..." 

"I don't want you to be unhappy...He'll forever be a knot in your heart...untie it now.." Sehun was right. I need to make a clean break. For me. For him. And I don't want to think of another guy when I'm with Sehun. I have to put him down. "I'll get him here..." I nodded. Moments later, there was a knock on the door. 

"Come in.." I said, taking in a breath to calm myself down. 

"Na..are you ok?" He started, not daring to look into my eyes. 

"I am fine.. thanks for your concern.." He took a seat not far from me. 

"So...you're with Sehun now?" 

"yea.." 

"Good..congrats...finally, you get to live the life you want..." he said, looking down. I feel sad at that sight of him. 

"Jongin ah.." 

"Let me speak first.." He took in a breath and then look at me. "I have no choice but to marry her..but I will never forget you Haena..Although I have another her in my heart, you're still more important.. I love you and don't stop me from loving you..I wish you all the best with Sehun, sincerely... I want you to be happy too Na...If you're happy, I'm happy too..If you ever feel upset, talk to me.. I'll always be there for you.. It's Kim Jongin's promise to you..." He said it sincerely, so sincerely, it made me teared. 

"Gomawoyo Jongin..." was all I can say. I'm really thankful for him. Then he left the room. His backview became something I would miss. Sehun came back after he walked off. 

"Are you ok?" He held me in his arms. I hugged him back tightly. All i have is him now. "I'll always be here.."