Chapter 25

Never

It finally came to the day when Kai is getting married. I got dressed and did my makeup. I looked into the mirror and saw how pitiful I am. I laughed at myself. Ever since the day Kai walked out on me, i buried myself with work. I went to the company everyday and stayed until late night. I would go nearby to where Sehun is working and watch him. He seemed to be living fine. I guess he's better off without me. 

"Miss?" a servant came in. "Madam asked if you're ready?" 

"Oh I will be down in a minute.. thanks.." I said and grabbed my bag and made my way down. 

"Do you want to sit with Youngjae?" My stepmum asked. "Youngjae ah, do you want to sit with your noona?" Youngjae smiled brightly. I smiled back at him. My stepmum handed him to me and I carried him. We left in separate cars. 

"Youngjae ah, don't learn from your noona...be good to the person you love..." I looked at the innocent baby in front of me. He was just smiling back at me as usual. That's right, keep that smile. Don't let anyone hurt you. As if he knew how I felt, he reached his hands to caress my face as tears welled up in my eyes. "Good boy.." Soon he fell asleep in my arms and we reached the venue where they will be having their ceremony. There were many business partners and old friends of my father so we went to greet them one by one. 

"Your daughter is so pretty.. and she is going to be a good mother in the future...whoever marries her is lucky.." A lady said to my parents while I stood behind them with youngjae still in my arms. Really? Is the person really lucky? or am I the lucky one to find someone who wants to marry me? A good mother...It reminded me of what Sehun said. Why don't we make our own baby..His words rang in my head. Oh Sehun...We don't have the fate.. Then we went to greet the groom and his family. 

"Congratulations.." I said to Jongin. He was dressed up in black suit, charming as usual. 

"Thanks.." He said, with a blank smile. Then he went to greet other guests. He must hate me now. Sehun came too but I never spoke to him. I kept my distance from EXO. I stayed with my father and took care of youngjae all the time. I watched as Krystal walked down the aisle, to Jongin who was smiling at her. I watched them exchange vows and rings and completed the ceremony. Although there was a prick in my heart, I was genuinely happy for him. It's finally over between us. 

It was time for the bouquet catching. I was carrying youngjae so I didn't participate. All the girls were excited and getting ready to catch the bouquet the bride was preparing to throw. Just as she threw, youngjae moved in my arms and the bouquet came towards us. I caught the bouquet by instinct, in fear that it will hurt youngjae. Everyone clapped and youngjae was smiling and moving his limbs. He was happy. Happy for his noona. But I'm not happy. Who am I even going to marry. So what if I have the bouquet. I saw Sehun looked at me for a brief moment then he looked away. Kai and Krystal walked over to me. 

"Congratulations! Hope to hear your good news soon!" Krystal said and walked off with Kai. He never once looked back and Sehun was out of sight by then. He must have left already. The reception was at night so we went home first. 

"I will stay at home with youngjae.." I said to my parents. I didn't want to go to the reception. There is no point for me going. I saw him got married. That's enough. My father nodded. He didn't want to force me I know. They left after they got dressed up and I stayed at home. Youngjae was asleep again. I went out to the balcony and sat on the swinging chair. Many thoughts ran through my mind. I was thinking about Kai, thinking about Sehun, thinking about what if i never met them. Thinking about what if I got married with Chanyeol, maybe it'll put us in less pain. 

Then the bell ring. I went to the gate to find Sehun there. I snickered as I stood in front of him, suppressing my tears. "Why are you here?" I asked. 

"Because.. I'm selfish in love too..." He said. I looked at him confusedly. "Lee Haena, I don't care how you think. I just care about how I feel. I like you. I love you. and i want to be with you." He said, determinded. 

"Oh Sehun..." I hugged him. Yes, be selfish. Be selfish for yourself. 

"Will you marry me?" He asked. "I know I can't give anything to you. But I'll always be selfish for you. You can only belong to me and I will always belong to you..Be with me, lee haena.. you don't have a choice..." I laughed at his proposal. 

"That's really a unique proposal.."

"That's Oh Sehun's style.. it's one of a kind.." He said and pulled me into a kiss. "I take it as you agree..." 

"Are you sure about this? What if I can't give you what you want? What if I hesitate again? What if---" He stopped me by placing a finger on my lips. 

"I said, i don't care.. I only know what I want and I want you. I want to be with you...I believe you love me.." He said. "and i said, you don't have choice..you caught the bouquet earlier..I already proposed..and you have to say yes.." 

"Sehun ah.." I hugged him once again. I love this side of him, when he makes all the decision and leave me with no choice. All I have to do is listen to him and he'll bring happiness to me. I know I can be happy with him. But what if you get hurt again.. Do you really not care? 

--------------------------------

It was finally decided, our wedding date. He took care of almost everything, with my stepmum's help. He just asked for my opinions a few times and he did everything by himself. Right, he shall do it, in case I have second thoughts again. I'll leave my life to you Oh Sehun. The only choice I get to make is to choose my own wedding dress. 

I tried on the dress. It was a white, strapless stress, simple yet traditional. I like it a lot. The curtain opened and Sehun was waiting outside. His first reaction was to freeze there with his jaw dropped. "Oh Sehun?" I called out, trying not to laugh at him.

"You're so beautiful..." He said and smiled and took my hand. "I wish I can say I Do right now..." I smiled back at him. He's just so sweet with his words. "Have you decided?" I nodded. I like the dress a lot. I'm not fussy about it. "I guess we can take our photos today.. " I nodded. He went to change into his suit and he was charming. I looked at him with sparkling eyes. Is this man going to be my husband for real? "Your eyes are popping out.." He teased and I hit him lightly. 

"The both of you are so sweet.." The staff in the store said and we both smiled to her. And we got ready for the wedding photo shoot. 

"Alright now, look into each other's eyes.." The photographer said and we did as told. I see happiness in his eyes. I wonder what he sees in mine. Oh Sehun, tell me i'm not in a dream... 

"You're really beautiful..." Sehun whispered and I blushed. 

"You're the babo now..." I said to him. 

"I'm a babo for you..." He said back. 

"Now kiss your wife..." The photographer said. Sehun smiled brightly before holding my chin, raising my head and leaned in to plant his lips on mine. At this moment, i felt that we're just alone. I enjoyed this moment with him. 

--------------------------------

It was D-day. We decided to just have a simple ceremony at the backyard of my house. It was just a small celebration between us and our family and friends. I didn't want coverage by the news. From now on, I just want to live a quiet life with Sehun. I was sitting in front of the mirror, after getting my hair and makeup done. "You're beautiful..let me put this on for you.." my stepmum came in my room with a necklace box. It was a simple yet elegant necklace. "It's your mum's...you look just like her.." 

"Thanks omma.." I said to her. I don't have much recollection of my own mum but I had more memories with this woman in front of me. 

"You father don't dare to come in, in fear he might cry..." She said. "You're our precious daughter.. you've grown up now..be happy dear, you've come so far.."

"I will.." I said. I trust that Sehun will make me happy. From today onwards, i only have him like he said. 

"It's about time...Are you ready?" She asked. I took a deep breath before I stood up. I smiled to her and linked arms with her before walking outside. My father was there, waiting. "Here's your love..I'll wait downstairs with youngjae.." 

"My dear daughter, you're finally getting married..You really take after your mum..so pretty.." My father said and I hugged him. 

"Appa, thanks for everything.." I said, trying not to cry in order not to ruin my makeup. 

"Alright, the ceremony is starting..Let's go.." I hooked my arm around his as we made our way down. The door opened and everyone stood up as I walked down the aisle with my father. Sehun was in front, looking at me, smiling. All I see was him. My father handed my hand over to him and we stood in front of the priest. 

"Do you vow to take care of her your entire life?" The priest asked. 

"I do." Sehun said, looking into my eyes. 

"I do.." I said when it was my turn. We exchanged rings. 

"You may now kiss the bride.." Sehun leaned in and plant his lips on mine. I closed my eyes to feel him. I feel his love for me. 

"I will take care of you forever..." He whispered. 

"I trust in you..." I said. 

-------The End------ 

A/N: sorry this isn't the best story and the ending is rather abrupt.. I'm really sorry...But I'll add a bonus chapter.. *Smirks* Don't worry. It's just not the end yet.