Chapter 22

I Will Teach You Trust

The movie came to an end and the blinding lights woke me up. I stretched my arms up and rubbed my eyes to get rid of the still lingering sleep.

"Let's- go," I said while yawning in between. 

"Uh yeah, sure," and he stood up. 

We walked out when I remembered I ran out of milk and eggs and I suggested, "Wait, can we stop by the market before to pick up some things?"

"Sure," he answered. We changed directions and I was leading the way since it was my neighborhood. We were carrying two small plastic bags each and laughing at each others jokes when I heard a rustle nearby. Thinking it was just a rat, we continued walking past an ally then we heard a ear piercing screech for help. Startled and suspicious, we both walked in further and saw a group of guys surrounding a little girl that was around 6-8 and also clothes ripped off. I knew from the first glance what was going on. 

"Hey let's go. Let's not get involved," he nudged while trying to pull away but I resisted. 

"I have to," I said while advancing forward.

"I said, let's go," he said more sternly while gripping harder.

"No, let me go," I said as my rage built up from the sight in front of me. 

"I don't want what happened to you last time again!" he yelled, this time,  catching the men's attention. I stopped in my tracks for a second and turned around. 

"I'm so sorry, but I'm already involved. I have to do this. Please don't hate me," I said softly and removed his hand. He stood there in despair and I mentally apologized more until I walked forward to the group. 

" Oh, little lady. You want to join in?" the first man said with a sly smirk.

"Disgusting," I said while going in further. 

"What did you say? You shouldn't push i-," he tried to say but I cut him off with my fist and he fell hard on the floor from the impact. While the others were in shock, I went up to the little girl and analyzed her state which wa such worse than I saw before. She was a mess with tear stained eyes, bruises all over, and blood on her 'down there' but I knew from the clues that they hadn't entered her yet and to that I sighed in relief. I took my sweater off and wrapped her in it. I picked her up carefully and walked slowly to Baekhyun which was looking just as shocked from my calm and reserved actions. 

I handed her to her and said, "Watch after her while I take care of the rest."He nodded and I turned to the people in front of me. I opened my backpack and took out the bandages and swiftly put them on. I looked at them and this all reminded me so much of myself and the terrible experiences I had before and the things the little girl might have to go through as well and then my vision went completely red. 

"You shouldn't have done that girly. Now we need a substitute and you're just asking for it," the man I knocked down provoked. 

I gave a short dry laugh and responded coldly," Fine, you can use me instead, but only if you can handle me."

"Oh, we've got a feisty one. I like that," another guy said. I kept walking forward while I looked at them and saw there were three of them and all of them were rather very unfit and weak looking. I was about  meter away when one of them pounced at my and reached for my when I grabbed it and twisted it and felt a crack. 

"Why you little !" he yelled and threw a pathetic punch with his other hand. I easily dodged and kicked him on the floor, knocking him out completely. The other two ran towards me with their attacks that were far too embarrassing for me as a fighter to even call them punches or kicks. I kept attacking as I thought about my experiences and thought of this as revenge for all the suffering I was brought. I kept punching one on them in the face even though we're calling for mercy. I kept going, since my normal self was already gone and all that was in my head and driving me forward was rage and vengeance. 

My fist was soaked in blood and my white shirts was splattered with his blood along with a little bit of the the little girl's since I was carrying her. 

"HANNA STOP!!" a voice yelled then I snapped out of my trance and realized that there were other people. I stopped my fist midair and let the man go, his head slamming on the uneven ground. I slowly stood up and walked toward the two, my hair covering my eyes. A hand grabbed my ankle, but my rage was luckily kinda drained from the last guy so I just kicked it away and proceeded towards them. I saw that the girl was still sleeping and was relieved that she didn't see my little scene. 

I didn't even glance at Baekhyun, which looked a bit scared but more worried about me, and I took the girl in my arms and she softly said, "Where am I? Don't hurt me!" 

"It's ok, I'm here to keep you safe" and I hugged her tighter then she finally hugged back.

"I'm scared. They hurt me and touched-" she said then I cut her off. 

"Shhh, don't be scared. They can't hurt you anymore," I reassured her. 

"Really, thank you unni," she said while I felt a tear hit my stomach. 

I kneeled down to match her height and wiped her tear away with my clean hand. I took my sweater Baekhyun was holding and put it on her. 

" What's you name ?" I asked as softly as I could. 

"김유리," she answered with a slight smile. 

" What a pretty name. Now, can you tell me where your parents are?" 

"They dropped me off at a strange looking man's house and said that they won't see me for a while. Then the man started to do things to me and I didn't like it so I ran away and this happened," she answered while tearing up again.

"Don't cry, we'll take care of it. Do hurt anywhere?" I asked warmly and she pointed to various placed, mostly places where ual things happen and I clenched teeth form the rage, but held it in in front of her. "Come here," I said while holding my arms out and she jumped into my arms. I hiked her up and her legs wrapped around my waist and her arms were around my neck, her head resting on my shoulder. I supported her body with one hand around her fragile body and told Baekhyun to call an ambulance which he did quickly. I looked through my backpack and took out some wet wipes and put her down and wiped my knuckles, first, of blood before cleaning her. After I was done, she hopped back in my arms and I chuckled a little from her cuteness. 

"You would be an awesome mom, you know that?" Baekhyun said while looking at me and admiring the fuzzy scene of me and the girl. The ambulance came and she got on the bed and I waved goodbye when she remembered my sweater but I quickly told her that she could keep it. I promised her that I would visit her, knowing she would have to stay in the hospital for a while, and she gave a toothy smile in return. I saw the ambulance go off and we continued to my apartment. I was walking when I felt something slightly heavy  on my shoulder and back and saw to see it was a jacket. 

"I don't need it. It's not even cold," I said while trying to give it back but Baekhyun stopped me.

"I know but your blood stained shirt might draw unwanted attention," he said while looking away. I nodded understanding his point and the entire walk was dead quiet.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

SCHOOL'S FINALLY OVER!!!!!! I finally finished school and summer break just started. Well, technically it doesn't until Monday, but who cares. IT'S SUMMER BREAK!!!!! IM SO SORRY!!!! I've been practically ignnoring and neglecting this fanfic for ages, therefore, I provided my terrific readers with a TRIPLE UPDATE!!! The neglection is a result of my idiotic teachers piling on project after project as well as essays that are 7 pages  long. ( =_= ) Although it is summmer break, I'm afraid that I, yet again, can't guarantee updates because I'm leaving right to Korea this week. I'll try to update as much as possible. Still can't over the fact that I'M GONNA BE BREATHING THE SAME AIR AS MY EXO AND INFINITE OPPAS!!!! *(>_<)* ... Don't judge me lol. Jk. You'd know how i feel if you guys share the same fangirl feels as me. DA FEELS!!!! Enough with my randomness (of fabulousness MWAHAHAHA... hehe, it rhymes) Enjoy reading and continue to support me with your views and subs. Happy Reading!!!