CHAPTER 3

Something Happend

CHAPTER 3

 

Good Morning everybody! – I said to my co-workers as I was walking to my spot, even when some of them were with that annoyed face I will not let it bother me.

Good morning to you too Miyoung- I heard someone said after I sat on my chair that was inside of my cubicle, I looked up to see my workmate standing outside the cubicle.

Hi Yoona, How is your day? - I said once everything has been in order in my desk.

Well its 7 o’clock, I can’t say too much. - She said leaning on my desk grumpily, I chuckled seeing my friend’s behavior when the sun started to show up; she always have said that every work should start at 10’o clock.

Why are you doing here yoong?-

I just came to see you, you have been busy lately.-

I’m sorry, it’s just the work, you know how is this.-

Yeah; I heard that you are going to cut your contacts.-

Yes, our boss keeps telling me to take each call, I mean I like to talk with people but I have my limits too.-

I understand, so with who are you going to keep calling? - She grabbed one of my pens playing with it.

Mmm… well I think I would keep the old lady from Ohio, the police man of England, that little girl from L.A –

Wait… you talk to a little girl? What are you a e? - I rolled my eyes, sometimes I forgot she act as an immature person.

She is 20 ok it’s little for me, anyway as I was saying I will also be in contact with Jessica.-

Who?-

She’s new, I talked to her a few times.-

And why are you going to keep her? You should keep with those that are you “close”- she said to me putting emphasis in the word close.

I told her that she can call me whenever she want plus she is really interesting. - She gave me a sharply looks.

Whatever Miyoung; I’m leaving, see you around-

Bye. - Once she left, I collapsed at my chair, I keep staring at my celling for a while.

Knock, Knock- someone said

Bora! - I stand up quickly bowing to her.-

I’m not your captain you know?-

No but you are my boss- I smiled, she did it too.

Yes you are right, anyways I was talking with my engineer and he say that the new app its working so well.

What is this new app?-

Well, basically the client can talk with us through their phone-

But…- I said, I knew something was missing here.

But we have to prove it first. – I looked her.

What are you trying to say?-

You know they can’t call us at our phone because they don’t know our numbers, so with this app they could reach us without a problem but for this to work we need to put a small ship in the phones of our workers.-

And you are going to use mine as a test?-

I was hoping you are in, what do you say?-

You are going to know with who I’m talking or who I’m texting?-

Oh no, no, no, this ship is just for the call could enter through your phone instead of your computer, you would keep your privacy. -

Mmm… maybe I could do it.-

That’s great Miyoung, I’ll talk to you later. - I nodded, I sat down again, this time I put my earphone, I the computer, I enter my password and right away I call was in.

Hello, how was your day? - In that way my long day at work started it.

 

 

It was probably noon, since my stomach keeps calling me, I couldn’t order food from my favorite place cause my phone was kidnaping from my boss, so I made a decision to go out to buy something to eat; I was at the elevator when one of my workmates step in.

Good Day Miss Hwang.-

Good Day- I reply shortly

You know you always answer me with short words-

I looked at him clearly annoyed.

I’m? I’m sorry.-

I know we are not in good terms-

You said it we are not-

It’s been two month already get over it.-

Get over it? Siwon you cheated on me, I trust on you and see what you did.- the elevator stopped on the first floor.

I have to go, now have a good day- I told him stepping out the elevator, I couldn’t figurate why someone like him was working here, I know he can be a nice guy but mostly he was a jerk,  I didn’t know why I date him in the first place.

This thought reminded me on her, Jessica, maybe she was like me, not notice that someone could be a jerk… I wonder how is she doing, is she ok?  I wonder how she looks, she has a nice voice, I never get bored to hear her and even though she never talk too much… she is cute too.

I stopped right away making someone behind me to bumped I apologizes quickly then my thoughts began again “wow that was a lot of thoughts, what am I thinking, she is a client, just that" without notice I walked without a direction, I looked around for something to eat, my growling stomach reminded why I was out; at far I could see a coffee shop, maybe I could eat some muffing and wait until dinner to eat something else; with that at mind I walked to it.

Welcome to SY coffee, this is the menu, my name is Taeyeon as your service. - She said smiling me sweetly. She was wearing a black T-shirt and some old pants with a white apron, she has her hair tide high, in her shirt  was a little id with her name; Kim Taeyeon could be read.

Thanks, for now I would like a coffee, please- she nodded.

Ok, in a moment.- She went behind the counter where someone else was there, she was a taller than Taeyeon, tanned with a long black hair, she was talking with someone but I couldn’t tell what she looks, she was giving me her back, just her blond hair was seen.

Here is your coffee, are you ready to order?-

Taeyeon appear once again blocking my way to the blond girl.

I would like to take the special, please.-

Alright, it will take a moment, if you need something else you can call me or Yuri, she is at the counter. - I nodded

It took 10 minutes for my food arrived, I started eating when someone approached at my table.

Good day miss, sorry for interrupt you, we are asking some question about our coffee shop, can you spare some of your time? - The girl said with her notebook, for a moment I was paralyze hearing her voice, it was familiar, where I hear it before?

Uhm… yes, go ahead- I looked up to see it was the blond woman I saw before, now I can see her face which was white like snow, so soft even when she has that cold expression, she looked stunning.

How you rate our services? In a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is bad and 10 is excellent-

Mmm… I would give to you a 10. - I said, she was taken back.

Can I ask you why you think we deserve 10?-

Mmm… well the food is amazing and the services it’s great, the workers are very attentive.- 

That’s really nice for you, I’m very thankful- The looks on her soften a little.

You welcome sweetie. - everything was fine until this moment, her face tense a little bit, her eyes open up so widely and she just stood there looking at me.

It’s everything fine? - It was kind of creepy on her to just stand there without saying anything.

E-Everything is fine, I-I’m sorry is just that you remain me someone that’s all, sorry to scare you.- she was sweating a little, her face become red for embarrassed, she looks away which I found it kind of cute.

You don’t scare me, nothing to worry- I said flashing one of my eyes smile, she smile at me for a moment before looking away again.

I should let you eat, hope you enjoy your food. -She said grabbing her notes.

I will, by the way, you should show more often that smile of you, you look pretty.- I didn’t know why I said that but I just wanted to let her know, she took a step back stumbling a bit with the table beside her, I smile one more time.

I think I will come more often. - I said taking a sip at my coffee. A smile was placed at my face hiding behind the white cup.

 

 

Sica, what are you going to do? - It was past 2pm, I was at my office checking some paper work, I looked up when I heard the door open just to reveal it was Hyoyeon, I smiled at her and went once again with the paper.

What do you mean? - With a pen in my mouth I asked her, I was pretty busy, some bills came and I have to say it wasn’t nothing good.

I mean about your life-

I let a sigh go out, I took my pen from my mouth, she was staring at me with those serious eyes, I couldn’t blame her to feel worried about me,  we were friends since kinder garden, she knows me the most, she was always standing beside me an every moment of my life.

I’m divorces now, the only thing I’ll set it mind it’s my coffee shop-

What about your love life?-

I think for now I’ll be single beside I don’t have other choice, do I?-

I guess you are right, I can’t believe he did this to you.-

Me neither, but I can’t change it, it happens, now Hyo please I don’t want to talk about it. - She just stood there looking at me saying nothing, after a while she nodded.

Whatever, I’ll be in the kitchen if you need something. - I nodded.

Just one thing, don’t stay here or in your house, go out, have fun, ok?-

Ok, don’t worry. - After she left I collapsed at my chair, looking at the celling, I didn’t want to keep working.

What should I do? - I thought a loud, then she came to my mind, I grabbed my computer and turn it on.

Hello?-

Tiffany-

Oh Jessica, how are you?-

You are single? - I asked bluntly, there was a brief silence before she answered me.

Yes I am, why are you asking?-

Maybe you could tell me what to do, how to have fun. - She let a softly laugh.

Well, I used to take walks and find places where I can eat or just to clear my mind.-

Walks? That’s it?-

Sorry, do you want me to say that you have to go out and find some random guy and have all night and since we are singles we don’t care about compromise. -She said sarcastically, I couldn’t help to laugh, she chuckled.

Sorry, it’s just my friend keeps telling me to not be in home all day or stay at the office.-

Well, I’m in their side too, you deserve to have a little of fun, maybe you should really find some random guy and sleep with him.-

Gross, I would never do that.-

What? Having fun or sleep with someone?-

The second one, sleep with some guy I don’t know, it’s not me.-

Mmm… what do you think about sleeping with some random girl then?-

What? I don’t think so, I have never sleep with a girl.-

You could experiment a little bit-

Why are you telling me this?, have you sleep with a girl before?-

Yes and I don’t regret, it was much pleasure than sleep with a guy, and I’m telling you this so you could get more idea of having fun-

Your ideas are kind of weird, so are you saying you are a lesbian?-

I don’t label myself as a lesbian more like a biual.-

You are very opened about this.-

Well you can’t say anything to me that I had already hear, and beside who cares?-

I like you- without notice I said.

I like you to sweetie. - That’s when a flash came to me; her voice was equal to that woman who came today.

Jessica are you still there?-

Sorry, is just today some woman came to my restaurant and I could tell it sound much like you.-

Really? That’s kind of weird.-

Yeah, I think so too, but that is impossible right?-

I don’t know, maybe?-

Tiffany, what time is there? - I could say that something was odd about this situation.

Uhm… I think is already 3 or maybe 4 o’clock- I took a glance at my watch it was 3:30, that’s mean she leaves near here or she leaves here.

Jessica is everything alright?-

Yes, don’t worry, it’s just I have been watching those polices series.-

That’s cute. So tell me how was your day?-

Pretty much the same, I have some paper works that I have to take care, my friends are concerned about my social life and my sister keep calling me every hours, it’s kind of annoying.-

They are just worry about you, but I think I could understand you.-

I just want to be alone for a moment, just a moment, it’s not like I’m going to lock myself at my house.-

Yes, you are right, mmm… maybe you should lost yourself in the city, how about that?-

That would be great, maybe I would do that-

Then you can tell me how it was-

I’ll, thanks for picking up my call, you always have the way to make me feel better.-

No problem sweetie, it’s a pleasure to talk to you.-

Really? - She laughed one more time.

Of course silly.-

Talk to you later?-

Sure, I’ll waiting for you call Jessica. - I closed my laptop; a smile was place on my face.

This girl is really something. -  I say to nowhere, I look down where my paper were, let a sigh and keep working.

 

 

Sica, what are you going to do tonight? - I was about to lock the places when Taeyeon came.

I will take a walk, it’s a beautiful night. - I said looking at the black sky above us, the stars where shinning so bright, like a millions of fireflies.

Want to go with me?- Suddenly I feel the need to be with someone, this dark night it wasn’t for lonely hearts.

Are you sure? You don’t have to invite me-

I… Honestly I don’t want to be alone.- I look down , been weak wasn’t my fort, or that I was always thought.

Sure, maybe we could go to the park, I hear that there is a fair, we can go there if you want to.-

A fair? It’s been years since the last time I went to one-

So that´s it, c’mon! - she grabbed my hand and started to walk fast, she was talking about all the rides she wants to go, she was more like a kid, I look down, where our hands were, it was the first time she grabbed my hand, I could feel the different of grabbing a hand that doesn’t care about you and the other who cares, I could slightly feel happy “maybe Tiffany is right” I thought.

I smile again…