Chapter 15

Never

Kai's POV 

I was hoping she came to the engagement party and at the same time I don't want her to come. Not talking to her for so long makes me miss her even more. I thought it'll be easy to leave her, after all we know we're going to leave each other. But no. I love her more than I thought I would. My love for her was far more than expected. But I know in her heart there is still Sehun. If she were to choose, I think I know who her answer is.I want her to be happy. I wouldn't mind if she picks Sehun over me. After all, they knew each other first and they loved each other first. That was true love between them. But she can't choose as well. 

Guests flocked in the venue and me and Krystal were busy greeting each and everyone of them. I saw her parents but not her. Did she come? I guess not. Lee Haena, please be happy without me. EXO came one after another, congratulating me. But what is there to be happy about? The person beside me is not her. I want her and only her.

"Let's take a picture together.." Krystal suggested. 

"Wait a minute..Sehun is not here yet." Suho hyung said. Then I realised he wasn't here. I have no idea what happened between the two of them ever since that day. The last time I saw them together was at Krystal's birthday party. But they pretended to be strangers. I thought she would ask him to be her partner but then again, I know she thinks before she acts. She is more relieved when Sehun pretended not to know her. But why isn't he here today? He was my best friend. I thought he would be here first. Could they be together? No way. Haena wouldn't do such thing.

"Chanyeol hyung, I need your help...Do you mind Krystal?" I looked at Chanyeol then Krystal. 

"What is it?" We walked to a quiet corner.

"Haena..." 

"Ah...I heard from Uncle Lee she went overseas...Kai ya..." So she went overseas. I guess it's good for her. For me too. 

"I understand...it'll be hard for both of us too....in this event.." 

"Our Kai is becoming a real man..." 

"Chanyeol hyung, please take good care of her..." 

"I will..she's like a sister to me...I won't bully her..."

"gomawoyo hyung..by the way have you heard from Sehun?" 

"The last time I spoke to him was last night, he was drinking at the club..i told him to go home early to prepare for today and he said he was leaving soon...then we ended the call..he probably drank too much to wake up on time...aigoo our maknae..what happened to him..." 

"Probably relationship problems.." I said. She didn't tell Chanyeol hyung about it. I guess she didn't want anyone to know. I will keep it a secret for her. 

"I guess so..oh well let's go back there.. don't keep your fiancee waiting.." 

"hyung.." I hate that word because that person isn't her. 

"arasseo...mianhae...let's go back...don't keep the hyungs waiting.." Chanyeol hyung is always optimistic. I wish I could be like him. 

"Yah can someone call Oh Sehun?" Suho hyung asked. "How can he be late when it's Kai's big day..." 

"I called but he didn't pick up.." Tao hyung said. This Sehun...

"It's ok...let him sleep..." I said. "We'll go greet other guests first..."

I was on stage with Krystal as my father gave a speech. Then I saw someone going up to Haena's father and his expression changed. Then I saw Sehun's father picking up a call and headed outside. I have a bad feeling somehow. 

----------------------------

"Yah! Eat!" Someone opened the door and woke you up. It was a masked man and he threw 2 packets of food on the floor. 

"Who are you?" Sehun asked. 

"You don't have to know...I will release you when the time comes..." he replied. "Make sure you eat! I will come back later!" And then he left. 

"I think I know who they are...." Sehun said. "It must be my brother...or my mum.." 

"mwol!? but they're your mum and your brother!" 

"To the public yes...in the family, I'm just nothing but an eyesore...She is not my biological mum...I am the son of my father's mistress but she died not long after giving birth to me.. If i wasn't a boy, I'll probably beg on the streets right now.. I won't even know my name.." 

"But what has it got to do with you getting kidnapped?" 

"tomorrow, my father will announce the successor... Because I came back to Korea suddenly, they think i want to fight with them...so for safety reason...they want me to stay away until everything is over..." 

"they sure can do anything for money...museowo..." 

"I'm here babo...don't be scared..let's eat...I don't want you to starve to death..." 

"I rather we die..." I realised what I said. "let's eat..." 

"Haena..mianhae.." 

"For?" 

"Aniya...hurry and eat... Don't starve..." We kept quiet and ate our food. It tastes badly but we had no choice. "Yah, you babo..look at you...forever getting dirty when you eat.." He reached for my face and wiped off the rice on my face. My heart fluttered. Flashbacks went through my mind.