Chapter 28

I Will Teach You Trust

The next day came and I was walking walking to school with a blank expression. I went to all my classes like normal and my most dreaded class came. I took a deep breath in and walked in the classroom with a straight face. I looked at Baekhyun and just as expected, he was talking to Taeyeon.
He noticed me and immediately came to me.
    "I can explain," he said.
    "What do you mean?" I asked since I decided to pretend I wasn't there.
    "About yesterday," he said while looking me confused.
    "I don't know what you're talking about. I just what to know how the tour went," I said while taking my books out.
    "So you didn't see something questionable yesterday?" he asked.
    "No, did you?" I asked now looking straight at him
    "No," he said
    "So, did you show Taeyeon around?" I asked.
    "Yeah,"
    "What time did you finish?" I tested.
    "uh... 4 pm," he lied.
    "That was quick," I said noting this.
    "Yeah, it didn't take too long," he said.
    " Well, class is about to start. Go to your seat or the teacher's gonna get mad." I said while ushering him back.
    The next hour went by quickly since I was wondering why Baekhyun lied to me. As I though more, I started to question our relationship and how long we would last. The bell rang and I slowly started to pack up. I noticed Baekhyun come towards me and I forced a smile.
    "Uh... sorry but can you walk home by yourself again today? I'm really sorry and I know it's the second time in a row." he asked.
    "Is it because of Taeyeon?" I said before I could stop myself.

"What?" he said.
    "Nothing," I said while swing my backpack on.
    "No, what did you say?" he insisted.
    I hesitated until I said, "I just asked if it was because taeyeon. You've just been with her a lot lately," I said quietly, almost a whisper.
    "Are you questioning me right now?" he said.
    "No, it's just that you've just been ignoring me for the past few days," I choked up.
    "Oh... well, I'm sorry if I have. It's just that it's been a long time since I saw her. I hope you understand," he apologized.
    "I do. Then you won't mind if I hang with Sehun today, right?" I asked.
    "Huh, why sehun," he asked.
    "It's just I lost a bet and now I have to spend a day with him." I replied.
    "Okay, just text me when you get back home," he said while slightly annoyed.
    "K, bye," I said as i waved bye. I looked back once and saw he was already with Taeyeon. I sighed and headed to the error top which I promised to meet Sehun. I opened the door and saw him smiling.
    "Sorry, I'm late aren't I," I said.
    "Nope, I just came early," he did cheerfully.
    "Well, what are we doing today?" I asked.
    "What do you want to do?" he asked.
    "Hmmm... Arcade?" I suggested.
    "콜!" he cheered and we were now heading towards the arcade near school. We were playing various games and it was already got dark.
    "We should head back, it's and ready so dark out," I said.
    "K," and we headed to my place when we passed a small stationary shop.
    "Wait, let's stop by here." he said.
    "Why?"
    "I want something to remember this day," he said while dragging me. We looked and there were many cute little toys and plushies. I looked back and saw Sehun was gone.
    "What the-" I was cut off when a cute bear keychain was hanging in front of me. "OH MY GOD! It’s so cute!" I cheered

"You’re cuter" he said without thinking.
    "Dafuq…”
    "What? It’s the truth. Nothing is cuter than the fluffy monster: Hana!!" he exclaimed and everyone else in the store stared at us. Embarrassed, i quickly left the shop and sehun followed suit after buying the keychain.
    "Don’t ever say that again in public” I grumbled and sehun chuckled.
    "Although the fluffy monster is a bit grumpy time to time." he said while pinching my cheeks.

" you,"I glared but he just ignored me and continued to pinch my cheeks.
    "I know you love me~"he said
    "Ha, no" I replied blankly.

We ended up buying matching bear keychains and I secretly also bought a special one for baekhyun. Sehun walked me home and I was about to close the door when Sehun stopped it for closing shut.

    "Wait," he said.
    "What now?"
    "Where's my goodnight kiss?" he asked.
    "There is none. Now go," I shooed him away.
    "I'm not leaving until you give me one," he pouted.
    "Then don't. Night," I said while closing the door. I saw Sehun's sad expressions as i closed the door. I shrugged it off and went to change into my pj's. As I walked to the kitchen, I heard a soft thump from outside.
    "설마," I mumbled to myself as I reached for the door. The he was, crouching next to the door.
    "Go home sehun,"
    "No, not until you give me a goodnight kiss."
    "I said no kiss."
    "Well I say there is. Unless you want me to sleep out here in the freezing cold for the whole night."
    "You're not going to guilt trip me. No means no." I said firmly.
    "I- *sniff- don't even have a jacket and the -*sniff- and the ground is so cold," he said.
    "*Sigh* Okay fine, just once on the che-"
    "Really?!?!" he said cutting me off.
    "Just on the cheek. I'm am so gonna regret this," I said while helping him up. He bent down to match my height and just for safety precautions,is held his face in place.
    "Here goes nothing," and I quickly pecked him on the cheek. I let go and he was now smiley, ear to ear.
    "Happy?" and he nodded. "Now go home, it's late."
    "K bye!!"He waved and I sighed to myself.
"Oh my god, that idiot." I said to myself as I smiled like an idiot.

--------------------------------

I went to school the next day and the first person I saw was baekhyun.
    "Oh, hey. How was the day with sehun?" he asked
    "It was fun. Here I got you this," I said as i handed him a keychain of a bunny holding a heart.
    "Awww~ It's so cute, just like you," he said and I lightly slapped him on the arm.
    "So cheesy,"I mocked.
    We went to our respected classes until lunch. I walked up to our usual spot and saw 12 very, very, loud guys.
    "Sup," I greeted.
    "The sky," said Kai.
    "Haha, very funny." I said with a straight face.
    "So, how was the date?" asked Chanyeol.
    "First of all, it was not a date. Merely a hangout day. Second,it was better than I thought," I answered and saw a disappointed Sehun.
    "But we even have matching couple keychains~" Sehun whined.
    "They're not couple keychains. Their friendship chains,"
    "치," Sehun said. The rest laughed and lunch went on like normal but something was always catching my eye. Baekhyun was on his phone the whole time and he was even smiling.
    "What the hell are you doing Baekhyun?" I finally asked.
    "Huh?" Baekhyun said as he lifted his head for the first time since I got there.
    "You were on your phone the whole time," I asked suspiciously.
    "Nothing," he replied shortly but I knew something was up.
    "I didn't think I had to do this, but, Chanyeol?" I said and Chanyeol responded with a nod and smirk. Baekhyun tried to pull his phone away, but Chanyeol was far too strong and so Chanyeol easily took the phone away.
    "He was just texting Taeyeon," he said. I looked at Baekhyun and he looked guilty as hell.
    "Are guys dating?You've been together like 24/7. I even saw you guys at the park yesterday," Kai said. The rage in me built up but I kept it hidden and decided to interrogate him later.
    "Yeah are you?" I snapped.
    "No," he said while avoiding my gaze. The bell rang and I lost my chance to talk to him so instead, I texted him.
    "We need to talk, meet me at the rooftop,"I typed hastily as i walked to my next period.