Chapter 27

I Will Teach You Trust

A week passed since that incident and Kyung soo and me were closer than ever, in a friendly way obviously. And my relationship with Baekhyun was getting tighter but it was still a secret although some the EXO members were getting suspicious.
    "Are you sure you guys aren't dating?" Kyungsoo asked as he observed us during our last period. I was helping him with some class work and he kept staring at me.
    "Yes now stop asking," I said while praying it didn't show.
    "Yeah they aren't cause I'm gonna date her," Sehun objected as well. At this point, everyone in our group knew about sehun liking me and they were all open about it.
    "Look I'm not gonna date any of you. Got it?" I said firmly.
    "Just you wait," Sehun pouted.
    "You're so adorable, I'll never see you as a man," I said while pinching his cheeks. Baekhyun glared at us in jealously and I chuckled.
    Sehun abruptly grabbed my wrist and he leaned forward. I tried to pull away but he was surprisingly strong. He kept leaning forward and Baekhyun watched us closely, holding himself back from punching sehun. Everyone else wasn't paying attention so there was only Baekhyun watching.
    Sehun was now getting dangerously close and he said in a low voice, "How about now?"
    "Sehun, stop," I said while looking away only to be facing him again as he forced me to look into his eyes.
    "Not until you answer me," he persisted.
    "Seh-" I was cut off when Baekhyun pulled me do my back was now against with chest.
    "She said stop," Baekhyun almost growled.
    " 치, I was just teasing," he said while leaning back, "Chill,"
    "Okay..."I said awkwardly and seated myself back down in my original seat. Sehun went back to talking to the rest of EXO and I went back to helping Baekhyun. I wrote him a note and it read, "Don't make it so obvious." He read it with an expression which was hard to read.
    I noticed him rip a small piece of paper and also wrote something on it. A small folded paper slide towards me shortly after and I carefully opened it and I felt my face get hot immediately as i read what it said.
    "Only look at me." I looked at him and he was staring back lovingly and I was melting in his gaze but I looked back to the lesson to prevent myself from falling any further into his stare. About 5 min later, I felt a hand grab mine under the table. Shocked, I snapped my neck next to me and saw a widely smiling Baekhyun. I tried to let go but he firmly held it. The rest of the class went on with him holding my hand and me red from the sudden display of affection. As the bell rang,he finally let go and I sighed, in both relief and disappointment. I was honestly  missing the warmth in my hand but I quickly brushed it aside.
    "Why'd you do that? We could've been caught," I whisper yelled.
    "I suddenly wanted to make sure you had a boyfriend after that incident with sehun," he pouted.
    "Of course I won't forget you. I like you too much." I covered my mouth and quickly stood up.
    "What?" he said with smiling even wider.
    "Nothing!" I said while trying to hide my now tomato red face.
    "Did you just say you liked me too much?"
    "What, no.." I said.
    "Then I like you more" he whispered in my ear. I crouched in an alley nearby and covered my face. After about 10 seconds, I jumped back up with a straight face and Baekhyun looked at me confused. "What was that?"
    "Nothing," I said while walking next to him, "Just trying to calm down,"
    "Okay? You wanna go to get some boba?" he asked
    "With the others?" I asked.
    "No, they have detention for some stupid prank they pulled on one of the teachers," He said.
    "When will they ever grow up," I sighed while shaking my head.
    "I hope soon," he sighed also. we laughed while walking to his locker. He closed it and we were about to leave when we both heard at very loud and girly voice calling him.
    "BYUN BAEKHYUN!!!!" said a very beautiful girl. She proceeded to hug him and everyone around looked at her and Baekhyun looked flustered.
    "Taeyeon?" he finally spoke.
    "Oppa!! I missed you so much!"she said.
    "Uhh... 누구?" I asked still very confused.
    "Oh, I'm Baekhyun's girlfriend. You?" she said cheerfully.
GIRLFRIEND!!!??? DA BAEKHYUN? YOU'RE CHEATING ON ME?!?!?! Oh, s gonna go down. Crazy
    "I'm... uh.. his... friend?" I said trying to calm myself. I looked at Baekhyun in judgment and in rage. He cowered under my glare but Taeyeon seemed oblivious to it.
    "Sorry, I'll explain later." he mouthed. "I'm, for the last time, not your girlfriend." he spoke this time.
    "Well, future girlfriend," she said.

This over here...
    "She's a friend of mine but I guess she decided to give me a surprise visit after she moved," he said directing towards her.
    "Oh," was all I could say since I was still kinda uncomfortable with a very beautiful girl hugging my boyfriend.
    "Look, I need to go. I'll see you later," he said to Taeyeon and he dragged me away. We walked to the boba shop silently and it was starting to get awkward.
    "Is she really your girlfriend?" I said, breaking the silence.
    "What?! No!"he yelled.
    "Fine," I said, still annoyed at the picture of her hugging him.
    "Wait,is someone jealous? The ____, jealous." he said and he started to laugh.
    "Stop laughing and I am not jealous!!!" I denied but he suddenly pulled me into an embrace.
    "아이고, you're so cute. Is great to know I have a girlfriend who loves me back," he said. I tried to push him back but his grasp was strong so gave up and stayed still.

"You're really not dating her tho?" I made sure.
    "Yes, you're my only baby," he said and I blushed. He walked me back to my apartment and I bid him goodbye. I walked in and,tired, I passed out on my bed earlier than usual.

---------------------------------------------

 

They next day was the same old same old but something bothered me. I felt like something bad was about to happen but I shrugged than feeling away as I walked into my English class. I was greeted by 12 smiling guys. I waved and sat in my seat. We chatted as the teacher walked in .
    "Okay class,we're having a new transfer today," and entered Taeyeon. I was in shock as she introduced herself. All the guys looked at her in awe and Baekhyun was also staring.
    "You may where you like," the teacher said to her.
    "I'll sit there," she said while pointing to the empty seat next to Baekhyun. She sat next to him and I was starting to think my feelings were right. I watched then the whole time and Baekhyun didn't look at me even once,but he was only just talking you her. I didn't think about it too much since I thought they were just meeting in a long time so it was natural to be preoccupied with each other. As class ended, he said goodbye to her and he started to walk towards me.
    "Did you guys catch up with each other?" I said while rummaging through my bag for my phone.
    "Yep, she hasn't changed a bit. Do you mind walking home by yourself tom? She asked if I could show her around the school." he asked.
    "Sure,I don't mind. Just don't go cheating on me," I joked.
    "Why would when I have all I want already?" he teased.
    "아이고, so. cheesy," I said while lightly punching him on the arm.
    "I know you love it," he teased again. We walked back and he said goodbye. The next day was weird since Baekhyun seemed to not pay attention to me much and kept hanging around Taeyeon. I wasn't  until lunch that he spoke his first word to me,but it would've been better if he continued to not speak since his first word was "Taeyeon" He kept talking about her and it was slowly starting to get on my nerves but I kept in it because I didn't want to be one of those girlfriends. By 6 period, he was ignoring me more and more. He didn't even say goodbye as he left with Taeyeon and I wa slept alone. The walk home seemed to be longer and colder as started to see the coffee shop which was along the way home. I decided to get some coffee and I entered the building. I was waiting for my order with I heard a familiar laugh. I followed my ears and my eyes fell upon Baekhyun taking with Taeyeon. My heart sunk and it finally shattered when he wiped away some whip cream that got on the corner of Taeyeon's mouth.
    Weren't they supposed to look around the school? More than enough time passed to see the whole school, it was like 6pm and school ends at 3.
    Taeyeon blushed and Baekhyun just stared at her. My order came up and the employee called my name which caught Baekhyun's attention. I quickly took the coffee and hid in a booth. He shrugged it off and figured it was a common name. I exhaled and headed out.
    "Show her around the school my ," I mumbled a bit too loud and Baekhyun was now sure I was here. His eyes darted around the area and he finally saw me already out of the cafe. He was about to chase after me when taeyeon stopped him.
    "Is something wrong?" she asked with worrying eyes
    "Uh... nothing," he said while sitting back down.