Chapter 14

Never

And one by one they left me. Kai getting engaged and Sehun saying goodbye. I'm alone once again. But I'm used to it. I decided to move back to home, with my father. This house which I'm staying in has too much memory. I have to say goodbye to them. 

"Good to have you home!" my stepmum greeted as I arrived home with my luggages. 

"How are you feeling omma?" 

"I'm good. Thanks for your concern. You must be tired. Go up and have a rest. I'll call you when dinner's ready..." She said. 

"I'm fine...Where's Youngjae?" That was my brother's name. 

"He's sleeping upstairs..." 

"Guess I can only play with him later...." Both of us smiled. 

"Haena, it's going to be hard for you..." We sat down and talked. 

"I'm fine. I'm ready for it..." I guess I am. 

"Is there anyone you really like?" Is there? 

"Chanyeol oppa is a nice guy..." I changed the topic. I really don't know how to answer. 

"Tell me the truth Haena, don't lie to me.. It's better to say things out..." 

Then I told her. About Kai. But not Sehun. I don't want anyone to know. It's just between us. Only me and him and Kai know about it. 

"Here..." She handed me an envelope. 

"What's this?" I opened it. It was a plane ticket. 

"Next week is his party...we're invited..but you don't have to go..Take this and take a break overseas...Think carefully..don't worry about your father...it's his idea.." 

"Appa's idea?" 

"yes...just take a break from here alright? It's not easy for you...your father loves you...and he doesn't want to force you to marry someone you don't like but you know he don't have a choice, for his company, for our status in korea..the only thing he can do is to protect you as much as you can..." 

"Gomawoyo omma..." I guess it's only good for me to take a break and erase the memories. I will be a changed person when I come back. I will let him go. 

----------------------------

It came to that day. When I left. It was around 1am and I got up to check my bag for the last time and went down for some food before leaving. Then just like before, when i left to study overseas, I left the house, alone. Our chauffeur drove me to the airport. I was on my way, staring out at the streets, images flashed in my mind. 

I wanted to tell him in person that I wish him happiness. I wanted to text him congratulations. I can't. If I started talking to Kai again, it'll be hard for him. I know what type of person he is. I know he is trying his best to not think of me at this point of time. If I show up at the party, maybe, maybe he would just pull me out of there and leave with me. That's what he could do. My father made a good decision to let me leave. 

Also, being there will mean seeing Oh Sehun again. We said we will get out of each other's life. I don't know how to face him when I see him. I have to act in front of others too. I'm tired. I'm tired of all this. I just hope it'll be over soon. I'll get engaged and married as planned, have a child and wait till I die. Then I'll be free from all this. 

Then the car stopped in front of the traffic light. The street was still empty because it's still the wee hours of the morning. Something caught my eye. I saw people fighting at a corner. Or more specifically, one person against a group of masked men. Oh Sehun. I realised it was him. What on earth is happening. I got the car.

"Miss? Miss!" The driver called after me but I ignored him.  

"Yah! what are you guys doing?" I ran towards him. 

"Stay away!!" He shouted at me as he punched a guy. Sehun's POV: What is she doing here? Run away babo! Don't get into trouble because of me! Run! Leave me alone! 

"What is going on? Be careful!" I shouted to him as a guy approached him with a rod. He was knocked unconcious. I passed out right after him. 

The next moment I opened my eyes, I was in a dark place. I don't know where I am. This place stinks and is dirty. I found Sehun and shook him. 

"Sehun ah, Sehun! Don't scare me!" I shook him hard.

"ugh.." He opened his eyes and held his head where he was hit. 

"gwaenchana?" I was worried about him. 

"Yah! are you stupid? Why did you come? You should just run away!" He shouted at me. I opened my eyes to see her there and then I saw where we are. Stupid girl! Why did you come for me? Why? I don't want to get you in trouble! I don't want to see you hurt! 

"I saw you in trouble! How can go away and leave you in the lurch!" Why do you still care about me! You don't love me! Why did you come! 

"We don't know each other!" 

"Sehun ah, now it's not time for this. What happened? Who are they?" 

"How would I know!? ugh!" 

"Are you still in pain?" I reached for his head but he pushed my hand away. Don't make me change my mind again...It was hard to make the decision to stay away from you. I tried so hard to forget you and you still came back once again. Why? Haena why? 

"why do you still care!?" 

"because I know you would do the same if it was me!" I said it. I was stunned by what she said. Yes, if it was her, I would run to her. I would save her. Because I love her. 

"babo ya..." He pulled me into his embrace. "Why are you so foolish? Now you're dragged into this...I caused you harm..." Sorry Haena, i couldn't protect you. 

"No..you don't..I won't let you get hurt..." I hugged him back. 

"I am already hurt...but it's ok...you're here now..but what were you doing there at this time?" 

"I...I was going to the airport.." Airport? oh right, today is Jongin's engagement day....She didn't want to attend...She's running again...I should have known...it wouldn't have been for me..I got happy too soon... 

"leaving again? because of him?" He loosened his hug. "Then why did you come back?" 

"Because I couldn't leave you there...You were getting beaten up... and now we're held captive..."

"did you regret?" He stared into my eyes. Did I? Can I? 

"No." I looked back at him and said that word. I just know I couldn't leave you there alone at that time. And now that we're here, it's the only time I can be with you. 

"Do you love me?" Oh Sehun. You're always going back for her.. Lee Haena, one more chance. I'll try once more...Just give me the answer I want.. I beg of you.... 

"Can we don't talk about this?" 

"No. I want to know. I have to know. If we were to die here, then I want to die with no regrets. I need to know." 

"We won't die here Sehun. They probably want money..." 

"Then we'll probably die.. or maybe I will die and they will let you off..." 

"No. Don't say such things!" 

"My parents won't care about me...but you're different..and their target is me...you have nothing to do with this...they might let you go..." 

"I won't leave you alone here Sehun.." Stop caring about me if you don't love me! I don't need a friend! I need you to be with me! 

"Do you love me then?" 

"Yes. Yes I do Oh Sehun! From the day I met you! From the day we got together! I love you!" I said it all out. She said it. I knew it. I knew she love me. She must have her concerns. I know she love me. Tell me why you left me... I'll forgive you because I love you... 

"Then why?" 

"Why? Do I have a choice? Do you think we can choose to be together Sehun? Kai is getting engaged...then me..I'm sure your parents have already planned for you.." 

"you're getting engagaed too? with who?" What did she just say? engaged? what!? Is this why she left me? 

"does it matter....we can never be together Sehun..regardless with you or with Kai...we will never be together..." Yes we can! We will be together... No one can stop me... I'll make it happen...just wait Haena...I will... 

"If we made it out alive, cancel the engagement..promise me babo.." 

"I can't! It concerns the company! It concerns the family! I can't be so selfish! What about Kai? We have to separate because of this cursed life...we do love each other...and he's your best friend! how can we be together when he can't choose to be with the one he loves...we can't be so selfish Sehun..." Selfish? yea right...for us, I will be selfish..very selfish..If you don't have the courage to pursue your love, I'll give it to you... 

"I only know that I have only you... I don't care about my family... they never cared about me too.. I was sent to study overseas because they don't want me to get in my brother's way..he is going to be the successor of the company and me? I'm just a useless son who only knows how to have fun and fool around, creating troubles...I was happy that I met you..you made me feel belonged." 

"So? you made me love once too. you made me be myself for once and live the life that I always wanted..even if it's just a short one year plus...and it's enough...it stops there...Sehun..." He kept quiet. I kept quiet too.