Chapter 23

I Will Teach You Trust

We arrived at my place and Baekhyun decided to stay for a bit. We sat on the couch, both stiff from what just happened.

He gathered the courage and asked, "So do you think is the time to tell me what happened to you in the past. I suppose it was also the reason behind the little... a... event that happened back there."

I sighed and said, "I guess it's about time you found out. Well it all started in elementary school and my parents passed away..." and I continued to tell my story. I felt a tear well up at the end of the story, but I back in. He noticed and as I finished my story, he took me in an embrace and stoked my hair on the back of my head which was soothing. I felt comfortable in his arms, inhaling his scent, and the tears burst and a waterfall was released. Despite my relentless sobbing, he remained by my side and kept me in his embrace. After what seemed like hours, my last tear fell was stained his shirt. He carried me bridal style to my room and set me on the bed before walking to the closet and pulling out a shirt. He handed it to me and I saw him go out until he left the room and changed quickly, taking the bloody shirt to the laundry basket. He was waiting in the living room as I approached him and said, "It's getting too late, you should go. I'll be okay by myself."

"Are you sure?"  he asked. I nodded. I walked him to the door and he stopped in front of the entrance. I looked at him with a thanking smile as he leaned in. He gave me a quick peck on the cheek and I was kind of shocked. Before I could respond, he ran to the elevator and before it closed, I stopped in and made clear, "We are still not a thing."

" I know, but I wanted to see what it feels like before I do it for real," he smirked. I was dumbfounded as the doors closed on his stupidly grinning face.