Chapter 17

Never

Kai's POV

My parents went to the Oh Corporation's dinner while I stayed at home. I heard that they will be announcing the next successor but I know Sehun's fate. We all know about his background. It was a secret between EXO. I never told Haena about this, I don't think she knows about it. I decided to call Sehun out. But there was no answer. The call seemed to be cut off intentionally. Then the phone is turned off. What are you doing Oh Sehun? 

Then someone knocked at my door furiously so I went to open it. It was Chanyeol hyung. 

"What's up hyung?" 

"Let me get in first!" He rushed in, panting and closed the door. 

"What's the matter?" 

"I..I overheard my dad's conversation..." He held me by my shoulders and stared at me with his big eyes. 

"So?" 

"Haena...Haena...she's kidnapped!" 

"Mwol!? are you sure? what happened? why is she kidnapped?" 

"I have no idea too! I want to know too! I just heard my dad talking over the phone with Haena's father when he suddenly said it! Then I ran out and got here to tell you!" 

"Eottokhaeyo hyung? Where's sehun?" It then struck to me that Sehun seemed to have disappeared too. 

"Sehun? I haven't heard from him since I last called him..why do you need him? we should come out with a solution!" 

"Sehun might be with her..." 

"mwol!? why do you say so?" 

"It's not the time to explain now! we should go to her house and ask Uncle Lee what we can help with!" 

"yea...ppali!!" I drove at the fastest speed to her house. 

"Uncle Lee!" Both me and Chanyeol hyung called out. 

"What's the matter?" He sounded straight. 

"Sorry to disturb but we want to know about Haena.." 

"I believe Jongin sshi have nothing to do with our Haena anymore..." yea right. I have a fiancee. I shouldn't be here. But I can't. I love her. I need to save her. She have to be safe even if I won't be with her. 

"Uncle Lee...I overheard your conversation with my father...what happened to Haena..Kai just want to help.." Chanyeol hyung helped me. 

"Chanyeol ah, I will settle this... you don't have to worry..." 

"Haena is our friend and my fiancee to be... and we also suspect Sehun might be with her!" when Chanyeol hyung said Fiancee to be...That hurts me a lot. She should be my fiancee. Yah Kim Jongin! now it's not the time to think about these! 

"Sehun? You mean Oh Sehun?" We both nodded. He seemed shocked to hear. "What makes you think so?" 

"Uncle Lee, it's not the time to explain now...their safety is more important.." 

"If Oh Sehun is with her... then it makes sense now... I've not offended anyone lately..I was thinking who will kidnap her...now that you mentioned Oh Sehun...The Ohs might have something to do with it..." 

"Huh?" Chanyeol hyung did not get it. But I got it. 

"You mean the party? someone doesn't want Sehun to be there, to be in the way of his brother? but..." 

"You don't know Oh SangJun.. He's a cunning man... I don't know what he can do to his own son..." Sehun's father? No..I thought it was his mother... Uncle Lee doesn't seem to know about it yet.. "The Oh SangJun I know, will do anything to stop anything from disrupting his plans... Sehun has been sent overseas and is in negative light ever since he came back...it's obvious his successor will be Sehun's brother.." 

"I get it now...Then they should be safe right now...If his goals is just to stop Sehun from appearing so that the naming of successor can go smoothly, they wouldn't do anything to them.." Chanyeol hyung said. Let's just hope this is the case.

"Maybe not him... but she's my daughter...He didn't expect to capture her as well..She was supposed to be on the flight to New York..and we are not sure whether this is the case...whether Sehun is with her or not.." 

"Should we call the police?" I suggested. 

"We have no proof...and..we'll be going against the Ohs if it's the truth..kids, just stay out of this...I will settle this..." 

"But---" 

"Kai ya, Uncle Lee knows what to do...we shouldn't get implicated in this...you shouldn't..." Chanyeol hyung stopped me. "We'll get going now..." 

"Why did you stop me hyung? You know I can't just stay out of this!" 

"And then what? You go confront Sehun's father? call the police? Kai ya, why haven't you learn from Haena...she's always so thoughtful..she thinks about the consequences.. you just got engaged.. you don't want to get involved with her... The relationship in that family is too dark...we can ruin our family if we made a wrong step..." 

"I don't care! All I know is I want her to be safe!" 

"If sehun is there, he'll take care of her..we can only wait...and pray for them... If our guess is right, she should be safe...and they will be released soon."

"I don't know how I'm going to wait..." 

"I know you're worried about her... I am worried too... but think about her..think about what she will do in this kind of situation...you know her better than I do..." 

"Hyung..I'm so useless....I can't even protect the person I love.." 

"It's not your fault...Come on, let's go back to my house..Stay with me these few days..and don't tell the rest about it..." How can I be ok with this matter? What if our guess is wrong? What if she's in deep trouble? What if Sehun doesn't care about her? There's too many what ifs in my mind....I can't be sure to stay calm. 

---------------------------

Your POV

"Hyung, what do we do with the girl?" A man voice spoke. 

"I have to ask boss..." Another man spoke. 

"What do you think they're going to do with us?" I asked. 

"If they're sent by my mother and brother, I don't think they'll do anything to me...no I mean us.. I won't let anything happen to you..." 

"Forget it Sehun...It's ok if I were to die here...at least I can break free from my life.." 

"No! Don't say such things! we'll get out together! I'll get you out! you're not going to die without me Babo.." 

"Sehun...." 

"Haena..I will give you the life you want...I will give you the courage.." What else can I say? I know his temper. And my heart. I know what I want. 

A man came into the small room we're locked up in, followed by two more behind him.  

"What do you want?" Sehun asked and pulled me behind him. 

"Oh Sehun, you still think you're the young master right now?" 

"Your target is me. Let her go." what? I grabbed his arm. I'm not leaving without you Sehun. 

"wow? romantic drama now? Who is she to you? Isn't she Kim Jongin's girlfriend? Oh right! Ex girlfriend... Ah I get it.. Now that she's not with Kim Jongin, you want her now?" The men laughed. It irks me. I know Sehun is angry right now. 

"Shut up! Let her go! all you want is me! I don't care if you kill me! just let her go!" Kill you? why would they kill you? Sehun stop asking me to leave. Now you're pushing me away. 

"Hmm..How can I just let her go so easily...since she's here, I wonder how it feels to see your girl, having fun with me..." The two men grabbed Sehun and I was pulled away by the man who spoke. 

"Don't touch her you bastard! Let her go!" 

"What's so nice about her that made you and Kim Jongin love her so much? I should find out on my own.." He pinned me to the wall and touched my face with his finger. I struggled and Sehun struggled too. I tried to push him away but I don't have enough strength because I haven't eaten the whole day since last evening. 

"I said don't touch her!" Sehun shouted and broke free from the two men and punched the man. 

"You!!" The man took out a gun and aimed at Sehun. I immediately pushed him away and got the bullet to myself instead. 

"Haena!" Sehun rushed towards me as I lost balance on my legs and fell into his arms. 

"Hyung what do we do now? will she die?" The men panicked. 

"I..I don't know...boss!" He got a phonecall in the middle and he went out to answer the phone while the two men followed him out and locked the door. 

"Why are you so silly?" 

"He was going to shoot you.." 

"So? just let me die..it'll be better for them..." 

Soon the men came back and dragged the both of us away to a freezer. We got locked up. It was very cold. I was in Sehun's arms. He was hugging me tightly. 

"Sehun.." 

"Shh..don't speak..and don't sleep on me.." 

"I'm fine Sehun, i'm fine..." 

"But you're bleeding and it's freezing in here..how can you take it... please Haena.. don't die on me...don't leave me..." 

"Sehun...being able to be with you here, i'm already very happy..I've been dreaming about being in your arms again.. but all these while I only dared to dream...sorry for not being brave enough to say I love you..." 

"Gwaenchana..Gwaenchana.. I don't blame you.. I know you love me.. I know... I love you too babo..." 

"But if we made it out alive, i...all these will be gone..." 

"no..it won't...I'll marry you when we make it out...you're going to be with me..." 

"no..we can't be so selfish..what about my family? what about Chanyeol's family? What about Jongin? He loves me too.. I owe him a lot... If I get to be with the person I love, he should too..." 

"He'll understand..." 

"Sehun.." 

"That's it...we'll make it out... and you're going to be with me... even if we freeze to death here, you're still going to be with me.. we should stop your bleeding first.." He tore a piece of his shirt and tied it around the wound on my leg. It was hurting badly and the blood keep flowing out. "Come here.." He pulled me into his embrace once again.