Chapter 17

I Will Teach You Trust

Shocked, I, without hesitation, took his shirt off and started to clean and disinfect the cut. Luckily ,it was fairly  shallow and I finished quickly. I helped him sit up since at this point he was slightly conscious, and wrapped the part of the chest which was wounded his with a bandage, noticing our positions seemed to be switched from last time. As I finished off and left the room for more supplies, he was completely awake and saw that he was shirtless and I returned with a clean towel and new water.

"Oh, hey. You're awake," I said.

"Yeah, you did this?" he asked while pointing at his chest. I nodded and set the bowl down, sitting down next to him. "Thanks," he said quietly.

"No prob. Now why were you fighting against those guys alone?" I asked.

"It's none of your business," he said while looking away. 

"Baekhyun, tell me the truth," I said while grabbing his shoulder and turning him to face him. 

He was shocked by my sudden action then sighed in defeat and admitted,"I tried to ask for directions to the nearest subway station to some girls since I got lost then their boyfriends showed up because they thought that i was hitting on them and dragged me to an alleyway where it went on from there."

"What the ?" I sighed  then thought for a second  and I asked "What did you do?" 

"Wait, are you blaming me right now? Even after witnessing them beat me up?" he said while sarcastically putting a hand to his chest.

"Come on, one doesn't just attack someone if they did nothing," I raised a brow.

He slowly looked down to his lap and continued to mumble, "Okay, so may have ask some questionable question."

"Like what?"

"Like maybe their... numbers?" he said the last part almost like a whisper, just barely audible. He hung his head lower as I crossed my arms.

"Tsk Tsk Tsk, I knew it. And I guess you're abnormally good visuals didn't help the situation either?" I said without thinking and when I realized what I said, I covered my mouth with my hand while Baekhyun looked just as shocked.

"What did you say?" he asked.

"Nothing," I replied while my eyes darted around the room to random objects, trying to avoid his gaze.

"Repeat what you just said," he said while he smirked.

" I said it was nothing," I answered as a shade of light pink crept up my face. 

"Come on, what did you said?" he insisted while grabbing my wrist to stop me from leaving.

" It's nothing!" I snapped back while trying shake him off when he maintained his strong grip. My chair tipped sideways and it fell under me which caused me to fall towards the floor, pulling him with me. We both fell onto the floor, leaving us in a very odd position, Baekhyun on top of me, my hair fanned out.

"Get off," I said while looking to the side. 

"Not until you repeat what you said," he insisted.

" You're still on that," I sighed, "fine. I said it wasn't surprising because you are attractive. Happy?" He smirked and looked straight at me. "What?" I asked, still blushing.

" You know, you're not that bad either," he suddenly said. Shocked from his words, I quickly turned my head at him and met his gaze which looked sincere and warming. I felt my cheeks get hotter and looked away again the other way. 

"I've had my eyes on you ever since we were grouped together," he said. I kept looking to the side cheeks only getting redder. "Why won't you look at me? I thought you said I was attractive?"he asked. I was stubborn and kept avoiding his gaze. He placed his hand on my chin and turned it to face him. I was forced to looked into his eyes and I took the moment to admire every feature of his face. From his perfectly shaped nose to his piercing yet welcoming brown eyes. We stayed in that position for about a minute when he started to lean in and I realized what he was trying to do. He slowly got closer and closer until he was only a few centimeters away. He stopped for a split second then he brushed his lips against my. My eyes fluttered open and realized what happened and looked away, my cheeks back to the cherry red before. He smiled until he also realized and closely observed my actions and exclaimed, " Was that you first!"

I slowly nodded and he said, "Good cause I want to be your every first."

" Like to see you try," I mocked. He got off me and we both sat up. "You can stay for the night if you want. I'll lend you some clothes," I said while brushing the very real dust off my clothes. He stood up and sat on the edge of the bed. I tried to leave the room when I was pulled back and landed on his lap. "What are doing!?" I slightly yelled in shock.

"Let's just stay like this for a while," he said while back-hugging me.

"I have to go do the laundry and some other chores," I said trying, hoping he would buy it and let me leave this strange situation. 

"Can't you do it tomorrow?" he whined while tightening his grip.

" No, and besides, I'm probably too heavy for you to handle, so I should get off be-" I said when I was cut off in the middle of standing up. He pulled me back swiftly and I was met with the softness of my bed sheets. It turned out he flipped me over to my side, facing him, also on his side. "Wh-what are y-you d-doing?" I stuttered. 

"Just stay here with me for a while,"he said while pulling me closer to his bare chest. I eventually gave up after numerous failed attempts at ot get up and stayed quiet. I, at one point, drifted off to sleep, feeling somehow secure in his embrace.