Chapter 20

I Will Teach You Trust

There they were, Kai and another girl, doing it in the living room. Baekhyun covered his eyes in disgust and said, "Sorry that you had to see this? Hanna? Hanna?" He shook my shoulder lightly but I was already deep in my past as the event in front of me triggered the memories I've been avoiding for years and was the cause of all the therapy, medication, and rehab I went through.

 It was about nine years ago when my parents died and I was taken care of a family friend temporary.At first, he seemed nice and I grew fond of him until one day he led me to a strange looking hotel. I was naive at the time and cluelessly followed him. As we got to a room, he pushed male on the bed and I finally realized what was happening so I questioned his actions but he taped my mouth with duct tape. He tore my clothes off and was in shock, denying what was happening to me. He proceeded to touch me and I screamed for mercy, but they muffled from the tape. He continued to me and I lied there, helpless and dirty. 

At the end of my flashback, I felt my breakfast come back up and I quickly asked Baekhyun, "Where's the ing bathroom."

"Go straight and the first on the left, but wait a bit before you go so you don't interup them, "said while holding me back. Me being in an emergency, I pushed him out of the way and headed straight for the bathroom, not noticing the surprised yells and stares of the couple while stumbling to get their clothes. I locked the door and threw up in the toilet bowl. I stopped only after I choked up all of my breakfast and yesterday's dinner. I flushed the toilet and washed the excess vomit that got on the rim and my lips. Reaching in my backpack and I took out some mints and popped them in my mouth after gargling with water. After patting my face dry, I opened the door and saw Kai and the girl talking to Baekhyun which looked worried at my strange behavior. I quietly closed the door, still panting at the sudden outburst, and walked towards the front door while the three watched my every movement. 

"Hey, what happened in there? You ok?" he asked while stopping me in front of the door. 

"Yeah. I just need some alone time and fresh air," I said with my raspy voice. I lifted his hand off my shoulder gently, showing my mental state since I never was this soft. I rode the elevator down and got off as it got to ground level. I went outside in the cold and sat on the bench conveniently next to the exit. I tried to relax when I suddenly felt my heart clench and beat faster, I started to panic and breath heavily. I desperately looked for my phone and pressed my first speed dial. A male voice pickup and said, "Hello?" 

" It's - happening-" I managed to gasp. 

" What?! Now!!! , uh... inject the stuff in the vial," he said said flustered. I dropped my phone and spilled everything in my backpack and found the pouch which was small and white. I hastily opened it and took out a small cylinder. I popped the cap off, revealing the thin needle and I stabbed it into my thigh. I felt my heart calming down and my breathing slowed down. I sat on the floor, on my hands and knees, my things scattered all over the floor, the needle still in my hand. I heard a ding and quick footsteps then a voice I recognized right away, "What's going on?" 

"Nothing to worry about," I said while sitting back up and packing my things. 

" Well it definitely looks like something to worry about," he said while kneeling on the floor, helping me with my things. As I zipped up my bag, I said, "Thanks,"

"No prob. Now tell me what's wrong," he said with a worried expression. 

"It's nothing ," I repeated, my head down. 

He softly touched my cheek and lifted my head up and said, "Hey, it's okay. Remember, you can tell me anything, ok?" and gave the most warming smile. My expression softened and so did he. 

"I'll tell you when the time is right," I told him, obviously unsatisfied with his answer but kept quiet. 

" I'm gonna go back and change, k?" he said while helping me up. I nodded and waited patiently on the bench when my phone rang and I picked it up.

"Hello? Are you all good now?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I managed to use it fast enough to avoid further damage," I said while playing with the end of my shirt. 

"Thank the lord," he said relieved, " Do you know what caused it?" I stayed quiet and he asked again, "Did you see... you know what?"

" yeah..." I said with a deep breath. 

"Oh... so the scars are still there. I never knew it was so deep," 

"Neither did I," 

"Anyways, I'll call you later. Come to my office as soon as you can to get your pen replaced," 

"K" and we both hung up.